Post the last film you watched and rate it out of 10!

I gotta be honest man, I just recently saw it again after not having seen it in like 10+ years, and I was mostly bored to tears and pissed off through a lot of it :lol: The utter absence of dialog, the ENDLESSLY dragged out sequences (the space ones near the beginning in particular, especially the fucking lunar landing sequence, my GOD, not to mention how agonizingly slow the pods would move and especially turn later in the movie), I dunno, I feel like a lot of its strength when it first came out was in its uniqueness - uniqueness in lack of overall dialog (something like the first 20 minutes and last 40 minutes of the movie has none); for the time, really impressive sfx, that held people's attention longer for the sheer eye candy factor (whereas my jaded eyes caused me to just shrug it off as "pretty good for its time" and got bored mighty quick :loco: ); and the whole psychedelic "Doors" music video end sequence with all the different filters and such, talk about dating it STRAIGHT to the 60s :lol:

Yeah, overall IMO, it had its strengths, but the above complaints plus the abstractness (let's not even start on the ending :rolleyes: ) just pisses me off too much ("open to interpretation" = utter cop-out birthed from inability to actually make an effective resolution IMO), so I gotta say 7/10

take drugs
proceed to have religious experience
stop thinking so hard and just bathe in it man

Haha, yeah, admittedly at the time I watched it, not only was I sober, but I had been out for like 2 weeks as I recall, so I was NOT in the mood :lol:

I gotta be honest man, I just recently saw it again after not having seen it in like 10+ years, and I was mostly bored to tears and pissed off through a lot of it :lol: The utter absence of dialog, the ENDLESSLY dragged out sequences (the space ones near the beginning in particular, especially the fucking lunar landing sequence, my GOD, not to mention how agonizingly slow the pods would move and especially turn later in the movie), I dunno, I feel like a lot of its strength when it first came out was in its uniqueness - uniqueness in lack of overall dialog (something like the first 20 minutes and last 40 minutes of the movie has none); for the time, really impressive sfx, that held people's attention longer for the sheer eye candy factor (whereas my jaded eyes caused me to just shrug it off as "pretty good for its time" and got bored mighty quick :loco: ); and the whole psychedelic "Doors" music video end sequence with all the different filters and such, talk about dating it STRAIGHT to the 60s :lol:

Yeah, overall IMO, it had its strengths, but the above complaints plus the abstractness (let's not even start on the ending :rolleyes: ) just pisses me off too much ("open to interpretation" = utter cop-out birthed from inability to actually make an effective resolution IMO), so I gotta say 7/10

That's the thing - I think this movie is more of an experience than anything - definitely not for some, but I think the imagery along with story line make up for the lack of actual dialog.

Ever see 2010, though? Amazing how different it is from 2001, even though it's a direct sequel; they got all the details of the story and set design really really accurate for it (considering it came out in the early 80s), but there's tons of dialog, and tons of explanation for all the unexplained gobbledygook of the first, which prompted Roger Ebert to call it something to the effect of "incredibly 80s", but hell, I like it that way :D If you have Netflix, you can watch it instantly (AKA stream it, I've been doing it on my PS3 recently, it's fucking awesome :headbang: )

This movie is good too - I like how they made it more of a "sci-fi" movie versus a "journey" like 2001 was, if that makes any sense.

The only part of that movie I hate is when the nerdy computer dude starts crying because HAL was going to die. That was gay. :lol:

take drugs
proceed to have religious experience
stop thinking so hard and just bathe in it man

Eggggggzactly. ;)

Ever see 2010, though? Amazing how different it is from 2001, even though it's a direct sequel; they got all the details of the story and set design really really accurate for it (considering it came out in the early 80s), but there's tons of dialog, and tons of explanation for all the unexplained gobbledygook of the first, which prompted Roger Ebert to call it something to the effect of "incredibly 80s", but hell, I like it that way :D If you have Netflix, you can watch it instantly (AKA stream it, I've been doing it on my PS3 recently, it's fucking awesome :headbang: )

Just watched that the other night. Good movie! Plus, it had John Lithgow, who's just plain awesome.

Interestingly enough, Arthur C. Clarke came up with the idea for 2010 when Voyager did it's Jupiter flyby in 1979 and found the faint ring, Europa's chance at supporting life, Io's volcanoes & all kinds of shit just too weird to be fiction. I was in forth grade when that happened.

Lawrence of Arabia, 9/10.

1 point off because it ends too quick.

AND IF ANYBODY SAYS IT DRAGS TOO MUCH, RESPECTFULLY FUCK YOU, MOVIES ARE JUST NOT WHAT THEY USED TO BE, GO BACK TO YOUR 2012 AND I WILL ENJOY BEN-HUR, LAWRENCE OF ARABIA and 2001 : A SPACE ODYSSEY. <3

However most people seem to have good taste here, but still, I dunno. I feel quite irritable this night/morning. As they say though, different strokes for different folks. :loco:

Ever see 2010, though? Amazing how different it is from 2001, even though it's a direct sequel; they got all the details of the story and set design really really accurate for it (considering it came out in the early 80s), but there's tons of dialog, and tons of explanation for all )

Totally agree.
2001 sucks, but 2010 is a good movie.

Law Abiding Citizen - 7/10 - Lost the three points with that ending... what the fuck!?

Paranormal Activity - 8/10 - Was ok in most parts, couple of boring scenes but overall i liked the concept... need to see the alternate endings though... we got the boring ending...

For Gods' sake Gareth! Everything you do is under the influencce of drugs? :lol:
Do you really like Sunno)) and 2001? Or is it just drugs what you really like?

i like drugs
and i like sunn and 2001
combined they are even better, you see? :D

2012 8/10 stupid story but great effects

Halloween 2 1/10 and the one point is only for the nice pictures but this movie was a big piece of shit!!!!

Pelham 123 7/10 nice thriller but the ending wasnt that great

DIE HARD 4 RECUT(!!!) 11/10 damn what a great movie and now WITH BLOOD and MOTHERFUCKERS :)

Pandorium 7/10 Event horizon was better but I love sifi horror!!!!

2012 8/10 stupid story but great effects

Halloween 2 1/10 and the one point is only for the nice pictures but this movie was a big piece of shit!!!!

You praise one movie for having no story and pretty pictures and slag another one off for being nothing more than pretty pictures?

WAT

Lawrence of Arabia, 9/10.

1 point off because it ends too quick.

AND IF ANYBODY SAYS IT DRAGS TOO MUCH, RESPECTFULLY FUCK YOU, MOVIES ARE JUST NOT WHAT THEY USED TO BE, GO BACK TO YOUR 2012 AND I WILL ENJOY BEN-HUR, LAWRENCE OF ARABIA and 2001 : A SPACE ODYSSEY. <3

However most people seem to have good taste here, but still, I dunno. I feel quite irritable this night/morning. As they say though, different strokes for different folks. :loco:

Ben Hur is great
L of A is great
2001 likes penises :D

FUCK, seriously? I already have the pussy theatrical version on Blu Ray, I don't want to have to buy it again :cry:

What's your opinion of the theatrical version? If you think it's not up to par with the other ones, you won't appreciate the "uncut" version anymore. Uncut Die Hard 4 is still like a mega cut, pussified version of the others haha.

Haha, I know you're not crazy about LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD :)D), but I loved the theatrical version personally! (and I have been a maniac for the series since you were in grammar school :D)

i didnt go to grammar school im too working class for that shit
DIE HARD 4.0 (*SNEER*) was a bad 90's hacker movie made 10 years too late.