Rate Last Videogame you played , write a one sentence review.

I just downloaded the new "Community Choice" car pack for Forza.

Did Turn 10 get trolled on this?

I mean there's the Delorean DMC 12 and the Ferrari GTO California from Ferris Bueller's Day Off but everything else is flat out rubbish like that old librarian's mercedes, and the ever suck Saab 99 turbo. :lol:

Nuts and Bolts was one of the worst games I've ever had the displeasure of playing >:{

Nuts and Bolts was one of the worst games I've ever had the displeasure of playing >:{

I really liked it, it was like playing with lego. :D

Though there were some very tedious missions, like that one protecting some statue. Though I just built a giant flying castle to land on top of it. Handled.

I just played a few rounds of black ops this afternoon, I doubt I'll ever be as good at it as I was when it first came out. Moreover I dunno if I'll bother playing FPS games online once people move away from this to the inevitable next big thing. I just wish they'd make more FPS games for people like me, who just want to shoot at things that aren't screaming globs of hormones and be immersed in single player. It's funny because that seems a common enough gripe these days but nobody really seems to be doing anything about it.

I find myself gravitating more towards issuing a middle finger and smart arsey smirk to the pubescent pissing ground that is online multiplayer and enjoying some me time, huddled away playing something that doesn't make me want to smash controllers because this or that was implemented by a thousand monkeys typing away at a thousand development environments and doesn't work. The kids aren't too bad here in Australia though, unless you count having emblems full of cocks, otherwise they are mutable and/or easily shot down with something pithy like "I've got an achievement for you, get laid, it's worth 100 RL points". Basically the best gaming I've had of late came from Mass Effect 2 and Banjo Kazooie.

I do like playing with my friends but they flit between games whenever the new hot property drops, and I don't have the patience or the wallet for that kind of nonsense so that probably counts me out. I mean hell before I started playing MW2 with them the only other FPS I had played online was counter strike source, and that didn't end so well (such are the perils of meeting girls online).

PC has been all about first person shooters, while all kinds of third person games have been aimed more at consoles.
But now days i feel that games are being optimized more towards casual console-gamers then serious pc-gamers.

You're forgetting strategy games which, I believe, have dominated the PC gaming market along with FPS's, which have now gained a lot of success on consoles.

Consoles have had Halo Wars and very little else in the way of RTS. Any time an attempt has been made at an RTS on consoles it has fallen through in crucial areas. Be it control, story or the game mechanics themselves.
But trying to adapt a genre of games that relies on quick reactions, precise button presses and mouse movements and micromanagement to a bunch of itchy trigger finger console-centric can't-go-more-than-five-minutes-without-shooting-something ain't gonna work all that well.

PC gaming is fine, just changing.

After making the Action RPG thread, I loaded Sacred and played for a couple days before realizing that maybe I don't like mindless hack and slash RPG's so much anymore. So I decided to load Neverwinter Nights and I've really been enjoying it.

^ I kinda thought the same thing at 1st also ... especially since I just finished God of War 3 but you get used to it pretty quick. Now I don't even think about it cause I'm so caught up the game

I think if mainstream gaming went back to a standard that is more akin to Xbox 1 era graphics, then gameplay as a whole would be better on average than it is now.
So much money gets spent in the graphics department just to keep pushing the technology when really it's the gameplay that needs to advance.
Games have come so far in their POTENTIAL to be a legitimately artistic medium, but the games that actually come close to being art seem to be mostly far older games.

Silent Hill for example. Conventional game mechanics dictate that Silent Hill's combat mechanics are stodgy and a little broken. Art dictates that the main character is just some guy lost in a fuckin' DEMONIC TOWN trying to defend himself in whatever way he can.

We are still caught up in the idea of game mechanics for the sake of entertainment with very little beyond that to really dig our teeth into. It's an interactive medium that has so much left to explore but we're mainly re-treading the same tried and tested ground for entertainment purposes.
I may have thought Flower was a pretentious piece of shit, but it's a good example of what I'm talking about. An artistically inclined idea with a mechanic to back it up that may not necessarily be rule based but more based on giving you an experience, evoking a mood, atmosphere and emotion.
There's an infinite amount of possibilities when it comes to where "games" could go, but they're still busy being just that: games.
One day I am sure they will grow to become experiences in their own right that can tell us all sorts of interesting things about ourselves.

And like I said, if all this technological advancement chasing was abandoned somewhat in favour of crafting more detailed experiences, we'd probably get there quicker. I mean does God of War suddenly look shitty to people or something? I keep hearing about how World of Warcraft looks dated and I can't help but think it looks absolutely perfect and beautiful in every way. Art style transcends technological jargon like bump mapping and tesselation, etc. Which is why so many games from this console generation already look dated as hell. Technology over art style.

Ramble ramble ramble aimless etc etc

Just played Amnesia: The Dark Descent for a while
SCARY FUCKING GAME IS SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got as far as the fucking INVISIBLE WATER DEMON, I'm hopping around on boxes like a nigga yelling a variety of swear words at a video game at 5am with the lights off.
Game fucking rules. REAL horror unlike that Dead Space malarkey.

:lol: Glad you found it as awesome as I! When I was on that bit I was on edge man; panicky as hell.

That game fucked my head whilst I was playing it. It only gets better. :devil:

Got Singularity today, pretty nice game so far. Really dark and moody for a shooter. First non-steam game I've bought in a while lol, seems like everyone is going through that now.

I think if mainstream gaming went back to a standard that is more akin to Xbox 1 era graphics, then gameplay as a whole would be better on average than it is now.
So much money gets spent in the graphics department just to keep pushing the technology when really it's the gameplay that needs to advance.
Games have come so far in their POTENTIAL to be a legitimately artistic medium, but the games that actually come close to being art seem to be mostly far older games.

Silent Hill for example. Conventional game mechanics dictate that Silent Hill's combat mechanics are stodgy and a little broken. Art dictates that the main character is just some guy lost in a fuckin' DEMONIC TOWN trying to defend himself in whatever way he can.

We are still caught up in the idea of game mechanics for the sake of entertainment with very little beyond that to really dig our teeth into. It's an interactive medium that has so much left to explore but we're mainly re-treading the same tried and tested ground for entertainment purposes.
I may have thought Flower was a pretentious piece of shit, but it's a good example of what I'm talking about. An artistically inclined idea with a mechanic to back it up that may not necessarily be rule based but more based on giving you an experience, evoking a mood, atmosphere and emotion.
There's an infinite amount of possibilities when it comes to where "games" could go, but they're still busy being just that: games.
One day I am sure they will grow to become experiences in their own right that can tell us all sorts of interesting things about ourselves.

And like I said, if all this technological advancement chasing was abandoned somewhat in favour of crafting more detailed experiences, we'd probably get there quicker. I mean does God of War suddenly look shitty to people or something? I keep hearing about how World of Warcraft looks dated and I can't help but think it looks absolutely perfect and beautiful in every way. Art style transcends technological jargon like bump mapping and tesselation, etc. Which is why so many games from this console generation already look dated as hell. Technology over art style.

Ramble ramble ramble aimless etc etc

I have found that I spend WAY more time on free Flash games that look crude but are more fun to play than the modern PS3 games that just suck cock at 20-60€ a pop without a possibility to try them.

I mean, take HIGH TEA for example; AMAZINGLY simple concept, flawless gameplay mechanics, relatively beautiful graphics, really easy to learn, one game literally is only 20-30 minutes, but the end game is really fucking HARD and ADDICTING, so I've spent like over 20 hours smashing it when bored.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 4/10

I had so high hopes for this one...

Horrible engine sound, bad unrealistic handling (yes even worse than in TDU1), horrible "storyline" style play...
Of course very good GFX, but it doesn't make up for all the bad sides and the Ibiza island environment is not my cup of tea.
So back to Dirt 2 and TDU1.