Rate Last Videogame you played , write a one sentence review.

not really
Now that games are such a massive industry, it has become very similar to hollywood.
Several big blockbusters, that have great graphics, and are very multiplayer oriented.
I have nothing against the the Modern Warfare series, but the majority of people who buy it basically only play Cod and FIFA/Pro

not really
Now that games are such a massive industry, it has become very similar to hollywood.
Several big blockbusters, that have great graphics, and are very multiplayer oriented.
I have nothing against the the Modern Warfare series, but the majority of people who buy it basically only play Cod and FIFA/Pro

I play FIFA 11 loads of times... I sometimes just get home so knackered I just don't even want to think of playing a good RPG or something... and since I like football it's a pretty straight forward game, not much thinking required

yeah, as gaming has become more mainstream, it's also become more of a case of games becoming very design by committee.

I wanna play epic mickey. as much as i hear the platforming leaves much to desire and that the camera's fucked, it looks to wonderfully subvert all that disney stands for while paying homage to it all at once. mm.

Hasnt Epic Mickey been in developement for ages?
last I heard was previews of it, saying that it was a possible future classic?

There's nothing wrong with playing fifa or Cod, it's just that they have become indicative of the mindset of the big publishers.
That being, "we'll just release the same game year after year with updated graphics, and ping pong between minor changes to gameplay"
I am not one of the guys who hates emphasis on graphics development btw (quite the opposite in fact)

But I am just a bit disgruntled at what Gareth has described

All I know is that Mass Effect 2 (released of course earlier this year) is possibly one of the greatest games I've ever played, with some of the most creative, thoughtful, and intelligent writing and characters I've ever encountered, so I'm not too worried about the state of gaming with masterpieces like that still being made :)

All I know is that Mass Effect 2 (released of course earlier this year) is possibly one of the greatest games I've ever played, with some of the most creative, thoughtful, and intelligent writing and characters I've ever encountered, so I'm not too worried about the state of gaming with masterpieces like that still being made :)

That's one of the bonuses of having the massive markets.... massive budgets.
For every mass effect you have 10 game equivalents of transformers though.

Yeah epic mickey's been in development for some time. Reviews have rolled in and the general consensus is that the camera is totally broken and that the platforming is pretty shoddy but that the story is very powerful. Good enough for me.

Just bought Cataclysm though... Doubt I'll be playing until tomorrow, got to reformat, but SOON!

pssst tom let's roll worgen and have kinky furry cyber sex in goldshire RAWWWWWWWWWR ;)

Just finished Black Ops: 8/10

I thought the campaign was intense, pretty dramatic, but very very short. Multiplayer wins here.

Going to finish GTA IV since I had that game for like 2 years and never finished it as well as Red Dead Redemption, which I like it... but gets too fucking boring

Yeah I've had GTA 4 for about 2 years and never finished it also... though my interest in it kinda came back since I just got hooked on Red Dead (better game IMO)

I still need to finish levelling my rogue to 80, grr. Random dungeon finder grinding, here I come :(
Once I've done that, I'll start flitting between seeing the 80+ content and levelling a goblin :)

I recently got into steam and downloaded the Mass Effect 2 demo , but haven't gotten around to checking it out cause whenever I'm on Steam my friends want me to play L4D2. The trailer looked amazing though

Whenever Mass Effect forced me to do anything beyond having conversations and reading the encyclopedia thing, I found it to be nothing short of truly awful, but from what I've heard ME2 fixed the issues with the combat.
Loved the conversation system though, I spent hours getting lost in listening to what people had to say. I'll probably give ME2 a miss until ME3 is out, at which point I will just play the trilogy from start to finish.

Whenever Mass Effect forced me to do anything beyond having conversations and reading the encyclopedia thing, I found it to be nothing short of truly awful, but from what I've heard ME2 fixed the issues with the combat.
Loved the conversation system though, I spent hours getting lost in listening to what people had to say. I'll probably give ME2 a miss until ME3 is out, at which point I will just play the trilogy from start to finish.

Dude, believe me when I tell you, ME2 was an improvement from the original in every way, but by far the biggest change for the better was the combat, followed closely by the level design (both in terms of architecture/aesthetics and, more importantly, variety) - the dialogue trees and codex are still alive and well!

Eh, after remembering how much time I wasted in the first game on endless, tedious equipment comparing (and the funny thing was, I hated and resented it, yet couldn't stop :lol: ), I was glad they simplified it in ME2, though I suppose I could've gone for slightly more variety - however, I definitely do wish there could've been a bit more character stat customization, but again, a very minor complaint