Races

Racism will never be wiped out because of the tribal instincts of People. What gives you your individual identity is the fact that you and your ancestors, and all their collective accomplishments belong to this specific group, a group (culture), which is different from that other guys culture. When the government try to make everyone a happy family it is innately viewed as the devaluing of your culture, because if anyone can join, it is worth nothing.

Racism will never be wiped out because of the tribal instincts of People. What gives you your individual identity is the fact that you and your ancestors, and all their collective accomplishments belong to this specific group, a group (culture), which is different from that other guys culture. When the government try to make everyone a happy family it is innately viewed as the devaluing of your culture, because if anyone can join, it is worth nothing.

this is the explanation of why the black pimps and black coke dealers actually see themselves as being better than the white doctors and white lawyers

everything that exists in the ghetto was created by their culture, abolition didnt help either on the first day of that project all abolition did was put X number of blacks out of work and out of home, so the cities of the north became ghettos, simple history.

Yes, the little experiment of outlawing slavery was simply a failure and only resulted in the destruction of the white man's cities, not to mention cause rampant homelessness and unemployment in the black population. Correct?

Your backwards view of this situation is one of the consistent racist views spewed by bigots everyday. It is not "simple history" but your twisted idea of history.

Yes, the little experiment of outlawing slavery was simply a failure and only resulted in the destruction of the white man's cities, not to mention cause rampant homelessness and unemployment in the black population. Correct?

Your backwards view of this situation is one of the consistent racist views spewed by bigots everyday. It is not "simple history" but your twisted idea of history.

sometimes razoredge's veiws seem so completely ludicrous in such a way that it kinda seems as if he is an actor playing a character on the internet, like an online version of Sacha Baron Cohen's character Borat

This entire discussion is kind of stupid because race doesn't line up with the social construct from a genetic perspective.

Devasya Chāyā;9454315 said:
This entire discussion is kind of stupid because race doesn't line up with the social construct from a genetic perspective.

we weren't talking about genetics
we were talking about cultural diferences

1. No.

2. Racism will never be wiped out because closet racists keep bringing up the topic of race into every issue then try to find evidence that supports their racist bullshit. They use statistics relating to which race is prone to whatever behavior ect.

3. Individual indentity comes from within. Every human being on this planet is unique and some of them (such as myself) don't give two shits about cultural identity because it can rob you of your individuality.

Too many generalizations. Racism can be stopped, but it would have to be through very thorough integration and elimination of the idea of race or racial superiority or inferiority. It most likely won't happen any time soon, but it is still possible.

And nah, African Americans are still enslaved in one manner. I'm only arguing here from experience with my explanation of this, but frequently in my life sensitivity towards African Americans because of what they went through is brought up. Also, the race card is used quite often, and stories of African American struggles are told and retold. It gives (many of) the African American students in my school a chip on their shoulder in any interaction with someone of another ethnic group, but especially Caucasians.

I have never seen a month dedicated to the struggles of Hispanics in the united states, or any stories about any other ethnic groups who were also discriminated against along with African Americans. It's this big focus on their struggle that asserts a victim identity upon African Americans, as well as a negative view of their history. I don't see Asian-Americans, Indian-Americans, Arab-Americans, Mexican-Americans, or other minority groups given the power of the African American race card. "You're just doing this because I'm Korean" or "you're just doing this because I'm Indian" hold a lot less power than "you're just doing this because I'm black."

Devasya Chāyā;9488457 said:
Racism can be stopped, but it would have to be through very thorough integration and elimination of the idea of race or racial superiority or inferiority. It most likely won't happen any time soon, but it is still possible.

it won't happen untill all the people that were born before MLK died have all died themselves of old age

this is the explanation of why the black pimps and black coke dealers actually see themselves as being better than the white doctors and white lawyers

this is real
the black pimps and black coke dealers really do see themselves as superior to the white doctors and white lawyers

The problem with racial pride in the United States is that it is treated like a contest. It is usually a contest of intellectual and technological achievements, which creates a universal concept of "better" being based on more technological achievements. It is what white supremacists wave over their heads when they want to prove that they are "better" than others. They simply point out the fact that the industrialization of the world started in Europe. The dominance the West had/has on the world is a big spike to any other race's pride in this view of quality. Therefore minority groups of the United States jump about with their racial pride by mentioning inventions of people from the same ethnic group or things that a particular ethnic group had done "better" than Europeans.

When I learned about Mexican culture in elementary school, they pretty much started off by emphasizing Mayan and Aztec achievements such as the advanced concept of zero and use of rubber. With all of the cultures I learned about in elementary school it was merely a list of intellectual and technological achievements, as if that somehow validates a race as equal. A lot of education that seeks to end Euro-centricity ends up reasserting it by measuring up other cultures by a Western view of value.

We hardly learned anything about the values and norms of any of the cultures we learned about. It was elementary school after all, and a full scale sociological examination would be a little much, but when putting the details the educational system considered most important in a nutshell, it greatly emphasized technology.

Basically, to sum it up, being proud of one's race where I live is ultimately an "us vs. them" instead of just "us."

Devasya Chāyā;9490240 said:
The problem with racial pride in the United States is that it is treated like a contest. It is usually a contest of intellectual and technological achievements, which creates a universal concept of "better" being based on more technological achievements. It is what white supremacists wave over their heads when they want to prove that they are "better" than others. They simply point out the fact that the industrialization of the world started in Europe. The dominance the West had/has on the world is a big spike to any other race's pride in this view of quality. Therefore minority groups of the United States jump about with their racial pride by mentioning inventions of people from the same ethnic group or things that a particular ethnic group had done "better" than Europeans.

When I learned about Mexican culture in elementary school, they pretty much started off by emphasizing Mayan and Aztec achievements such as the advanced concept of zero and use of rubber. With all of the cultures I learned about in elementary school it was merely a list of intellectual and technological achievements, as if that somehow validates a race as equal. A lot of education that seeks to end Euro-centricity ends up reasserting it by measuring up other cultures by a Western view of value.

We hardly learned anything about the values and norms of any of the cultures we learned about. It was elementary school after all, and a full scale sociological examination would be a little much, but when putting the details the educational system considered most important in a nutshell, it greatly emphasized technology.

Basically, to sum it up, being proud of one's race where I live is ultimately an "us vs. them" instead of just "us."

http://www.bing.com/search?q=list+of+things+invented+by+black+people&src=IE-Address