Pantera

They're okay but extremely overrated. Plus I think they were a bunch of hicks. The music I can listen to sometimes. Mostly the older stuff, though I did like The Great Southern Trendkill.

I used to like Pantera's old stuff a bit, like Cowboys From Hell, but I got bored with the simplicity of it. Not just technically, not just asthetics, but the comercial feel to it. There isnt really very much meaning at all in the majority of their catalouge. I can listen to the most primitive BM, and despite the lack of technicality, feel so much more in the music than what Pantera does. In other words, Music is art, and Pantera is bland art.

EDIT: Also, Dime was a comptent but overrated guitarist, and Phil is a fucking crackhead moron.

Pantera gets the respect that they do because of their beginnings and where they took it. There a few different eras to Pantera's music, and me personally, I found Dime to be quite the inspirational guitarist. He was adventurous with his sounds, live he was fuckin phenomenal and almost always put on a killer show, and he took the approach of Eddie Van Halen and tweaked it the fuck out, creating this thrashed out bar rock metal.

But the love you see for Dime is because of the man, pure and simple.

I liked Far Beyond Driven the best, I feel it is the band at the apex of extremity as far as their catalog is concerned. The sheer ferocity of "Use My Third Arm" was a fucking call to action to a lot of us tired of the shit that goes on down here.

Good Friends And A Bottle Of Pills

I fucked your girlfriend last night.
While you snored and drooled, I fucked your love.
She called me Daddy. And I called her baby when I
Smacked her ass. I called her sugar when I ate
Her alive till daylight. And I slept with her all
Over me, from forehead to ribcage I dripped her ass.
Sometimes I thought you might be spying, living out some
Brash fantasy, but no. You were knocked out. But we were
All knocked out you know. In a way
I serve too many masters.
We didn't know you'd break the bottle that the magic
Came in to use those jagged shards to slit our wrists
And neck. And you'd do it too, you're that kind of dude.
But you wouldn't know what you were doing because
I didn't, your girlfriend could have been a burn
Victim, an amputee, a dead body. But god damn I wanted
To fuck.
I'm serving too many fucking masters.
[I told you. I told you motherfucker]

High On Maiden said:
I pretty much despise them, although I find the odd tune (like Domination, Cemetary Gates, etc.) listenable enough. I hate the sheer shit groove to so many of their riffs, epitomised ultimately in Walk. If this is what 'southern-rock' is about, then I'm glad I don't live in the South. Of America.

Not to mention their role in inspiring countless waves of shitty nu metal bands and fans. Yes, Dimebag was no doubt good at what he did, but come on how many people would be calling him the best ever if he wasn't dead? Sorry but it's true.

UHHH, people called him the best ever, long before he died.

its not southern rock. southern rock is lynrd skynrd and the allman brothers. This groove you despise, I'll take that any day over the mindless noodling I hear on 98% of the metal albums I come across.

responsible for nu-metal? how do you figure?

how can you be so negative about pantera? you're a maiden fan.:loco: glass houses and all that. :tickled:

The Bringer said:
Oh, and angry teenagers.

Pantera did not create angry teenagers. Teenagers are always angry because they've got all kinds of new hormones running through them and they're convinced that they're always right. :Smug: