Votes: 1 2.0%
  • pet? are you crazy?

Votes: 6 12.0%

• Total voters

Heliologue

neologist
Jul 1, 2001
heliologue.com
ok, this is a thread i haven't seen before, and i got to wondering..... because you can tell a lot about a person by the pets they have. i personally have three living cats, plus 3 who have died.

anyone else, even if you can't because you're allergic or something..... what pet do you prefer?

We;;, my wife and I have the following:

4 cats (21 year old siamese, 2 maine coons, 1 grey kitten)

2 dogs (Siberian Husky and her mutt daughter (she was raped))

1 beta fish

I have no pets with me. But back at home in Thunder Bay, I have a newt who's 13 and a half years old. Newts are supposed to live 18months-4 years. This is strange. He's a minion of Cthulhu, and I will be spared when the stars are right since I took such good care of my little newt.

lol, Duvall. :lol:

i'm definitely a dog person. in fact, i don't trust cat people. :err:

i have a westhighland terrier named casey (very unoriginal -- we adopted him so we didn't have a choice). and growing up, i had an australian shepherd named zorro. that dog was psycho -- one blue eye, one brown eye, and no tail. :devil:

I protest that 'cat' is not the first and foremost option in this query. Another poll to the boycott list. ;D

I have a cat and a fish (just a small one, the other died and I haven't got a new one yet. And no, the cat didn't eat it :D ).
What I'd really love to get is one of those (forget the exact name) Bird-catcher spiders, y'know, the ones the size of dinner plates, that live in the Amazon or somewhere and actually feed on small birds and rodents. They are just soooo cool (scary as all hell, but cool nonetheless). Unfortunately, with all the quarantine restrictions here (and the probability that they're expensive!) it won't ever happen, but it would be cool.:cool:

Little Nikki "the dog" Lanthier passed away shortly ago and since I've not had a pet, although my parents are looking into getting another one. I suppose one day I will get my own, but that won't be for awhile. I'd like to have a big dog, but I won't unless I have suitable living space for him.

A dog is the coolest pet for me.....
I have 3 (two of them live in our country house-I hate that place
:mad: and one here) ; a blue-eyed Husky called Ira,her behaviour is the epitome of jealousy :lol:...... and 2 Groenendals,Morgan and Avra,cuties :)

I can't stand cats.... somehow they don't give a damn about the person who takes care of them.....

Hearse,parrots are coooooooool,when I was 10 years old we used to have one who could speak.....
:loco:

Fish is booooooring,my brother has an aquarium in his room....

I like meows over woofs.

I really like cats. I know some good reasons why cats aren't ALWAYS what you'd hope, but you can get lucky with cats I'd say...4 out of 10 times. I like the way cats look at you. They seem sarcastic at times! I think that's a riot. I'm not one for dog kisses AT ALL and I know that's how they like to show their appreciation, but back off puppy! I don’t care HOW clean they say your mouth is. I do agree that they tend to show more gratitude towards their owners than cats, but that doesn't make them better in my book. My brother has a husky called Rebel. What a beautiful dog! I'm totally an animal person, though. I wouldn't turn away a stray if you paid me even if it was a Great Dane! But, if I can choose, I'll take a little kitty any day.

I can't have cats where I live though. My landlord likes to pretend he's my dad I guess and says NO! So, I got a ferret. My little white minx. She's cool, but is you're looking for gratitude, you're in the wrong place! This things like, "Pick me up...put me down...scratch my back...leave me alone." It just makes the day I get a cat that much better. I had cats growing up all my life. Dogs too, but I always liked the cats better.

>o<

I grew up with dogs, and like them.

Give me a cat, and you will eventually find it tied to the bumper of my car on the highway at 60+ MPH (well, I wouldn't really do this, although kicking an occasional cat can't be all that bad - can it?)

In the past, I have had fish, rabbits, and guinea pigs.

Currently, I have the following:
2 fish
1 guinea pig
1 cockatiel

The fish are easy
The guinea pig is cool - big, likes to eat, somewhat personable
The cockatiel - the best pet I've ever had - love him. I never knew a bird could have such a personality - and I know this is even more defined with the bigger birds. My brother had a parakeet when I was young, and I hated him - I really don't know what possessed me to get a bird, but I'm glad I did.

Originally posted by metalmancpa
Currently, I have the following:
2 fish
1 guinea pig
1 cockatiel

LOL, is that a recipe for an "Opeth Meal" which is to be enjoyed with the Opeth Drink? :heh:

Mwhahaha, ANYWAYS, dogs are the greatest. Just gotta luw 'em! :hotjump:

I have a dog it´s a Jack Russel, she keeps on running all day!
I don´t know why but I hate cats! Maybe it´s because you can´t have fun with them like with a dog?