Post the last film you watched and rate it out of 10!

on secret chiefs 3's live dvd there's also a stop motion film that some guy did with his fucking TOYS, zero budget sorta stuff, jerky as fuck animation.

but you know what? give me that over some overpriced, over CGI'd, artistically devoid piece of crap any day.
also id recommend that film to anyone. its called hurqulya. dunno if its available anywhere other than their live dvd though.

I'll admit I was pissed off when they said "unobtainium" too

To be honest when I heard it I thought I heard incorrectly and thought to myself, "damn if that's a real element then the biology/chemistry guys must be running out of ideas."

But to all those doubting to watch the film, I was like you. When my friend told me to go and watch it after I saw the trailer I was very, very sceptical, but I walked out baffled. Maybe because I'm quite a sap when it comes to movies and I love epic scenes even more. Depends what you're into. If you enjoy beautiful scenery, a nice, easily relatable piece of story-telling, grand scenes, and a few emotional bits thrown into the mix, then I would confidently say that you won't come out empty handed.

I wasn't expecting to hate the film, and even had a few drinks beforehand in hopes that it would make me a little less of an asshole about the whole thing. However, if you're anything like me (and who wouldn't want to be?) you'll be unimpressed by shiny bullshit, annoyed at the plot that hovers between 'How many people will pay that much to have their intelligence insulted for the better part of three hours?' and 'How can they not tell that we're just fucking with them?', and wishing you had watched a few episodes of Rocko's Modern Life instead.

Jeff

However, if you're anything like me (and who wouldn't want to be?) you'll be unimpressed by shiny bullshit, annoyed at the plot that hovers between 'How many people will pay that much to have their intelligence insulted for the better part of three hours?' and 'How can they not tell that we're just fucking with them?', and wishing you had watched a few episodes of Rocko's Modern Life instead.

Yes, yes; you are the epitome of the intellectual elite and people like me are the brainless masses who can't tell a turd from a masterpiece; I got the picture quite a few posts back, but please allow me to retain at least a shred of self-esteem...Whether its just satire, cockiness or a marvelous blend of both, I can't get what your angle is, which leaves me stumped when trying to reply without sounding like an asshole. I do my best to respect everyone and their opinions on this forum so I'm just going to say 'each to their own'. Unfortunately I too get surges of frustration where I feel somewhat superior to others in a sense ( for example the slam-dancing vs. moshing issue), but I try to bring myself down to earth by realizing that my unique impression of reality is just that; a single one. And it would be foolish of me to condemn others without at least unanimous justification; i.e. where there is no subjectivity to back one up with claims of relativism. With all due respect, regarding this film I find it an attempt to belittle when you label me and others who enjoy this film as people who can't see past the tip of their noses.

Back on topic:

Dog Day Afternoon - 9/10

What a fucking movie. Al Pacino...I have a new found respect for this man :worship:. I knew he was very good (Scarface was great), but this...this performance was superb.

I have to say, all the cast was great, even the extras were believable! Great film.

That was sarcasm. (Most things are - after getting an odd reputation as a cocky bastard through many people reading my posts in unflattering ways, the only way I can really handle that is through making an even more conceited caricature and having a laugh at its expense.) In any case, Rocko's Modern Life is still better than Avatar... so there. Thptptphphtpt.

Dog Day Afternoon was a great film. I picked it up in a grocery store bargain bin, of all places, knowing nothing about it - great film.

Jeff

Inglourious Basterds: 2/10

I don't get QT at all. That was one of the most boring movies I've watched in a long time. The funniest bit was when the JewHunter handed out 3 glasses of wine, when 2 of them were for guys in handcuffs. That was the FUNNIEST THING IN THE WHOLE MOVIE. And it was shit.

Inglourious Basterds: 2/10

I don't get QT at all. That was one of the most boring movies I've watched in a long time. The funniest bit was when the JewHunter handed out 3 glasses of wine, when 2 of them were for guys in handcuffs. That was the FUNNIEST THING IN THE WHOLE MOVIE. And it was shit.

Wut? Different strokes for different folks I'd say.

At least you still always have great looking girls for avatar. :heh:

it was the first 3D movie I saw, and I have to say that it did look great, but the 3D effect was really disturbing somtimes because you didn't know where to focus and as a non-glass user I thought the 3D glasses were really uncomfortable to wear, but you pretty much couldn't watch the movie without them. Then the main downside was that the moment Jake got into his avatar, I pretty much knew how the movie would end. Too predictable and a typical modern Cameron "CGI over plot" approach. But the movie did get me by surprise once during the whole movie; When the plant shrunk.

it was the first 3D movie I saw, and I have to say that it did look great, but the 3D effect was really disturbing somtimes because you didn't know where to focus and as a non-glass user I thought the 3D glasses were really uncomfortable to wear, but you pretty much couldn't watch the movie without them. Then the main downside was that the moment Jake got into his avatar, I pretty much knew how the movie would end. Too predictable and a typical modern Cameron "CGI over plot" approach. But the movie did get me by surprise once during the whole movie; When the plant shrunk.

I saw the polar express in 3d once, that was actually really good despite the insulting kid movie cheese.

also i still really need to see inglorious basterds. im a fairly big tarantino fan and i keep hearing how its his return to form but on the other side theres people who think its one of his worst. this means i have genuinely ZERO idea whether i think ill like it or not. gahh

9/10

Fuckin' masterpiece.. if you haven't seen it, you suck! ;)

Edit:
Also, i dont agree about the "cgi over plot".. and even if it was somewhat predictable, it kicked major ass.
Oh, and ive owned a 3D-screen for my computer and am currently playing most games in Stereoscopic, so im used to the 3d effect! ;)

just watched inglorious basterds on bluray, missed bits of it cos i watched it with my ladeh friend, but otherwise, pretty fucking awesome. i can understand why a lot of people dont like it. pretty painfully slow at points, but it had its hooks in me in minutes.

GORGEOUS looking film too, holy shit @ bluray!