QUESTIONS FOR *Matt*

Have you ever sang a criminal his rights? If not you should consider it. I think it would really get his attention.

I see many people asking if you will sing different for Pyramaze to better fit with their style. Of course you won't. If they wanted something different than what you got, they would have got someone else.

But my question is this: Would the band consider playing different to fit better with you? If anyone had to change I think I would like it better this way.

Seriously though, you are one awesome singer (as so many have already told you), and Pyramaze is one awesome band, so whatever happens I'm sure it will be...well...awesome. And the hobbits attacked by vampires song is something I think you guys should consider.
I THINK WE'RE GOING TO PUT THINGS TOGETHER AS THEY COME AND IT WILL TURN OUT GREAT. WE ALL KNOW THAT THE FINAL RESULT MUST BE METAL THAT HAS BEEN FOLDED AND HAMMERED TO PERFECTION!

Hey Matt
You are the best freakin vocalist in the universe!!!
Did you take any professional lessons or have you underwent any kind of professional vocal training? I find your voice to be top-notch.

Do you play any instruments?? or have u played other instruments??

How is it financially to be in a band?? is it possible to make a living as a non-commercial or non-sellout band considering all the complications with illegal downloads and piracy? Is it possible to be a relatively recognized band without having another back up job?

Thanks,
Rafael
JUST ENJOY MAKING MUSIC BEFORE YOU COMMIT YOUR FINANCIAL FUTURE TO IT... I CAN HOPE IT WORKS OUT FOR EVERYONE WHO SETS FORTH ON THE JOURNEY, BUT THAT WOULD NOT BE REALITY.

Hailz Brother,

1. Hope to see youz in Denver...
2. Anything left of your vocals on "Burden"?
3. "Creator Failure", great lyrics- still writing?
4. Do you chose faith or law?

Zsentient MetalCast Radio
"Wisdom cometh by Suffering"
www.myspace.com/zsentient
1. YOUR ALWAYS HIGH IN DENVER!
2. THINK SO.
3. THANKS. YES.
4. "DEFENDERS OF THE FAITH" OF COURSE BUT I DO LIKE "BREAKING THE LAW" SOMETIMES....DID I SAY THAT?

Matt,

Many thanks again for taking the time to answer all these questions.

When you went to record AIA...when it was over did you and the band have the sense that...well...those were some very special shows and the cd from this is going to be incredible...or something like that? Many many reviews over the years have called that one of the greatest, if not the greatest, metal live album ever made (and rightfully so). So after the last show did you guys just look at each other with a big grin on your face and go....Holy Shit! Or did it feel like just another show?

Grinder
IT WAS A TRUELY INCREDIBLE AND SURREAL EXPERIENCE THAT I WILL NEVER FORGET...HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY THE CD AND DVD!

HEY MATTT BARLOW
Been a fan for ICED EARTH over the past 4 years and still I am ! actually m preparing an Iced Earth Tribute with my band PHOENIX

, u probably gonna watch our sample vid on that youtube link ! M the guitarist of PHOENIX . Well the only thing missing in the band is a vocal!!!

Instrumentally the songs are done perfectly ! maybe we don't have a vocal yet coz even our original songs need a real strong voc with a great pitch damn your hight pitch dude ...

so goodluck with ur pyramaze didn't really gave them an ear yet but sure i will after i finish my exams ... so if you please in chance u can add me on MSN so we can talk more and share ideas???? ....
under_lord666@hotmail.com
hany-elhassan@hotmail.com

TC mighty warrior ,....

Hey matt 5 guyz are useing the same account we are very sorry man but we cant just say no 2 talkin with the legend

1st How did you kept you voice for 2 dayz rockin in The LIve in athens DVD?? man you rocked

2nd : Do you think we have potentianls in this sick world of music?? i already showed you the vid...

3rd. whome the famouse peron you liked and met ???

Hello Matt,

in the last years we tried to contact or to download any tracks from "your" police band in Georgetown. Unfortunatly the official links didn`t work. We were and we are so curious to listen to any songs. Is it possible to get a link, homepage or something else?

It will be very kind of you if you can help us.

That would be the greatest present for your biggest fans!!!...and we would look like... :OMG:

enrico.helm@web.de

Have a nice weekend!

Kati & Rico

Just one more question: Do you listen IE/Pyramaze on your free time, or is it too common to you, because you are/were working with it? I mean do you ever play 'em among other music and are you able to listen it "normally" like we, your fans, are doing?

And sorry if I explained this too incoherently. :|

Another weird question for you Matt: Are you related to Kurt Barlow ?:Smokedev: (if you don't know who I'm talking about, read Salem's Lot by Stephen King)

Hi, Matthew... :)

Thanks for giving us the chance to talk to you... I mean, it feels great knowing that you're there, that at least now you know about my existence :oops: and that you're back to us, to metal... (I missed you SO BADLY:cry: )

Well, I wanted to ask you about another song... "Reaping Stone"... what was exactly your work on that song besides singing? How much of that did you write? What can you tell me about this song? That's one of my favorites cause the way you sing it and the lyrics are truly great... Sorry if I'm too honest, but your voice sounds EXTREMELY sexy on that song... :oops:

OK, that's it for now... thanks again and keep on rockin'... (don't you leave ever again, please!!!) :)

Sandra.

PS: A big colombian kiss to you!!! :worship:

untitled20iv.png

PS 2: look at you... aren't you the cutest?? :oops:

Hello Matt,

in the last years we tried to contact or to download any tracks from "your" police band in Georgetown. Unfortunatly the official links didn`t work. We were and we are so curious to listen to any songs. Is it possible to get a link, homepage or something else?

It will be very kind of you if you can help us.

That would be the greatest present for your biggest fans!!!...and we would look like... :OMG:

enrico.helm@web.de

Have a nice weekend!

Kati & Rico
I ASSURE YOU...IF YOU ARE TRYING TO SEE IF THAT BAND IS METAL...IT AIN'T METAL! ALSO, I THINK THAT THE GUY OPERATING THE SITE IS NO LONGER DOING SO. HOPEFULLY WE'LL (PYRAMAZE) WILL HAVE SOME NEW MEDIA FOR YOU GUYS SOON.

Just one more question: Do you listen IE/Pyramaze on your free time, or is it too common to you, because you are/were working with it? I mean do you ever play 'em among other music and are you able to listen it "normally" like we, your fans, are doing?

And sorry if I explained this too incoherently. :|
I DO STILL LISTEN TO I.E. I'M STILL PROUD OF WHAT WE DID TOGETHER...VERY PROUD! I ALSO LIKE TO MAKE SURE I CAN STILL PULL THAT STUFF OFF, SO OCCASIONALLY MY NEIGHBORS WILL HEAR FLESH RIPPING SCREAMS COMING FROM MY HOUSE. I'M ALSO STILL STUDYING PYRAMAZE, SO I LISTEN TO IT A LOT.

† Sandra Dark Saga †;6259248 said:
Hi, Matthew... :)

Thanks for giving us the chance to talk to you... I mean, it feels great knowing that you're there, that at least now you know about my existence :oops: and that you're back to us, to metal... (I missed you SO BADLY:cry: )

Well, I wanted to ask you about another song... "Reaping Stone"... what was exactly your work on that song besides singing? How much of that did you write? What can you tell me about this song? That's one of my favorites cause the way you sing it and the lyrics are truly great... Sorry if I'm too honest, but your voice sounds EXTREMELY sexy on that song... :oops:

OK, that's it for now... thanks again and keep on rockin'... (don't you leave ever again, please!!!) :)

Sandra.

PS: A big colombian kiss to you!!! :worship:

untitled20iv.png

PS 2: look at you... aren't you the cutest?? :oops:
THANKS...I'M REALLY GLAD YOU LIKE THAT SONG. IT WAS MY CONCEPT AND LYRICS...THE VOCAL MELODY WAS ALSO MINE. THAT COOL BASS LINE BELONGS TO JIMMY, AND THE REST IS JON'S WORK.
I REALLY THOGHT THE CONCEPT WAS SORT OF A "NIGHT GALLERY" STORY LINE. I ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT MY GRANDMOTHER WOULD LIKE IT BECAUSE SHE WAS A HUGE FAN OF THAT SHOW.
IT IS BASICALLY THE CONCEPT OF ANCIENT EVIL IN THE SHAPE OF STONE ARTIFACT...IT DRAWS IN THE LOST AND UNEXPECTING WITH IT'S BEAUTY AND THEN RIPS OUT THEIR SOUL! COOL, HUH?

oh and Matt, i wanted to thank you for making me a metalhead. If i had never heard Iced Earth when i was 14 (im 17 now) i'd still be listening to slipknot and other crappy nu-metal bands. so again, thank you so very much. i guess you can say your partly the reason why i am who i am today. i am forever in your debt sir. \m/