People mistaking the Opeth O for an S

greatapoc

Feb 9, 2004
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
I was dragged along by my parents to see Radiohead last night and so I wore my Deliverance shirt. Now there must have been at least 10 people come up and say to me "What the hell does that say? Speth??".

Why is it so hard for people to realise its an O :erk:

People always come up to me and say "Who's Opeth? What kind of music do they play?"

I guess by some freak coincidence, the people who randomly come up to me are more observant than average. Who knows...

actually people think its a D when they see me with it.. ahahaa.. a lot of people love the O logo for some odd reason..

I like Radiohead as well. They have made some pretty decent music throughtout history, especially in the three first albums (pablo honey, the bends and the masterpiece OK. Computer.) Too bad that they have a somewhat large focus on their newer albums, which are kinda weird. The newest album is ok. Better than Kid A and Amnesiac at least.

jaykeegan said:
So how did you enjoy Radiohead? i personally thought it was fucking boring & i really regret going.

But on the bright side i found a LS Orchid shirt at Utopia Records :)

I thought it was quite crap. They didn't talk to the crowd at all and forced everyone to cheer for them. Don't get me started on The Bumblebees. Did you have the misfortune of seeing them?

greatapoc said:
I thought it was quite crap. They didn't talk to the crowd at all and forced everyone to cheer for them. Don't get me started on The Bumblebees. Did you have the misfortune of seeing them?

Yeah, they said about 4-5 words all up throughout the whole night. Man, i wish i could be able to just forget that whole night, oh i had the misfortune of seing the bumblebee's alright. They are the poorest, shittest, utter excuse for music i have ever came across in my entire life, i held my head in shame throughout their set until i just couldn't take it anymore so i wen't for a walk.

I kept an eye out for you but didn't see anyone in a black Deliverance shirt, where abouts were you sitting?

Still Death said:
Peole always come up to me and ask: "what does that say; Oprth?" Becasue they are mistaking the 'e' for an 'r'. Weird. :Spam:

Hehe thats what ive gotten. I have also been asked "whats a lamentation!?!"

radiohead is yummy. I had a pair of pants with an opeth patch on the back pocket. this guy came up to me in a music instrument store and asked "hey man, where'd you get the opeth pants?" twas funny

I've had two different people ask me, when I'm wearing my Opeth shirt, "Does that say Oprah?"...I just look at them stupidly for a few seconds and say...Yes, I'm a big fan... Then others will ask. What's Opeth? haha

greatapoc said:
I can't remember the section, but we came in door 7 and when facing the back wall, was pretty much right in the middle of the left hand side, Row D.

Ah ok, i came in door 9, section 24, row s. So i was pretty high up. But yeah, pretty much the night all up just sucked.