Peter leaving

FUCK FUCK FUCK ....FUCK...!!!...NO NO NO NO....!!!!...hell NO..>!!!...get ure ass back in teh band Peter...!!!!...no way brotha......i aint takin this...!!!!.....U ARE OPETH..!!!!....as much as everyone else in teh band.....fuck man......wlel....i knwo its irreversible...!!!!.....its jsut gonna take me some time to really come to terms with this......honestly.......i jsut dont knwo what ot say man.....u are a killer guitarist...oen of my main fv musicians....adn u always brought this cool vibe to opeth......man we will so freakin miss you.......i was relaly so hopin this was april...adn a joke....butu o well......man.....serisouly...im so sad right now......this is not a good day in metla at all.......I will miss u big time my friend.....!!!!.....surely will

as for teh new guy,...!!!...well welcome abroad my friend.....congrats on teh job.....and hope u enjoy it...adn makme killer music liek ure predeccesor...!!!....well keep rockin guys...

and Mikey.....WHY....u shoudl kidnapped him......and told him...if he wants to be relased he has to sign a contract for another 2o years to be with opeth...!!!...o well....its a mad man talkin at this point....im really jsut .....im gonna take some time to digest this.......

.........alright then.......!!!....PEAC EOUT

I really never thought I would see this day. The thoughts of hearing people say "Mikael with just a backing band" fucking pisses me off. Though I have got to give it to him though, he's had his fun - he can't be "peter from opeth" anymore, he's trying to just be Peter Lindgren, and I wholeheartedly respect that and I believe that is what he wanted everyone to think. And that's what I will continue to think, even if the thought of Opeth never being the same does send a chill through me. Though, it makes me happy that I got to see Opeth with him, and after the show, even though we made no connection, he walked right past me, within arms reach - that thought alone refrains me from being sad. I'll always think of him as that solemn guy who contributed to Opeth's depth-defying image. Thank you, Peter, and good luck.

well, i'm of the opinion that opeth should call it quits after the next album. making 9 quality albums is enough for an everlasting legacy i guess. mike can go solo or continue under some other name.

:erk:

Holding back the tears people, im on the board most days and ( which seems like the rest of you) never saw this coming. Whos gonna deliver the pentatonic riffage that pete did? Mikes bluesy style worked soooooooooooooo well with peter.
I was always dissapointed with ghost reveries and as much as i hate to say it i felt the album had lost seroiud opeth momentum.
I was lucky enough to see opeth twice, London meanfiddler 2005 and Auckland New Zealand 2006.
Cant believe hes gone but its happened but very very dissapointing : (
Best of luck pete and the rest of the band and if lopez and pete feel like they need a half descent rythem guitarist, the opeth affinity is your man, i actually feel the opeth affinity has lost his affinity with opeth, im off for a cry, laters

well,

i really (unexpectedly) sad about this--gosh, i am almost weepy.

peter is a wonderful musician and, from my brief interactions with him, truly a lovely, kind man.

surely he will have more music for the world to enjoy. hmm, maybe it's his turn to play around with dan swano!!! (i can hope, right?)

but he is (more or less) recently married and perhaps thinking of starting a family, and not everyone wants to embark upon that knowing that a year or more of every 2 to 3 years is going to be spent away from home.

some people can handle it (such as mike and anna, evidently!), but it is more than reasonable that some folks would rather not miss out on their home lives. remember, he's not in his early 20s, he's over 30! priorities change as life moves on.

at least peter has ended up, i hope, with the best of both worlds. he's been a founding and long-term member of the greatest band in the known universe and now he will certainly get to call his own shots musically and enjoy being a husband, maybe father, math professor ? :) etc., etc. ...

best wishes, peter.

it won't be the same without you.

:kickass:

xoxo

t-rat

well, i'm of the opinion that opeth should call it quits after the next album. making 9 quality albums is enough for an everlasting legacy i guess. mike can go solo or continue under some other name.

:erk:

yeah sure

suidog.jpg

Ah shit sorry man, for a minute there I thought this was a forum intended for people to actually express individual opinion and the discussion thereof. Had I realized that it was actually a receptacle for the same sentiment to be reiterated ad nauseum I'd have just made another "OMG I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING MY LIFE IS RUINED BECAUSE PETER LEFT OPETH O WOE IS ME" post and let that be the end of it.

Individual opinions are not allowed here sir.

Good luck to you Peter, I wholeheartedly respect your decision and wish you the best

cheers for everything you have done for the fans, all the touring, all the hours spent on the road, for everything...I appreciate it.

Wish you the best, Peter....hard to believe that one of Opeth's oldest members is now leaving....I respect Arch Enemy as well and hope this guitarist will help bring Opeth back to pre-Deliverance/Damnation potential. What's next, are all of Opeth's oldest members gonna leave now?:cry:
:worship: Peter, you rule and good luck with your life. You did an awesome job with Opeth...

watch mendez go next...

so it has officially become Ackerfeldt, Inc.
I would have preferred Mickael backed off touring in order to preserve "Opeth - the people" rather than "Opeth - the business", but this just confirms and follows suit to everything we've seen over the past 3-4 years.

RIP.

I tend to agree with this for the most part. I'm not surprised at all. I do wonder who will be next and I cannot help but wonder if somehow there are reasons akin to both Peter and Lopez for leaving.

Ah well. I really look forward to any music Peter writes on his own if he does.

You have to give me your Laney!

No, damn dude, now you're leaving to.. I don't think I will ever have those *peter* goosebumps again. :erk:

Too bad they have a new guitarist already, I'd love to compete with other Opeth fans in a battle to become their guitar player:loco:

Dude, Rock on!:headbang:
Cheers