QUESTIONS FOR *Matt*

Hi Matt,
at first we have to say thank you so much for comming back. We missed your voice! We are really excited for the new stuff. Cannot wait anymore!!!!:loco:

Our questions are:
What induced you to became a police officer? Do you still think, that you decision was right? Did your friends and family agreed with your decision (`cos they knew about your fantastic voice and your success)?
Why have you turned back to the metal scene?

Hope you can answer those questions. There were only rumours the last whole years and now we hope you can give us the real answer by your own.

Thank you so much!

We admire the way you have gone and we wish you all the best for your future!

You Rock! :headbang:

Kati and Rico

Can you imagine getting Matthew Barlows hair as an implant??!?! Before you realise it, you're on stage, pumping your fist at the sky and theres demons flying aboot the place!

Hey Matt! The day I found out about you coming back to Metal AND joining Pyramaze, was one of the happiest days of my life! :OMG: <--- Literally, that was me when I first heard!

First of all, congrats on all of your success!

Now, my only question so far is...

How will fronting Pyramaze interfere with your job? A friend of mine who's also a cop, takes up all of his time and is on call 24/7.

Ok, so I lied hehe... here's another one...

If it doesn't infect your job, how often will you be able to tour with the band? Juggling 3 jobs must be difficult. (3 jobs meaning the band, police and your family).

Thank you for your time! Stay safe and healthy!

One more question, I promise! I had heard this a long time ago but never knew if it was a rumor or if it was the truth. I heard that you and Jon were brother in laws? Like you married his sister or something.... Is that true?

One more question, I promise! I had heard this a long time ago but never knew if it was a rumor or if it was the truth. I heard that you and Jon were brother in laws? Like you married his sister or something.... Is that true?
MOSTLY TRUE. MY WIFE IS JON'S STEP-SISTER.

Hey Matt! The day I found out about you coming back to Metal AND joining Pyramaze, was one of the happiest days of my life! :OMG: <--- Literally, that was me when I first heard!

First of all, congrats on all of your success!

Now, my only question so far is...

How will fronting Pyramaze interfere with your job? A friend of mine who's also a cop, takes up all of his time and is on call 24/7.

Ok, so I lied hehe... here's another one...

If it doesn't infect your job, how often will you be able to tour with the band? Juggling 3 jobs must be difficult. (3 jobs meaning the band, police and your family).

Thank you for your time! Stay safe and healthy!
I AM NOT ON CALL. I ACTUALLY HAVE A PRETTY COOL SCHEDULE THAT WILL WORK WELL WITH THE BAND. THERE ARE NOT GOING TO BE ANY LENGTHLY TOURS SCHEDULED, MOSTLY FESTIVAL DATES OR ONE OFFS. AS FAR AS THE RECORDING IT CAN BE DONE ALMOST ANYWHERE AT ANYTIME.

I AM NOT ON CALL. I ACTUALLY HAVE A PRETTY COOL SCHEDULE THAT WILL WORK WELL WITH THE BAND. THERE ARE NOT GOING TO BE ANY LENGTHLY TOURS SCHEDULED, MOSTLY FESTIVAL DATES OR ONE OFFS. AS FAR AS THE RECORDING IT CAN BE DONE ALMOST ANYWHERE AT ANYTIME.

That's cool! I'm so happy that things are looking up for you! Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions :)

Hi Matt,
at first we have to say thank you so much for comming back. We missed your voice! We are really excited for the new stuff. Cannot wait anymore!!!!:loco:

Our questions are:
What induced you to became a police officer? Do you still think, that you decision was right? Did your friends and family agreed with your decision (`cos they knew about your fantastic voice and your success)?
Why have you turned back to the metal scene?

Hope you can answer those questions. There were only rumours the last whole years and now we hope you can give us the real answer by your own.

Thank you so much!

We admire the way you have gone and we wish you all the best for your future!

You Rock! :headbang:

Kati and Rico
THE SUPPORT OF MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY IS OBVIOUSLY A VERY IMPORTANT PART OF WHO I AM. THEY SUPPORTED MY DECISION TO BECOME A POLICE OFFICER AND MY DECISION TO GET BACK INTO METAL! I DECIDED TO BECOME A POLICE OFFICER BECAUSE I FEEL IT TO BE A NOBLE PROFESSION, AND IT WILL ALLOW ME TO SUPPORT MY FAMILY AND PREPARE FOR THE FUTURE. BECAUSE OF MY NEWFOUND PROFESSION I AM AFFORDED THE LUXURY OF BEING IN THIS BAND BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY WHEN THE NEXT GIG IS.

Matt - Have you pulled over any Iced Earth / Pyramaze fans? If so, did they have you sign anything?

Would you let a fan go with a warning?

THE SUPPORT OF MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY IS OBVIOUSLY A VERY IMPORTANT PART OF WHO I AM. THEY SUPPORTED MY DECISION TO BECOME A POLICE OFFICER AND MY DECISION TO GET BACK INTO METAL! I DECIDED TO BECOME A POLICE OFFICER BECAUSE I FEEL IT TO BE A NOBLE PROFESSION, AND IT WILL ALLOW ME TO SUPPORT MY FAMILY AND PREPARE FOR THE FUTURE. BECAUSE OF MY NEWFOUND PROFESSION I AM AFFORDED THE LUXURY OF BEING IN THIS BAND BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY WHEN THE NEXT GIG IS.

hmmm, isn't being a musician a noble profession too? Just asking, because music is the most important thing in my life...I'm actually planning to become a musician myself...
I think you helped many people through your music...at least it helped me through hard times...

Hi Matt,
would you ever accept to sing on a song as a guest musician for a thrash metal band? i know seems kinda "babysh" as a question but it's not ^^

what do you think of Annihilator and Anthrax bands?

(you fucking rock man!)

Hey man i was ur fan since ever i mean u have most Goddish voice i have ever heard and listen anywayz...
1st : what do you say in Dante's Inferno ??? In live in athens DVD I JUST BOUGHT IT devils name????
couse i searched it and they wrote nothin on the album

2nd :Would you plz see this 2 the end and ask me what do you think of it ?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zF4QsKkX6k

tons of questions to be asked ,but am gonna break em and Hail to you and rock on cheeeeeeeeeeerz
thanks

Been a fan for ICED EARTH over the past 4 years and still I am ! actually m preparing an Iced Earth Tribute with my band PHOENIX , u probably gonna watch our sample vid on that youtube link ! M the guitarist of PHOENIX . Well the only thing missing in the band is a vocal!!! and that is the most important thing lol. Instrumentally the songs are done perfectly ! maybe we don't have a vocal yet coz even our original songs need a real strong voc with a great pitch damn your hight pitch dude ... so goodluck with pyramaze didn't really gave them an ear yet but sure i will after i finish my exams ... so if by chance u can add me on MSN so we can talk more and share ideas ....
under_lord666@hotmail.com
hany-elhassan@hotmail.com
TC mighty warrior ,

Hey Matt.

So, will there be any IE songs when you'll go play live with Pyramaze? I'd love to see you sing Melancholy, Dracula or something else. I'm going to see IE this year, and while I do like Ripper as much as the next guy, I know I'm going to chuckle over the fact that it isn't you who's singing "Dracula".

Hey, MATT!
I'm such a HUGE fan of your vocals!!! I mean, it's inspired me to do singing with my own band...

I'll try not to ask questions that have been asked before, and I do, I'm sorry in advance.

Ok, here are my questions... Sorry if they're too personal...

1. What was it like working with Jon Schaffer? [I ask only because I see myself a little similar to him... As I like having complete control over my music, and I write ALL The instrument parts and ALL The lyrical parts.]

2. What was your favorite memory with Iced Earth?

3. What was your favorite memory as being a cop?

4. I realized you got a lot of backlash from certain fans... Although, I've always believed in you, and felt that, you were even GREATER to leave something like Iced Earth behind, to pursue something you've had your heart set on for a long time..

The question being... Did some of the fans' backlash hurt you emotionally in any kind of way? Like how they could be so two-faced as to love you one minute, and to dislike you the next, for pursuing something that was near and dear to your heart?

5. What was the deciding factor, in making the choice to join Pyramaze?

6. Haha, I realize this might be an odd question, however... What was it like cutting all of your hair off? Was it a hard decision to make, or was it just something that you knew should, or had to be done?

7. If Jon Schaffer was interested in doing some work with you, would you ever consider working with him again?

These next three questions are about your voice:

8. How did you start to get into singing? Did you ever take lessons, or was it a natural talent?

9. How have you worked to make it even more amazing over the years?

10. What do you do to maintain it's unmistakable uniqueness, while making it better and better as the years pass, and have passed?

11. In your own words, and thoughts... What does musical success mean to you, and what does music as a whole, do for you?

12. What are your loves and hates about music in general, as well as the music industry?

13. How is working with Pyramaze different from working with Iced Earth? What are the pros and cons? I would never ask you to decide on who you like working with more, however I will ask, did you at least love working with both? Considering you stay true to who you are, I'm guessing that you'd HAVE to love people and what you're working with, in order to do it. But I'd love to hear your answer.

I'm so sorry that I asked so much... But you're DEFINITELY one of my musical idols, and I just needed to know. Thanks for your time, and thank you for your answers, in advance...

Have a great day, and life... And always stay true to yourself, like you've always have!

And please! If you ever want to talk to a huge fan, that will always lend an ear and listen, you can email me at Edazer1987@yahoo.com

Thank you very much...

Best wishes,
Edazer

Have you ever sang a criminal his rights? If not you should consider it. I think it would really get his attention.

I see many people asking if you will sing different for Pyramaze to better fit with their style. Of course you won't. If they wanted something different than what you got, they would have got someone else.

But my question is this: Would the band consider playing different to fit better with you? If anyone had to change I think I would like it better this way.

Seriously though, you are one awesome singer (as so many have already told you), and Pyramaze is one awesome band, so whatever happens I'm sure it will be...well...awesome. And the hobbits attacked by vampires song is something I think you guys should consider.