Rap

Life Sucks

and then you die
Dec 30, 2002
Die bitch die!!!!!
Visit site
Does anyone here like rap? I personally hate it with a passion, but I was wondering if there are any metalheads out there that actually like it. It doesn't really seem like a type of music that a metalhead could get into. RAP SUCKS!!!

Yes, I love quite a bit of rap. Deltron 3030, Dr Octagon, Dalek, and many more are awesome rap outfits. I take it you have never heard underground hip-hop before, otherwise you would not say that metalheads can't get into rap.

I mean, there are metal bands with rap in them, like Candiria and Stuck Mojo. What an ignorant comment.

I can stand a couple of rap bands, but I heavily dislike it for the most part. Of course I've only heard what's on MTV or the radio, so my opinion doesn't mean much.

LuminousAether said:
Yes, I love quite a bit of rap. Deltron 3030, Dr Octagon, Dalek, and many more are awesome rap outfits. I take it you have never heard underground hip-hop before, otherwise you would not say that metalheads can't get into rap.

I mean, there are metal bands with rap in them, like Candiria and Stuck Mojo. What an ignorant comment.
I actually like Candiria. One of the things I hate about most rap is that no guitars or real instruments are used, like they are when Candiria raps; they are usually all sampled. You're right, I didn't know underground rap existed. All I know is I cannot stand Nelly, 50 Cent, Ja Rule, Snoop Dogg, etc.; all those guys FUCKING SUCK!

LuminousAether said:
You won't get me disagreeing with you there, mainstream rap is pure and utter garbage.

I know a few rap bands that play their own instruments, most notably The Roots.
YES. Mainstream rap is untalented worthless shit. It would be cool if there was more Candiria style rap with real instruments and rap with true metal guitars in the background. Although I don't think that good rap like that would sell.:D

If you haven't heard Stuck Mojo, you might like them. They mix pure metal with rap, but they have a lot more rapping than Candiria. They are on Century Media, who have samples on their webpage of bands on their roster I believe. Give them a shot.

Nope not really close to the RAP scene, it's hard enough keeping up with the Metal scene.:Smug: I don't hate RAP, but not much of a fan either.

Most RAP I've heard is Mainstream, and most sucks! I like instruments to be played, I like the harmony done by background music. But RAP puts virtually no real instruments. They add a beat or some cheesey old video game music, but only because they really feel that they have to. blah! Sometimes when they really want a real background music they grab someone else's music from the past, even that's rare. Now everyone is gonna point out all these Rap bands that do use instruments, like the ROOTS, but generally mainstream Rap does not. The underground scene might be alot different, as I haven't really looked into it, like I said it's hard enough keeping up in the metal scene.

I don't hate all tho, don't get me wrong, I enjoy Swollen Members, Ice T NWA etc., just some of it is painfull. I respect great ryhmers and/or poets like 2 Pac, MnM, Busta Rhymes, OutKast.

One more thing that bugs me is in every song the main Rapper gotta mention Who he is, Who's singing with him or His Record Label or all of the above. Why every song, we are listening to the song so we know who they are, if we don't they do show the credits at the end of the video. It's a little annoying after awhile.

"Busta in tha house, mm..mm.....Mariya...uh-umb....Def Jam, ya ya erg hera....Lil Kim hmm-mmm" so forth an so on.

Most underground hip-hop uses samples or keyboards for most of their music, but I mean, it's primarily electronic music. I mean, I don't criticize industrial bands for using all electronics, because that's what the genre is about. I can feel your complaint about a lack of melody though, rap is usually far more based around rhythm instead of melody, but I've heard some melodic rap music.

I think you should try these songs if you don't like the rap you've heard:

Deltron 3030 - 3030
Dalek - Hold Tight

These two songs have strong melodic leanings and the first song has quite a bombastic sound that I haven't really heard in any other rap artist. Overall, I'd say rap / hip-hop is my least favorite genre, but it has its gems, like all genres.

Reactions: Weapon X
Personally I dispise rap, I really cant stand it at all...
And since Im not very open minded when it comes to music, I wont be checking out anything that even has a hint of rap in it...

LuminousAether said:
If you haven't heard Stuck Mojo, you might like them. They mix pure metal with rap, but they have a lot more rapping than Candiria. They are on Century Media, who have samples on their webpage of bands on their roster I believe. Give them a shot.
Cool. I'll check them out.

The very early RUN DMC had real guitar players playing in their songs, as they were influenced by rock music and R&B and I like a couple of their songs like "Rock Box" and "Raising Hell." Unfortunately, it is these guys that first put the rap and heavy guitar together and made it popular, so nu-metal probably gets a big part of it's roots from them.

Bryant

Yeah, rap always has lyrics about taking drugs and getting harrassed by cops...
rolleyes.gif

Life Sucks said:
You're right, I didn't know underground rap existed. All I know is I cannot stand Nelly, 50 Cent, Ja Rule, Snoop Dogg, etc.; all those guys FUCKING SUCK!
Do you know ANYTHING about music? There is an underground scene for nearly every genre. Rap actually started out underground and remained an underground genre for a long time until about 1982.

Mainstream rap does suck and i think we can all agree on that.

If you like jazz, there are jazz-rap groups like Justice System and Razzmatazz.

Yes, at least some rap is respectable but don't get me started on the poser wigger boys that like Eminem. :bah: By the way, I love Candiria. They might have rap in their sound but they're no way trendy and they deliver it pretty well.