Rate Last Videogame you played , write a one sentence review.

2 years to complete the story or to 100% the game??

:(:(:( me...

Also play it for going off on a rampage... which is a lot harder on this game than on the previous ones...

2 years to complete the story lol .. but to be honest I keep getting new games that sidetrack me... I dunno every time I start to get farther in that game something makes me stop playing it and play something else

Splinter Cell Conviction: 8.5

Great game! I never digged the Splinter Cell titles, but this one rocks. The campaign is pretty short but it has the perfect lenght before the gameplay mechanics and gadgets get too repetitive. The soundtrack, voice acting and atmosphere are all great, but the art direction and camera work really shine. The indications and movies projected on the surfaces are so beautiful and original that I hope other games start to copy it. When you do the right stuff to clean a room full of enemies in just a split second you feel like the ultimate badass. The ending is also cool.

Seriously the worst splinter cell ever, not because of the technical stuff (as you said graphics/acting etc etc were top notch). it was really the gamedesign that sucked. From stealth to an action title, I hope nobody will "copy from it". It's too similar to a lot of other titles outthere.

Seriously the worst splinter cell ever, not because of the technical stuff (as you said graphics/acting etc etc were top notch). it was really the gamedesign that sucked. From stealth to an action title, I hope nobody will "copy from it". It's too similar to a lot of other titles outthere.

I mean, copy the video/signs projection thing on the walls! Damn cool effect!

I can totally see your point and I can imagine how frustrated the Splinter Cell core fan base must have felt, but for me it was like playing Fallout 3. You know, "finally a gameplay that I can enjoy".

But yeah, Sam was a stealth guy who had to hide the few bodies that he kills, on this game he´s a bogeyman lurking in the dark killing everyone in the level.

I mean, copy the video/signs projection thing on the walls! Damn cool effect!

I can totally see your point and I can imagine how frustrated the Splinter Cell core fan base must have felt, but for me it was like playing Fallout 3. You know, "finally a gameplay that I can enjoy".

But yeah, Sam was a stealth guy who had to hide the few bodies that he kills, on this game he´s a bogeyman lurking in the dark killing everyone in the level.

sounds like arkham asylum

Glad to hear it is a lot better. There were a few things that irritated me about the first one, but I still really enjoyed it.

Yeah pretty much everything that annoyed me about AC1 (repetitive gameplay , dull graphics, iffy controls , no side quests) was improved in the sequel.

I bought and beat the darkness when it first came out back in 07 , I loved that game

Heh, I've been playing my bro's 360 as he doesn't play it anymore, and I've played a bunch of games like gta IV, mirror's edge, dead space, bioshock etc. and it's all so new to me I keep forgetting those games are several years old by now!

Do you guys think the games have graphically improved, or have they been pushing the limits of the Xbox 360 all this time? I've been somewhat disappointed in the graphics of a few games I've played, but I haven't been playing anything newer than two years old.

Heh, I've been playing my bro's 360 as he doesn't play it anymore, and I've played a bunch of games like gta IV, mirror's edge, dead space, bioshock etc. and it's all so new to me I keep forgetting those games are several years old by now!

Do you guys think the games have graphically improved, or have they been pushing the limits of the Xbox 360 all this time? I've been somewhat disappointed in the graphics of a few games I've played, but I haven't been playing anything newer than two years old.

That's cause you're playing 360 and not PS3 !:saint:

Play some Uncharted 2 , God Of War 3 and tell me graphics aren't better than games like the Darkness from 07

Or better yet watch this Gran Turismo 5 trailer in HD !

Last edited by a moderator:
That's cause you're playing 360 and not PS3 !:saint:

Play some Uncharted 2 , God Of War 3 and tell me graphics aren't better than games like the Darkness from 07

Or better yet watch this Gran Turismo 5 trailer in HD !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxfNb4d3bPY

thanks, maybe I'll do that haha

since the box isn't mine, I might as well buy a PS3 instead... I'm not sure what I'll end up wanting... :kickass:

At least I've seen MW2 and I think it looks gorgeous, but that was on PC, I'm probably going to get it anyway - a month ago I was planning to buy an Xbox 360 just for that game!

Silent Hill, the first one

Embodies the sheer fundamental point of fear, lovecraft would be proud. The graphics may be grainy and blocky, the textures may be lo-res, the voice acting may be bad, but the atmosphere and gut wrenching feeling of being in completely unknown and uncomfortable territory mentally are palpable beyond belief.