Protools 12 + Protools First "Free"

For me Pro Tools First looks like previous LE versions revised. Added in-app purchases for plugins.
I don't like Pro Tools workflow and stuff. Only thing that I want from Pro Tools is Sansamp PSA1 sim, which seems will be in Pro Tools First (possible as in-app purchase tho).

I am looking forward the Cloud Collaboration. Working in the same session with another guy at the same time would be hughe for me.

I am looking forward the Cloud Collaboration. Working in the same session with another guy at the same time would be hughe for me.

Reason why I'm intereste in Bitwig Studio (you can collab through internet and at the same time on same project), apart that it's working on all 3 major operating systems (Win, linux, Mac).

It's not the "first". There was pro tools free version back in 90's which worked on windows 98 only.

Dropbox ? Or are they talking about something "live" ? Because that's pretty much what I am doing right now with a friend. We have a shared folder over dropbox, with the session files dropped there. Works perfectly

Now I mean live. You have a Video-chat running in PT and you can track the inputs of your partner while both are seeing the same session.

Cubase has this feature since Cubase 6 (or 7?)... mindblowing apple-like advertisement. http://www.steinberg.net/fi/products/vst/vst_connect/start.html
There is no need for a cloud based tool if you only need one host and several clients (live) or a little dropbox.

Bought Pro Tools some months ago and i am really unhappy with it. Now i really appreciate working on a new Cubase session.
Won't upgrade my Pro Tools 11, but PT free will be on my laptop.

They're really bringing out the handcuffs this year for PT users. If you don't pay for subscription services this year, you can *never* upgrade your existing software, meaning you'd pay full price next year if you decide to hold off on upgrading. Support for 11 ends at the end of this year.

From the FAQ:

Avid said:
New Pro Tools software purchases come with a one-year annual upgrade and
support plan. After one year, you have the option of renewing your plan to
continue receiving the latest features. If you choose not to renew, you
can continue using your software indefinitely at the latest version you
have, but will not be able to upgrade it at a later time.

"I have Pro Tools | HD 11, but am not yet on an upgrade and support plan.
Why should I upgrade to Pro Tools 12?"

"...This upgrade also includes an annual upgrade and support plan, so
you'll also receive all future updates, upgrades, and priority support for
one full year, renewable annually. You have until December 31, 2015 to get
on a plan to upgrade your perpetual license and stay current for the next
12 months; otherwise, you will no longer be able to upgrade your software.
And if you want to get early access to Avid Cloud Collaboration for Pro
Tools, you will need to upgrade to Pro Tools 12."

Here are the limitations :

- can't import/export sessions, only files
- can't export MP3
- can't use plugins other than avid store purchased

At least vanilla.