Post the last film you watched and rate it out of 10!

Dante's Inferno - 3/10. What a shitty animation!lol It´s the story from the game but the screenwriting it´s really, really weak.

NINJA...a bad ninja film...yeah, once again:rolleyes:
a few nice scenes but that's it. 3/10

HAHA yeah the Scott Adkins movie?

I love the part when Adkins throws something at some guys feet when he is running away , and the guy trips and falls like a full 2 seconds before it hits him , it's great.

That guy is an amazing martial artist but he can't act for shit , and he is the best actor in the movie. No wonder they sewed his mouth shut for his Wolverine scenes as Deadpool

Inglorious Basterds - 5/10

The screenplay really seemed like it was a great screenplay to begin with, and then random portions were handed to Quentin T. to re-write and direct. At times I felt like I was in a foreign drama about struggles of the French underfoot of Hitler's regime. Other times I felt like I was in a Euro version of Desperados. I would have liked it more if it was in one camp alone.

Daybreakers. 3/10. How can a vampire film with such potential fail so miserably? And fyi loud sounds and objects flashing past the screen do not add to the horror/thriller genre in any way.

HAHA yeah the Scott Adkins movie?

I love the part when Adkins throws something at some guys feet when he is running away , and the guy trips and falls like a full 2 seconds before it hits him , it's great.

That guy is an amazing martial artist but he can't act for shit , and he is the best actor in the movie. No wonder they sewed his mouth shut for his Wolverine scenes as Deadpool

HAHA, yeah exactly that one!:lol:
basically i wanted to see "ninja assasin" i saw the trailer some time ago and thought it may be really good. yesterday i got "ninja - fists of fury" and thougt that it was "ninja assasin"...wrong...WRONG!:lol:

cheers
S.

The Hurt Locker - 9/10, pretty much exactly what I expected (well, actually I expected more bomb defusing, but oh well :D), though there was one scene I was kinda dubious about (maybe some military folks can clear it up for me): in the sniper showdown, how was it that the insurgent was able to drop 3 soldiers with precision shots at something like 800 meters (IIRC, they mentioned it in the movie), yet the soldiers (first the Brit, then Sanborn AKA the black guy :lol: ) had such a bitch of a time hitting their targets? Especially since the insurgent had what looked like a Dragunov (probably not in the best shape) firing from a standing position out a window (though I guess he was bracing on the windowsill, but still), and the soldiers were lying prone with a freakin' M82, not to mention probably a whole lot more training? Didn't quite add up to me, but certainly not a major issue, great movie otherwise!

IMHO if you're looking for a realistic portrayal, 'The Hurt Locker' is the wrong place to start altogether. Just ask our own Wolfeman... ;)

I saw 'THL' in a pre-screening sneak peek and didn't like it that much. The whole theatre was noticeably underwhelmed. Have seen worse though.

Well as I recall all he said was that these types of movies bug him cuz they imply everyone in Iraq gets massive PTSD and such; otherwise I'm pretty certain they got the details right, since the writer spent an extended period of time with an EOD team in Iraq ;)

Hurt Locker was one of the best movies I've ever seen, regardless of how true to life it may or may not be. It tells a powerful story , and that is what counts.

I'm sure Top Gun is not even close to mirroring the real Air Force , but the movie is a classic.

Well as I recall all he said was that these types of movies bug him cuz they imply everyone in Iraq gets massive PTSD and such; otherwise I'm pretty certain they got the details right, since the writer spent an extended period of time with an EOD team in Iraq ;)

As far as the "details" go, yeah the movie was on the ball. Details including uniform authenticity, realistic situational circumstances, command lingo, etc. Every soldier getting PTSD after 6 months in the litter box and people going AWOL like crazy....not so much.

I really enjoyed the movie, although I really dislike the story model a lot of war films are going. (Saving Private Ryan, Hurt Locker, The Marine, Leathernecks, etc.)

BUT HEY - You can't beat the Hurt Locker for opening scenes. Amazing in every respect.

HAHA, yeah exactly that one!:lol:
basically i wanted to see "ninja assasin" i saw the trailer some time ago and thought it may be really good. yesterday i got "ninja - fists of fury" and thougt that it was "ninja assasin"...wrong...WRONG!:lol:

cheers
S.

Haha same here , my GF saw Ninja and thought it was Ninja Assassin , most redundant title ever BTW...

Every soldier getting PTSD after 6 months in the litter box and people going AWOL like crazy....not so much.

This is part of the reason why I didn't like it that much.

I couldn't care less if one of the guys drew a light saber all of the sudden, but the vastly overdrawn character portrayal rubs me wrong.

IMHO it doesn't gel, the more or less realistic setting and very immersive cinematography on one side and that cliché ridden, almost comic book like, main character on the other side.

Of course he had to re-enlist at the end, what a surprise... :rolleyes:

I don't know if I've become too picky, but IMHO this was a very mediocre movie.

:shruggy:

Every soldier getting PTSD after 6 months in the litter box and people going AWOL like crazy....not so much.

Every soldier? I remember...1 (Eldridge, and I guess Sanborn, but you tell me how you'd feel if you'd been in his shoes in that final scene) My Mom is currently reading "On Killing" by Lt. Colonel Dave Grossman, which basically covers the psychological toll killing takes on a person; obviously those who never leave a base or see much action are less likely to experience PTSD, but I don't think the movie in any way said anything to the contrary; however, after the kind of stuff they went through, fuck...if you survive, I can definitely imagine that rush would make it pretty hard to adjust to living in normal society.

And how was James cliche-ridden? (referring to David) If you survive in a job like that, you're definitely gonna be one seriously hard bastard

Being "tough" or "hard" doesn't equal being cocky and opposing. That character of the 'disobedient tough guy who actually ain't so tough at all' was just way overdrawn IMO. And it has become such a boring stable in both war and anti-war movies.

Sorry, but I'd rather watch "First Blood" again. ;)

The movie basically lost me in the first scene with "James", when he goes rampant, not following orders etc.

I immediately thought "oh no, not THAT movie again". A guy in the military (re)acting in such a way strikes me as such phoney bullshit. People don't do these kind of things and if they do, they do it usually only once because their either dead or expelled from the battlefield afterwards (jail/sanctions for disobedience etc.).

That way I just couldn't make a connection to the main character which ultimately led to my disliking of the movie.

I might go back to my "First Blood" reference. Okay, completely different setting and characters, but the way 'John Rambo' is presented in the beginning (low key) and the turn of events that gradually take him to the threshold of "snapping" were way more convincing to me, even though "First Blood" arguably turns into a much more abstract and unlikely scenario in the end.

The real battle will be if Kathryn Bigelow wins for Best Director, she can laugh at her ex-husband James Cameron for losing.

oh, and Sherlock Holmes 7/10

Not to bad really. Wouldn't watch it again. Don't really know why Hans Zimmer score was nominated for an Oscar, being as the only parts of the score I remember hearing was the theme of sorts and that solo violin during the explosion.