Primordial - To the Nameless Dead [official thread, wit

So The Nameless Dead rules...

Anyone else go into a huge Primordial kick after listening to it?

I've been giving this album a considerable amount of playing time, and I can't help but feel that I'm not getting out of it what most others are. In fact I think that Failures Burden is unquestionably the weakest track on the album, and I think that it contains some rather cringeworthy vocal lines. My favorite tracks thus far are Heathen Tribes and No Nation On This Earth. I'm hoping that a familiarity with Primordial's past works will help shine new light on this album and the way that their musical path has led toward it, because I can't help but feel underwhelmed due to my initial expectations, and I honestly don't see what's the big shit about Nemtheanga. He has some fantastic vocal lines, but others are awkward.

I've been giving this album a considerable amount of playing time, and I can't help but feel that I'm not getting out of it what most others are.

this.

add the gathering wilderness as well

nemthy needs to go back to using black metal vocals instead of that aggressive throaty voice on the last two

this.

add the gathering wilderness as well

nemthy needs to go back to using black metal vocals instead of that aggressive throaty voice on the last two

That was my only gripe with this new one. I want regular clean vocals and regular grim vocals not this damn raspy shit he's doing now.

Just sounds like a lot of whinging over nothing really, so if you focus on the positives and not just need an attention-seeking talking point, it's an essential album.

That said, 2007 did not produce a landmark release. The Terrorizer top 40 list was horrendous. If the DsO was the best album of the year then 2007 was fucked. Compare your best album of 2007 to previous years and behold the void.

Why do you need a ground breaking album to consider 2007 a worthy year for metal?

Shit for all you know that 2007 release is still out there waiting to be discovered.

Why do you need a ground breaking album to consider 2007 a worthy year for metal?

Shit for all you know that 2007 release is still out there waiting to be discovered.

That's true. I can't write it off just yet obviously.

Though 2007 consisted of several 'above average' to 'very good' releases and so they automatically just get bumped up the list.

The new Primordial and Darkestrah were probably my two favorite albums of the year, but when I put it into perspective, previous years were filled to the brim with albums of that quality. Had those two albums been released in previous years, they would have probably taken my #9 and #10 spot.