Post a random fact about yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, Im seeing The Haunted in 2 weeks. It'll be my third time. First time was the best gig ever, second time was a shit gig because of the supports but The Haunted slayed. And hopefully this third time will be even better than the other two... although that's alot to ask.

Fact: there's evil spirits in my room and its making me very uncomfortable.
Fact: Ive got the monday blues and it's not even monday yet.

@hilj: my eyelids twitch when i'm extremely tired, but it's left eyelid lest you're an alien :p

fact: i just realized that i don't really respect people who speak broken english, if i don't have a very good reason to justify them.

edit: oh my, it came out all wrong :lol: the comment about broken english had absolutely nothing to do with hiljainen's number of eyelids, it was referred to ads on a dating site i was browsing ten minutes ago. stuff like "religion...race... thinks of no important wen one starts 2 LOVE!".

Yea.. go to bed already! :p

-I downloaded the Seti software yesterday and so far Ive been torturing my computer with over 10 hours of additional labour :tickled:
-Im getting all bubu so I better fuck off, night everyone

fact: on the way back from washington, last november, an indian girl headed for bombay annoyed the almighty out of me by talking non-stop about work visas and whatnots in her broken english. that's where i learned to hate grammarless, syntax-deprived, semantically-challenged definitely-not-english speakers.

Lolita Vampiriá said:
@rahvin: how about people who are so drunk that they can't even form a sentence in any language?

there's some dignity in that. and the whole issue of how impossible communication is, as pondered by hundreds of philosophers and writers in history. ;)

Some drunks have dignity, some don't. :p

I'm somehow amused by the people who can't talk understandable English but they try anyway. At least if I don't have to spend more than one or two minutes with them.

February is midwinter, and February 14 is midFebruary, so today is mid-midwinter, the bleakest day of the year. <---- wisdom from my calendar

fact: i also think that all of us with this fixation about good english are being quite foolish. we probably all have shitey german (except for taliesin :p) and shitey chinese and shitey spanish, to mention languages that are spoken by multitudes of people. well, maybe not german, but you get my drift. but i still can't stand broken english. :p

fact2: i came home early from work because i was supposed to meet a plumber and he isn't here. i hate him. ha.

:p well i'm not pissed off by foreigners doing small errors, i do many of those too. what really pisses me off are phrases like the one hyena mentioned: i hate stuff like 2 instead of too and the "omgomgomg!!!!!!111" and unreadable crap full of grammatical errors, especially when it's from mothertongue people.

OMGLOLZBBQ!? :p

I really cant say how good my english is, but I guess Im making a lot of mistakes which quickly give away that it's not my mothertongue, so I guess I should forgive as Im being forgiven as well
German seems to be a difficult language so there arent many who speak it fluently or without an accent.. sometimes it's annoying but mostly it's funny or cute, but when someone speaks it really well, it's all the more impressive. But so far Ive met two people who didnt have an accent..

Status
Not open for further replies.