rasism - what should i do?

Sopel said:
hey mates, please don't start to quarrel too harsh. i think the most important is we all agree racist isn't good thing.

problem is that some people here don't or suffer from latent racism...

Soulless said:
@ drama_queen:

Do I have to have the same opinion as you in this matter?!?!

Grow up...

You are the one who should think twice. Refusing to associate with other people because of their skin colour,gender,sexual orientation for isntance is mere LATENT racism even though you don't consider those people as inferior beings.

803-dvd-js-75dpi.jpg

toolsofthetrade said:
u obviously didnt get my point.

edit: if that comment was a reaction to mine like :D

I think I got your point, if not, I'm sorry. Was not only directed at you, but at all the people who were on about racism being wrong in context with holocaust, genocide etc.

My point is, it's absolutely redundant to talk about the horrors racism leads to, when saying it's wrong. It's wrong and stupid from the get-go, and if you need to scare people off by horror images of holocaust, genocide, or whatever horrid events of the past, which you could argue was the result of racism (you could throw out a number of generalising terms that are just as precise on the cause of it though), you're not getting the basic point at all. It's like saying you shouldn't hate people, because you might end up killing them, makes no sense to me.

Exactly. The holocaust happened in a certain historical context, and a group's (e.g. Faelivrin's family's) avoidance of either jews or blacks today is in a different set-up. I'm not saying the two aren't related in any way, but each case is specific somehow.

Btw, Dragonlady, I don't think it's that easy to get rid of your family/group socialization and attitudes, especially not for a 17-year-old kid.

It's like saying you shouldn't hate people, because you might end up killing them, makes no sense to me. that wasnt what i was saying.
hate is a pure negative thing and i think its harmful in any scale. thats why i draw a link between the two cos its obviously interlinked. what i dont understand is that someone can still support hateful or 'superiour' thoughts if there's so much evidence around us rejecting it for sane reasons.

LIKE saying. This was a real like, not one of those cool Liverpool likes.

The evidence around us, is interactrion and mutual understanding with people of a different "race", not sth you read in a history book, which had a thousand other causes than common racism, the vindictiveness of the "winners" of WW1 for one.