Primordial - To the Nameless Dead [official thread, wit

To be honest, from the beginning all I felt he was trying to say was that the new album is great, but doesn't really go outside the boundaries of what has already made them great. Hence, it's not a release for him that stands out in a "2007 produced one of the great albums of all time" kind of way. Nor do any other albums that were released last year.

I think he's saying that if you don't like certain parts of this album and don't think it's essential, then you're just looking for attention. Now that he has pointed this out, I realize the obvious truth behind what he said. I only don't like certain parts of To The Nameless Dead and I don't think that it's essential because I just want people to note my opinion and to see that I don't conform to the norms.

edit: <smiley face>

attention whore.

At no one in particular....

Seriously though, whatever happened to simply not liking something because, well, you don't like it? Or it didn't meet expectations?

It seems now, if you disagree, you're doing so simply to be different or seem "cool".

That mode of thinking is so GMD. This forum is better than that.

Or maybe I'm talking out my ass. I guess that's what happens when I try to wipe whilst sitting.

Seriously though, whatever happened to simply not liking something because, well, you don't like it? Or it didn't meet expectations?

Hmm... I don't think any fourm regular would debate that perfectly legitimate point of view. You've expressed on numerous occasions how the album just hasn't clicked for you and it's been assimilated into the discussion without incident as far as I know.

Ali gets like this over matters of taste/opinion sometimes.

Search the annals of RC ages past and you will find me bickering with him over it before I decided to make love, not war.

Now we make love regularly and its wonderful!

I get like what?

Look, I like the new Primordial. It's my fave album of 2007. Though I will say that if their next release was to end up sounding like TGW part 3, then I'd probably start to hope for something....different. I'd rather them not stagnate.

I'd be perfectly ok with Primordial taking a 2 year break if it meant Alan working with KK Warslut on something.

*SHRUGS*

Couple posts up there reminded me of former disagreements we had, but they're so far in the past and clouded in the haze of marijuana smoke that I cannot recall the specifics.

Ali's right, 2007 sucked. And I have pie charts to prove it. PIE CHARTS!!!

If you don't come with pie charts, your opinion is worthless.

play_pies.gif

Summary: in 2006, 24% of the music I listened to was from the current year. In 2007, only 9% was from the current year.

Oh shit, now you're going to have to make a NEW official thread for this album :erk:

Neil

I made a comment and you respond with some smart ass reply as if the pot is calling the kettle black. ie. Every comment I make is illogical. Don't play coy.

Did you wake up on the wrong side of bed today? I just found it ironic that you would be so critical over my posts, one that wasn't even aimed at you. It's not like I spend hours a day deleting all your spam threads now is it? At most I merge them and even then it's once in a blue moon.

Jeez Louise!

Couple posts up there reminded me of former disagreements we had, but they're so far in the past and clouded in the haze of marijuana smoke that I cannot recall the specifics.

I swear, I cannot even remember anything like that. If there was, it probably went unnoticed on my end.

Ali's right, 2007 sucked. And I have pie charts to prove it. PIE CHARTS!!!

If you don't come with pie charts, your opinion is worthless.

play_pies.gif

Summary: in 2006, 24% of the music I listened to was from the current year. In 2007, only 9% was from the current year.

Oh shit, now you're going to have to make a NEW official thread for this album :erk:

Neil

Well, going from that, what was your top 10 for 2006 then?

I get like what?

Look, I like the new Primordial. It's my fave album of 2007. Though I will say that if their next release was to end up sounding like TGW part 3, then I'd probably start to hope for something....different. I'd rather them not stagnate.

I'd be perfectly ok with Primordial taking a 2 year break if it meant Alan working with KK Warslut on something.

*SHRUGS*

We're talking about your "attention-seeking talking point" comment/post. It would be helpful if you could clarify what you meant by that, otherwise I'm going to continue to feel bad about myself and my ability to digest music. If not, then whatever.