The demise of Pantera

Neslepaks said:
Damageplan should be perfect for all the people that hate Phil.

If you meant it perfect for JUST the people who hate Phil. I'll have to disagree. I look forward very much to Dimebag's and Vinnie's new shit. I really don't hate Phil though. He's been through some shit the last few years, and naturally his personality has it's positive and it's negative aspects - just like everybody.

NocturnalSun said:
but his 'shit' he went through was self-induced, so it's his fault. I think he's a total dipshit

That's true, I was only saying it's an explanation for him seeming like an asshole. You have every right to think he's a dipshit. I have to right to remember him as the cool motherfucker he once was and hopefully will be again.

NocturnalSun said:
ok check this out... new news, I just found it:

-----------------------------------------------

In a follow-up to Friday's Rock Report regarding the bad blood between the former members of Pantera, vocalist Phil Anselmo was recently interviewed by AbsolutMetal.com and here's an excerpt of the interview.

Sam: I know everybody has been asking you about Down and everything and you're probably sick of it, but I was just wondering if the acoustic album and the DVD are ever coming out?

Phil: "As long as we're entrapped with Elektra records, which we seem to be, I'm not doing another fucking thing for Elektra records unless they...they'd have to promise me...allot of money, real fuckin' quick, and a lot of promotion. And their gonna have to do better than promises, I want it fuckin' so to the fuckin' T, contracted to where they don't have the upper hand on the band. As they have in the past...I ain't doing nothing for Elektra records 'cause they ain't done nothin' for me but fuckin' waste my time. Aside from the other band which I ain't ever doin' nothin' with again...and I don't want to talk about it."

Sam: I figured that...any chance Elektra might release you guys so you could..

Phil: "You know, it's like... it makes me really wonder what kind of ego...and what the fuck did I do to fuckin' Elektra Records except deliver a platinum fuckin' record every fucking time. For them to hang on to my fuckin' career and all this fucking shit you know. Whatever, you know, play 'who's got the bigger dick' and, everybody knows I've got the bigger dick, you know, it's time for them to fuckin' chill out and let bygones be bygones. Let me fuckin' go on with my fuckin' life and I won't ever fuckin' bug you again."

Sam: How's the label been so far with Superjoint?

Phil: "Look man, I've gotta give all credit to Sanctuary because they are doing what they said they're going to do to a certain point. And they are the only ones that are fuckin' doin' it. Yet, I think they are understaffed, they could be bigger hitters. I don't think they know necessarily how to break a band, they know what to do with a band after their careers are over and shit like that, they make sure the product comes out. But that is not the fuckin' issue with Superjoint, I want Superjoint Ritual to be everyfuckin'thing that people maybe missed in Pantera. Because I knew that, you know, Pantera, not to talk about 'um, because I'm not going to, but if it weren't fuckin' for me, in that fuckin' band...what I fuckin' taught those motherfuckers. You know, you'll see on their new shit, the singer is gonna come out and imitate me, the best he possibly can. He's gonna have to end up singing songs that I wrote when I was fuckin' 20 years old, and their gonna sound like Diamond Darrell and Vinny Paul's killer sound, you know, they're not doing anything different. Whereas with Superjoint, yeah, we're doing something fuckin' different. I'm not saying it's never been done before, but what I'm saying is, is it's definitely a genre of music that changed my life forever. This is where I've wanted to be for so long, musically, you know, 'cause we've been writing Superjoint shit for oh god, since '93, and you know, long time coming man. I mean to fuckin' be with them, with this fuckin' band for damn sure."
-----------------------------------------------

Holy fucking shit! This guy uses forms of the word fuck more than me!:lol:

Neslepaks said:
The people that say that Pantera sucks, don't know metal. Pantera made good music from the CFH album to RTS. And SJR is a great band, imo. Damageplan should be perfect for all the people that hate Phil.
I suppose since we don't like Pantera, we don't know glam rock either, huh?

yeh, but phil isn't doing good music, infact i think its pretty crappy imo.
anyway phil looked like a very nice guy in the pantera years, now he is the biggest asshole in the scene, a shame!

With Phil's wannabe hard-ass persona, you know something's amiss inside him. Maybe he plays with dolls or something.

You *don't* think Phil plays with dolls or watches Sailor Moon in his Hello Kitty PJ's and is mean as a facade to conceal his erratic, embarrassing and really weird behavior?