Post the last film you watched and rate it out of 10!

DREDD - 5/10
I'm not one of the comic book dudes so I'm going into this with my only Dredd knowledge being mostly from the Sega Genesis game based off the 90's Stallone movie.
This was an alright action flick. My primary gripe is that the movie shows you a glimpse of Mega City and then spends the rest of the time in one location. I want to explore Mega City plz.

Got to finally see Antarctica (Nankyoku Monogatari) couple of weeks ago - 9/10. Would have been 10/10 if not for the very poor quality of the transfer. If you are a dog person (or animals in general), this is a must see! But with a caveat that it's very, very hard to watch. And the music............ :eek:

Okuribito (Departures) - 9/10 another very good movie with an unusual setup. Maybe a tad sentimental, but the ending still got me.

Dredd - 7/10. Lost my focus and concentration on it before final third of the movie. Karl Urban seemed like an odd choice at first, but he pulled through and the helmet stayed on!

Thought it was about time to attempt to revive the thread. So, movies I've seen recently...

The prisoners 7.5/10. Very well made in most aspects, although the story wasn't that original, and there was a plot point that really annoyed me. I expected something better based on reviews.

Gravity 9.5/10. I strongly recommend to watch this in 3D. Really impressive from a technical perspective. A lot of people complain on the lack of plot but I think it succeeds 100% on what it sets out to achieve, which is to create a 90min. immersive tension filled experience. Had me on the edge of my seat during most of the movie. Really cool soundtrack too.

Also, on a completely different note, I get the word "immersive" underlined by spell check... is it not a valid word?

Prisoners: 9/10 - awesome overall, I really have nothing to complain about

Gravity: 4/10 - ruined by horrible, horrible acting (and I usually like both Clooney and Bullock) - even the great (3D) CG couldn't save this. The tension that Keregioz is referring to never developed cause I actually wanted Bullock to die so badly due to her lameness.

Machete Kills: 3/10 - like the first Machete, just a lot more boring.

2 Guns: 7/10 - good, typical Washington/Wahlberg action

How I Live Now: 8/10 - I love Saoirse Ronan!

Byzantium: 9/10 - the only vampire movie I ever liked (did I mention that I love Saoirse Ronan?)

A Single Shot: 7/10

Jobs: 5/10 - nothing wrong with it, really ... I just couldn't empathize or dislike the main character.

Full Metal Jacket 9/10

If only for the first 45 minutes, holy dogshit Gunnery Sgt Hartman is my new favourite movie character of all time.

I'LL GIVE YOU THREE FUCKING SECONDS TO WIPE THAT STUPID LOOKIN' GRIN OFF YOUR FACE, OR I WILL GOUGE OUT YOUR EYEBALLS AND SKULL FUCK YOU.

You only just saw this now? :D This must be the most sampled movie in the history of cinema. I even own a shirt that says "Stop Sampling Full Metal Jacket" cause the Hartman-quotes are everywhere.

The Conjuring 9/10

So freakin scary haha. Im usually not scared at all but maybe i was in the right mood, and seeing it in the cinemas made it so much better. Got the chills amd got gosebumps for real. Never happened before watching a movie haha. See it!!!

Also, on a completely different note, I get the word "immersive" underlined by spell check... is it not a valid word?

It is valid, never mind that dumb spell checker ;)

I thought the conjuring was REALLY lame, especially after all the hype..
Maybe because I saw Sinister before, which is basically the same movie, only better.