People mistaking the Opeth O for an S

Gin_from_the_bottle said:
people often ask me whether is says "absinthe" on my shirt...

''absinthe''? what the fuck, some people must be rather stupid. I don't see how anyone can't make out what it sais, the ''O'' is round, you just have you use your common sense to sound it out.

I don't like being a walking, breathing advertisement for any band by wearing their logo shirts. It kinda makes me feel like a tool, no matter how good the band may be.

I say if a band i like has a shirt that looks good, I'll wear it. I'm not going to not do something cause it could be percieved as advertising for the band.

People always come and ask me 'Hi, how do you do' and I try to ape that lame game and say 'Fucking die already'

Apprentice's Master said:
I don't like being a walking, breathing advertisement for any band by wearing their logo shirts. It kinda makes me feel like a tool, no matter how good the band may be.

Because self-image is a priority in your life eh? And you must find individualism at every corner? Buying an opeth or any other band's shirt gives the band money when purchased at their concerts. How is that being a tool? Showing appreciation to a band you truly enjoy by wearing their shirt is a very cool thing. :cool:

lol

bunch of idiots some people are

as for wearing shirts: yes its an advert, but i want to advertise the band! i want everyone to see my shirt and think 'hmmm ill check that band out'

My iced earth shirt got misinterpreted once, someone asked 'whats "Ked Earth?"'

People have mistaken..

Iced Earth = Ked Earth, Red Earth, and Iced Death
ATG Slaughter of the Soul = Laughter of the Soul.
Slayer = Hayer
Darkthrone = Just some thunder clouds
Children of Bodom = Children of Sodomy

The people who have asked me about my Blackwater Park shirt haven't even attempted to try and comprehend what it says. They always just ask me "What does that say?" And then when i tell them they reply with "What?" as if i didn't say it properly the first time. Then when they ask me who or what Opeth is or are I tell them that they are a metal band, and they say "Oh..." or "Oh, ok..." which makes the whole conversation a waste of time anyway :lol:

xxChaoticManifestoxx said:
I like Radiohead, but most of their fans seem to be pseudo intellectual fanboys who think their music is superior to every other band...Then again that applies to most bands.

:lol: Sweet irony :lol: