Rate Last Videogame you played , write a one sentence review.

I thought the first Modern Warfare has an absolutely brilliant campaign. Sure it was big, loud, dumb, and primarily brian dead, the first time I played through it was quite the experience. The section with the nuke at the end of the first act goes down in one of the finest gaming moments in history for me.

Repetitive, indeed. But I liked the control scheme where you have to keep comboing everyone while executing the limbless ones and keep an eye on the surrounds to see if you can manage to hold the button long enough to absorb the dead enemies souls and instantly charge the special attack. Bayonetta is similar, but instead of worrying about pulling out your special and finishers to stay alive you gotta keep dodging to enter on the bullet time.

I´m not sure if I like the enemies design in Bayonetta. Just like in Devil May Cry 4, most of the time I have no idea of what are those things. But I really liked Bayonetta. 6.5 for me means that the game is good and worth playing.

I hear ya on the enemy design in Bayonetta. Half the enemies are stones statues with baby faces lol

I thought the first Modern Warfare has an absolutely brilliant campaign. Sure it was big, loud, dumb, and primarily brian dead, the first time I played through it was quite the experience. The section with the nuke at the end of the first act goes down in one of the finest gaming moments in history for me.

I really shouldn't have watched Apocalypse Now so recently (that never helps me think highly of war game plots, cinematics, acting, and so on) but even knowing how that hurt my impression of MW I still don't think that on a great day I wouldn't have been annoyed at those aspects. It's not like the story couldn't have been used as a big, loud, explodey ending - adding a bit more time for the buildup and development would have been great, but it seems like the game was trying to look like a big, cinematic, enthralling Total Game Experience ™ ⓒ ⓡ Ltd. GmbH. Inc. and got called out on it too quickly. The end of the first act would have been far more powerful if the marines had been developed more - as it was, my response to the detonation was about the same as if a big neon sign had started blinking "OH NO A NUKE LOOK AT THAT WE'RE IN TROUBLE NOW AAAAAAAAAA!" and bunches of dead stick figures were thrown about.

(On top of that...the radio worked after being that close to the blast? Apparently it's made of invisible psychic gnomes and not the electronic bits ordinary - even military-grade - radios will be full of... that killed the immersion right away. Granted, my only complaint with 2001 was that holding breath before exposure to space would end very badly, so I'm probably being nitpicky with that bit, but... it seems like the whole thing was a 90% effort at 30% of a game.)

Jeff

Scott Pilgrim Vs The World , the Game - 9/10
Awesome old school beat em up with 8 bit flavor. Reminds me or Final Fight , River City Ransom etc

Screen%20shot%202010-08-22%20at%2012.02.47.png

Monkey Island 2 S.E
They took the best point and click adventure game ever and made it better. I am so happy it's unbelievable. Just finished it ;)

waddya mean what? full throttle is great don't get me wrong, but monkey 2 was literally the hugest part of my childhood.

Blades Of Vengeance: 6.5 (Mega Drive)

Sweet medeival fantasy action/plataform game. Cool graphics and soundtrack for a 16 bit game.

Blades%20of%20Vengeance%20(2).gif

who needs armor?

waddya mean what? full throttle is great don't get me wrong, but monkey 2 was literally the hugest part of my childhood.

Just messing. My favourite point and click adventures are FullThrottle followed by Day Of The Tentacle. Truth is Tim Schafer is a genious.

I never got into Bioshock anyways. From the first 15 minutes, you'll just KNOW the game is going to be that same shit, in that same setting, the whole time.

I don't know if you'd like the rest, but predicting that a game will go without any major changes and then refusing to play further (in other words, avoiding parts of reality that contradict your expectations) is not exactly a good habit.

Jeff