QUESTION FOR MR. V ABOUT NEW CD

@Qu: you're totally right. Benny is supposed to play drums on the new album. In fact, he was intented for playing on Solens, but there was no time for it, if I remember well.

Oh yeah - that's right. I forgot.

Instead, we have Mr. V's legion of robots drumming instead. (I also know it's computers and drum machines, but 'legion of robots' just sounds more magnificent. Andreas and his Legion of Robots. Of Doom.)

Oh yeah - that's right. I forgot.

Instead, we have Mr. V's legion of robots drumming instead. (I also know it's computers and drum machines, but 'legion of robots' just sounds more magnificent. Andreas and his Legion of Robots. Of Doom.)

:lol:
Some people dont like drum machine on Vintersorg's albums, I dont see te problem,I know a lot people who don't like The Focusing Blur, especially the drums,"The drums in this album sounds too artificial", Every time i listen i cant agree with those comments, artificial or human-played, its good anyway:kickass: but again, fretless bass!! fretless bass!!:kickass::lol:

Asgeir's drums sound artificial? no way!

Vintersorg has always sounded very organic to me, even on Visions and TFB where the production is as crystalline as it gets. The programmed drums on Solens sound incredibly realistic, as the style itself.

About the fretless bassists, SDG, Tyr or Lars Norberg would be my choices for a future Vintersorg album.

Vintersorg has always sounded very organic to me, even on Visions and TFB where the production is as crystalline as it gets. The programmed drums on Solens sound incredibly realistic, as the style itself.

About the fretless bassists, SDG, Tyr or Lars Norberg would be my choices for a future Vintersorg album.

yes i think the same...its very organic, but some people dont like, i think they prefer swedish lyrics even if they dont know a shit about swedish:lol:
About the bassists, yeah i think the same, i would like a lot if Andreas call SDG again but i think its pretty hard to happen:cry: I think Tyr would be the best shot, i dont know if andreas and tyr are close but it would be great if that happens:cool:

Sigurðr;9112518 said:
yes i think the same...its very organic, but some people dont like, i think they prefer swedish lyrics even if they dont know a shit about swedish:lol:
About the bassists, yeah i think the same, i would like a lot if Andreas call SDG again but i think its pretty hard to happen:cry: I think Tyr would be the best shot, i dont know if andreas and tyr are close but it would be great if that happens:cool:

I prefer swedish lyrics too.

I think SDG would do it if Andreas ask him for it. Just one thought of Steve

The "greatest hit" to my ears, and the one that was probably my most funnest song to learn, play, and still to this day to listen back to...
Sharpen Your Mind Tools from Vintersorg's Focusing Blur.
Give it another listen, and maybe you'll know why it fills all three catagories for me.
SDG

Tyr already played with Vintersorg live and I don't see any reason for him to not record something with the band, so it's just up to Andreas.

About the new album, if Benny's style is like Solens or even more intrincate, I'll be satisfied.

Hmmm, nice to see this comment from SDG, I hope Mr.V is considering call SDG:p Yeah Swedish lyrics is better, but english lyrics is also good, I dont think the lyrics are a factor to dislike or like the albums, for me the lyrics in swedish fix better with agressivity, its like german or russian, i dont know a word of those two languages but i like russian bands and german bands:kickass: I have one OT question, what the definition of NECRO? i see a lot of comments with that word, especially in black metal genres but i dont know wtf is that:loco: someone could explain to me?:p

Sigurðr;9112860 said:
Necro may refer to: necro-, the Greek prefix meaning death · Necro (rapper)

didnt help a lot:mad: I started to had this doubt when i saw it in some reviews and in some metal store site when they answer yes for the question "are we necro?" so i dont think they are black magic wanderers summoning skeletons and blood golems

I've always interpreted being "necro" as being extremely "true".

"My band is totally necro. We burn churches and fuck corpses, and that's what we call a normal Tuesday"

Sigurðr;9112518 said:
I think Tyr would be the best shot, i dont know if andreas and tyr are close but it would be great if that happens:cool:

Whenever I read 'Tyr', I think of 'Týr' (from the Faroe Islands), and my head gets all discombobulated. But in a good way.

Because Mr. V collaborating with Týr?! Be still my beating heart!

I've always interpreted being "necro" as being extremely "true".

"My band is totally necro. We burn churches and fuck corpses, and that's what we call a normal Tuesday"

:lol: thks for the explanation, i think in Norway there is a lot of 'necro' burning things.

Whenever I read 'Tyr', I think of 'Týr' (from the Faroe Islands), and my head gets all discombobulated. But in a good way.

Because Mr. V collaborating with Týr?! Be still my beating heart!

:lol: I think you are a huuuuuuge Týr fan isnt?:p I like Týr very much, especially the bass, Ragnarok is a great álbum:kickass: but the older albums like the first its kinda weird , i dont know...i think im ot again, sorry :loco:

Necro is used also for some production values in metal, like the latter 80'-early 90' Scott Burns prod and a good share of early 90's black metal stuff.

I prefer swedish lyrics on Vintersorg cause Mr V voice sounds specially 'folky' on his native language.

I wonder if Johan Lindgren will do the bass on the new album too. He was pretty audible on Solens, also he did a nice bass solo on Döpt I En Jökelsjö.

Sigurðr;9113105 said:
:lol: I think you are a huuuuuuge Týr fan isnt?:p I like Týr very much, especially the bass, Ragnarok is a great álbum:kickass: but the older albums like the first its kinda weird , i dont know...i think im ot again, sorry :loco:

Yup. Big fan, and I like their work. They've been in my playlist, and they just came to town a few months ago. So, depending on the context, when I hear the name, I either think of the Faroese band or the Norse God. The Borky bassist doesn't come up that often.

I strongly agree with all of this.