questions about the fest?????

Would the Fest ever consider having a guest MC?

Will the promoters each year try to get at least one band to reform? I think that's a great strategy!

As far as concerns? Please don't stray off course and book bands JUST for the reasons of selling more tix. While I understand the financial reasons, do you want people there who care about the Fest and it's longevity or just people there to see one band? Stay true to the formula and yourselves! Be realistic about the turnouts for this festival. Rome wasn't built in a day. Each Fest you will continue to build a legion of true festival FANS who will repeatedly support the Fest.

there is already hints of a band reforming for next year.

a guest MC was talked about but still not sure.

as far as staying off course....wont happen. But having a thrash or death metal isnt really straying off course as having a band that doesnt have ties to classic metal.

I guess that's a matter of opinion. Maybe a classic US thrash band.
No two people will ever agree anyhow.

Death metal to me would certainly be straying too far off course.
There is more than enough death metal tours in the US.
Well, that's my opinion anyhow.

I guess that's a matter of opinion. Maybe a classic US thrash band.
No two people will ever agree anyhow.

Death metal to me would certainly be straying too far off course.
There is more than enough death metal tours in the US.
Well, that's my opinion anyhow.

It depends on what type of death metal. If it's more old school type of death metal, like an Atheist just for example I think it would work. More recent death metal? Definitely would be straying too far.

lots of the current stuff like Bones / Scythe / Nunslaughter and bands like that still have the classic metal stylings. They would fit.

Says who? Not trying to be a dick here, but what are you basing this on?
The fact that these bands are in the Red Line Tap scene?

Serious question, BTW......

I guess I see these as more of a clean vocals festival.

Maybe the bands you mentioned are more in the "underground" and that's why they fit, and if they are as much influenced by classic metal, then that too.

None of those bands are realy a part of the Red Line Tap scene asides Bones. All 3 are heavily influenced by classic metal. Sure they are on the harder side but they are not your typical death metal acts where it is just cookie monster vocals style death metal.

None of those bands are realy a part of the Red Line Tap scene asides Bones. All 3 are heavily influenced by classic metal. Sure they are on the harder side but they are not your typical death metal acts where it is just cookie monster vocals style death metal.

Well, that makes sense.
I wasn't referring to the Red Line Tap scene as a bad thing per se.
Though if they were, I guess it would help with marketing.

What of my post did you edit, mr Moderator? :fu:

Couple questions.
Is there in/out for the venue?
Is there any food served inside Mojo's or within walking distance?
I assume this is the case, but I need to make sure I don't lost my ticket on Friday because I need the same ticket to get back in on Saturday, right?

Couple questions.
Is there in/out for the venue?
Is there any food served inside Mojo's or within walking distance?
I assume this is the case, but I need to make sure I don't lost my ticket on Friday because I need the same ticket to get back in on Saturday, right?

Re-entry will be allowed. We are going to make sure of this. People have to be able to step outside for a smoke and come back in.

I don't think Mojoes serves food. But I was able to find some places nearby that do:
The url didn't work. Just paste this into Google maps:
food loc: 22 West Cass Street, Joliet, IL 60432 (Mojoes)

We will have wrist bands for the people with two-day passes. Just make sure you're still wearing it and you'll be able to get back in.

There are in-and-outs at MoJoes.

As far as food, there was one greasy spoon down the street with burgers, hot dogs, ribs, etc.

There is also a martini bar across the street.

What time does the show start on Friday???

I was really, really looking forward to this fest but unfortunately, there's a big work conference May 21-25 (meaning no MDF either....) and the chance of me being able to go is rather slim. Still a chance though. Any info helps.

Also, what's the best way to get to Joliet from MDW? Rental cars? Or is there public transportation available?