Post Rock

Sigur Rós is kinda cute, i enjoy them in small doses, but they certainly are more overrated than the bible itself.
GY!BE is a sweet band, but only the 1st album is 100% fantastic, the rest of their shit is cool too, but it's a bit messy and not very consistent.

just for the record, Simon Reynolds was the first one to use the term postrock in his review of Bark Psychosis - Hex (1994)

noone mentioned Tortoise, they are more experimental and mix jazz influences also.

kudos for mentioning God Is An Astronaut

Caspian - The Four Trees is a nice one

Mogwai's newest, entitled The Hawk Is Howling, should be out in autumn 2008

I'll have to read carefully this thread, 'cos I'd like to know more of this stuff.
I saw 65daysofstatic early this month, supporting The Cure and liked 'em a lot. Man, I didn't know they played that kind of music. Thought about a nu metal band or something like that. I've heard they're touring as headliners soon again and would like to catch 'em again.
I'm gonna see live even Explosions in the Sky in a couple of months, but unfortunately have heard only - so to say, for is such a beautiful record - 'The earth is not a cold dead place', that is dated 2003! So maybe when I'm at the show, I can get something more. I also like their covers artwork very much.
And tomorrow night I'm gonna see Editors. I think there is something post-rock even in their proposal.

well, speaking of bands like isis, check out some "callisto", for those who won't listen to a band because they're christian, stay away, for those who don't mind, definetly check it out.