Post pictures of your Gear and Guitars!!

Hey iced in Flames

you mentioned a Korina KV a while ago, have you seen this

jack_kv1kori_sig2.jpg

jack_kv1kori_sig_bd.jpg

jack_kv1kori_sig_bk.jpg

and yes that is Dave Mustaine's Signature.

http://www.kurosawagakki.com/sh_dr/jackson.html

bobvex said:
Hey iced in Flames

you mentioned a Korina KV a while ago, have you seen this

jack_kv1kori_sig2.jpg

jack_kv1kori_sig_bd.jpg

jack_kv1kori_sig_bk.jpg

and yes that is Dave Mustaine's Signature.

http://www.kurosawagakki.com/sh_dr/jackson.html
I've been looking all over for one of those! :yell:
Jackson discontinued that model so they are pretty damn hard to find. I dont like trems so I wasnt gonna get the KV2 and I dont like the new KV. So thats why I'm gettin my Rhoads. Did you order yours and have it built? If so how long did it take? I hear the wait is 6 months right now for Jackson. Year and a half for BC Rich so the Beast I was getting is scrapped.

Wait time for Jackson is 4-6 months now. The more custom it is though, it could take longer. I'm about ready to order a custom Rhoads myself. \m/

I haven't posted any pics in this thread... I've sold off most of my guitars, the Jacksons I have kept:

87 Strat, ebony one hum:
babyblue.jpg

95 Custom Warrior (purchased from Phil Fasciana of Malevolent Creation... Used on the albums Eternal and In Cold Blood, and on the european portion of the In Cold Blood tour as a backup)

headstock.jpg

warrior.jpg

My 96 Custom KV:

kvhs.jpg

kvcaseds.jpg

and my 89 Strathead Dinky:
sheaddinky.jpg

Leper_/-\ffinity said:
Wow Xenophobe, those are fucking awesome, how much did that Warrior cost you??
Thanks! I quite love her. I paid $1400. A bit high, but I bought it directly from Phil Fasciana, and Malevolent is one of my favorite bands, so I had to buy it, especially being a Custom Warrior with a non-standard layout. :)

xenophobe said:
Thanks! I quite love her. I paid $1400. A bit high, but I bought it directly from Phil Fasciana, and Malevolent is one of my favorite bands, so I had to buy it, especially being a Custom Warrior with a non-standard layout. :)

That is one Fantastic looking guitar and it probably plays like a dream :D

Unfortunatly I dont have any Pics of my Guitars by themselves only ones with me playing em But heres two :D

group003.jpg

group010.jpg

Those are 2 of my Favorites I also have an Epi Explorer that I absolutely cant live without :headbang:

Iced In Flames said:
I've been looking all over for one of those! :yell:
Jackson discontinued that model so they are pretty damn hard to find. I dont like trems so I wasnt gonna get the KV2 and I dont like the new KV. So thats why I'm gettin my Rhoads. Did you order yours and have it built? If so how long did it take? I hear the wait is 6 months right now for Jackson. Year and a half for BC Rich so the Beast I was getting is scrapped.
Shit thats not mine, i need to win the lottery first. I saw pics of it on the net, so i dropped em here also. It is quite a hot guitar though, and with Dave mustainse sig on the back its gotta be worth about $4000-$6000, since he doesnt endorse Jackson anymore.

Iced In Flames said:
Nah. It aint worth anything near that. If thats the case my Beast is worth more. I've got it signed by everyone in Iced Earth, Jag Panzer and In Flames.
yeah, but did any of those bands play a Beast?

i think signature guitars are worth more if they are signed my the artist who uses it, like i got my jackson signed by Alexi. I odn tknow maybe its just me, but if i get a chance to get a instument signed, it will be the the artist who uses that particular brand or product. like.. . id get a Les paul signed by jimmy page, or a strat signed by Yngwie Malmsteen, or dave murray and janick gers and adrian smith. but thats just me, i saw a strat that was signe dby angus young and i was like. . .whaaaaaat, why dont you get a SG 61 reissue signed by him.

bobvex said:
yeah,
id get a Les paul signed by jimmy page, or a strat signed by Yngwie Malmsteen, or dave murray and janick gers and adrian smith. but thats just me, i saw a strat that was signe dby angus young and i was like. . .whaaaaaat, why dont you get a SG 61 reissue signed by him.
If you get a Les Paul get it signed by Les Paul. >:p~

Bryant

JonnyD said:
That is one Fantastic looking guitar and it probably plays like a dream :D
Thanks! It's a great guitar and plays fantastic. A few of the corners were chipped (on the backside though, not on the front), and she has some buckle and pick swirl, but the action is stupid-low... and she's got tone to spare... I'm pretty sure she's mahogany because she sounds pretty dark with EMG81s... otherwise I'd throw an 85 in the bridge.

@ Bobvex: A Korina KV1 is worth probably $1300-$1500 on ebay. With Dave Mustaine's signature, it's worth $1300-$1500 with the signature on ebay. If it was one of the actual Mustaine guitars that were auctioned off from his collection, it's worth $1300-$1500, though most of them sold for $4000+.

I wouldn't pay any extra for anyone's autograph, and generally most Jackson players and collectors pay less for guitars that have been defaced.

Personally, I love that my warrior was custom ordered by Phil when he was an endorsee and used by him, but I wouldn't have bought it if he scribbled all over it. :lol: