People mistaking the Opeth O for an S

A friend of mine saw my Still Life CD and he asked for the name of the band:
"What´s their name? Geth?"

GETH! I pissed myself

Last christmas I got a new Opeth shirt and my grandfather asked why I´m wearing a shirt with the name SPECK on it!

You know, this is funny.. I will wear my opeth shirts and not get a single "What is opeth?" or any question regarding the shirt for that matter.. but last week when wearing a newer (and rather mediocre in design) slayer shirt, some kid who had to be no older than 11 came up and says "WHERED YOU GET THAT SHIRT?!!" ...:erk: "Some store.. some where.."

I was 13 when I begun listening to slayer, although I DID hear of them when I was 11.. so who knows.. and by then they'd already released their midlife crisis album seasons in the abyss.. I just cant imagine a kid today liking slayer.. it just seems so far out there.. especially with all the bullshit in the pop mainstream radio today.

xxChaoticManifestoxx said:
I like Radiohead, but most of their fans seem to be pseudo intellectual fanboys who think their music is superior to every other band...Then again that applies to most bands.

i think weve heard the same argument about Opeth fans numerous times havent we? :tickled:

i myself like radiohead a lot, but i certainly think theyre overrated in the grand scheme of things.