Votes: 19 45.2%
  • Damned In Black

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Sons of Northern Darkness

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Immortal are hilariously gay

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
Pure Holocaust blows everything else they've done clear out of the water. Nothing else is even fucking close.

Ok, final verdict - this is definitely the best of the early Immortal albums. The headbanging, rifftastic fury goes by so fast you don't even know what hit you. The only song I had trouble rocking out to was Storming Through Red Clouds and Holocaust Winds. Other than that, 10 horns up. I still enjoy AtHoW better, but this one has definitely risen higher on the scale.

Oh, and that Vader riff is epic!

Is the new Abbath-less Immortal any good? I've heard it's good. It's also been frickin' freezing 'round here so lots of Immortal has come out.

1. At the Heart of Winter
2. Pure Holocaust
3. All Shall Fall
4. Abbath self-titled Han Solo album
5. Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism
6. - 9. interchangeable with the rest / doesn't really matter

Pure Holocaust is awful when driving, but amazing at home.

At the Heart of Winter works for both occasions. So I had to choo-choo-choose that one.

I voted last night. But I thought about voting 3 months ago.

The abbath-less Immortal is better than abbaths solo efforts. They got their vigor back. Sounds like Immortal of old.

The Demonaz album is also very good.

As for the poll, AtHoW. But Ive always had a soft spot for Blizzard Beasts. And SoND is better than I remember

I love the first Abbath solo album, it's like pop black metal but somehow not fucking stupid. The second one not so much.

If I were to toss I - Between Two Worlds in the mix, I like that one better than 66.6% of proper Immortal albums. Fuckin' RAWK.

Agreed. Hell, I would take Between Two Worlds over all Immortal and related shit

That album is amazing