planning on tattoo

Oct 13, 2003
NL - Gelderland
hi i know probable there has been alot threads about this.

but im planning on taking my first tattoo, something personal, but i just really hate needles so thats my only worry...iv thought about this for a very long time but im finally ready to do this.

how was your first experience with this?

All I'll say is make sure its something you won't mind in 10 years, and 20 years, and 30 years, and so on.

Oh, and don't get any fag shit like hearts or flames or some shit

I've been contemplating the same tattoo for about 6 years now. I figure if I still want it by the time I'm 25, I may get it.

I've figured I might do a new tattoo every 10 years... something that sums up that previous decade of my life... either a mindset I was in at the time, something that happened, etc.

So far I already have the tattoos drawn out. I'm more worried in finding the right artist now, than anything else. There's so many tattoo artists out there, but the fact that I've seen some pretty god-awful tattoos done, worries me.

hmm i know what you mean but here in holland there are some really good and clean tattoo-artists, i know some friends of mine have tattoo's and they know some good artists, so i dont have too worry about that

Im freaked out of needles too, but I had this idea before I got my tattoo, that it probably wouldnt really feel like a normal needle because it goes in and out so fast... but thats exactly how it felt like someone stabbing me with a needle way too many times, and rubbing really hard with the needle... it sucked ass. Buuuuut its an hour or so of sucking really bad that in the end is totally worth it, and within a couple of months you'll probably be thinking about doing it again

I've been contemplating the same tattoo for about 6 years now. I figure if I still want it by the time I'm 25, I may get it.

I've figured I might do a new tattoo every 10 years... something that sums up that previous decade of my life... either a mindset I was in at the time, something that happened, etc.

So far I already have the tattoos drawn out. I'm more worried in finding the right artist now, than anything else. There's so many tattoo artists out there, but the fact that I've seen some pretty god-awful tattoos done, worries me.

I'm in the same exact boat. I'm just trying not to pay out my ass.

I want another tattoo so bad. About two days after I got mine I wanted another.

At first it hurt like hell (they were tattooing over a sunburn, cause i'm a norwegian and i was in hawaii). But after the first few minutes i got used to it. And as hard as it can be, don't tense your muscles, it'll only hurt more. Just like playing guitar, the more relaxed you are, the better.

Anyone got cool ideas for my next tattoo? I'm thinking of Thor's hammer with my name in Viking Runes on the hammer...

why is that extremely gay? he actually is Scandinavian, not like all these white people getting Chinese symbols etc. should he instead get a crystal ball tattoo ya fuckin gypsy?

I like marks on my skin, it almost doesn't matter what.

I'm not the best person to give advice about tattoos though, I tend to think the debate overblown. I'm still not gonna be happy with my fucking face in 30years, so who gives a toss about some tattoo?

Just as long as it isn't completely stupid. Like, a pink bunny tattooed on your forehead. That might be a bad idea.