Post a random fact about yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's vapours - my sunglasses got all foggy after a few seconds. inhaling caused a bit of crying anyway, but avoiding direct vapour/eyes contact was already a partial solution. until my vision was so blurred that i actually mistook my finger for an onion.

Northern Viking said:
Heh, sounds as if you got it too then.. Sociophobia is the fear of attracting public attention, hence you fail while everyone watches. The weird thing is that I remember holding reports pretty much until the end of the time at school. Ive been nervous for the last 2 or 3 years but I could do it.. apparently, during my civilian service it got a lot worse :(
I'll also have my depression treated and who knows what else I have.. I hope it works :sad:
Yep, I can do speeches or presentations somehow but I fear them beforehand and feel quite discomfortable. I suppose that is common thing but for example I don't wanna meet people during the usual working day i.e. I don't like going to cafeteria much if I have to say hello to people (other employees) I don't really know. This is strange, it has been like this for a couple of years now and it's getting worse. Maybe it's a fear that somebody asks something of me I can't do and it makes me "lose my face" somehow. This doesn't happen in out-of-the-office environment..

Good luck to you, hope you have found a good treatment as you mentioned before.

Of course it's common to be nervous before holding reports or speeches, but I definitely have an anxiety disorder.. Im uncomfortable in certain social situations as well but I dont fear I could lose my face as much then. I feel a lot more uncomfortable holding a report and being the only one who's being watched :(
And my appointment isnt for another 2 weeks so we'll see.. heh

fact: i think that i basically have two moods, one frustrated/aggressive, one rational/measured. the first one gives birth also to the concentrated/final mode, the second to the proactive/helpful mode. they present themselves in cycles and they undergo small evolutions and bounces in years, basically divaricating further. so now if i'm in mode one i'm blank and almost suicidal, if i'm in mode two i am social and efficient. the two fuse progressively, too. i won't be able to understand a thing in a couple of years.

Fact: lately i start to talk with everybody, i'm so not myself

Fact: today i was waiting for a class outside of a building when a definitely weird guy/man asked me a cigarette and then asked me what my shoe size was o_O it suddenly became "late for class" and i ran away into the building

Fact: my eyes are killing me, i'm tired

Fact: falling soon into a dreamless sleep would be a good thing to end the day, i miss the last weeks when i didn't dream/remember my dreams

Fact: i just wrote sleepless sleep, and i didn't quite realize why it sounded weird at first.

Fact: i want tea

hyena said:
i got a tiny cut on my left index finger yesterday while trying to cut onions with my sunglasses on (i'm sure you see my reason)
You're not Trinity. And you're not fooling or intimidating the onion.
..it suffered enough with the knife alone

MorbidEnemy said:
fact1: I will go see Lamb of God , Fear Factory, and COB tonight.
Did you have a good time, man?

Hilj said:
Fact: falling soon into a dreamless sleep would be a good thing to end the day, i miss the last weeks when i didn't dream/remember my dreams
Why? What have you been dreaming?

Fact: I'm not going to do very well this semester..

MagSec4 said:
Did you have a good time, man?
It was good, but COB's set felt very short. I think COB just played 7 songs which felt like 5 to me. I'm not a fan of Fear Factory but they were ok . I wish i were taller, i had to jump a lot of times because everyone in front of me were giants :( . I left before Lamb Of God played.

TheFourthHorseman said:
I lost my pencil "box".
Oh my god, you poor bastard! :cry:
*hugs TheFourthHorseman*

MorbidEnemy: It's a shame about the CoB set, it's a shame you're not a FF fan, it's a shame you couldn't see much due to your relative height, and it's a shame you didn't catch Lamb of God's set ..they're surprisingly quite good.
..sorry, man.

Facts: I'm very resistant to cold. I can't stand much ambient warmth/heat.

:err:
I've just never seen or imagined "poor bastard" used in that sense. It sounds a little strong to me. Heh.
The tone of that previous post annoys me. I guess I'm just reading too much into both of them.

It's an expression. And it definitely isn't supposed to be offensive or strong in any serious way.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.