Rate Last Videogame you played , write a one sentence review.

I've been playing Borderlands lately, and while it's no S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (best games in recent years IMO), it does a decent job of passing the time. Sure rapes the hell out of that Fallout 3 disaster.

And on the subject of console/PC gaming...I haven't owned a console in the last 5 years, and I probably never will. Most of the games I truly care about will never come out on a console. Yeah there's Forza 3 that I'd like to have but that's it.

Anyone ever heard of STEAM? Yeah, PC boxed sales are pretty much dead except for collectors that must have the packaged product. At 10$ a game, it's hard to see why anyone would bother spending more.

Played Splatterhouse on 360 a few days ago. Hands down goriest horror game I've ever witnessed, (Admitted, I only ever watched my roomate play Dead Rising and Left 4 Dead 2, but jesus christ, Splatterhouse was entertaining) although not exactly huge on graphics, but the soundtrack was metal happy and just brutal. I give it a 6/10 for sheer violence.

I've been playing Borderlands lately, and while it's no S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (best games in recent years IMO), it does a decent job of passing the time. Sure rapes the hell out of that Fallout 3 disaster.

Really? STALKER?

I was really looking forward to that game, they had so many cool gameplay ideas, but in implementation they ended up being the opposite of fun.

Sure, Shadow of Chernobyl was a little rough, Clear Sky plain sucked, but Call of Pripyat was all a game should be in my books. Interesting to explore, scary in parts, and more atmosphere than early Emperor CDs. Cool story and believable characters too (to a degree of course). Shame about the cliffhanger ending but they all do it these days. And rather decent graphics, if not as spectacular as Metro or Crysis.

Fallout New Vegas: 5/10
I loved Fallout 3, but New Vegas is such a disappointment. Nothing against they keeping the crappy engine, but the story is so much worse, and nothing feels epic. The only time I really enjoyed it was when I killed Mr House. The new stuff is pretty bad too (ADS, weapon mods, etc). The bullet guns on this game are a joke, they´re so bad that I literally ended up finishing the whole game using only a concrete rebar (and chainsaw at the very end).

Fallout New Vegas: 5/10
I loved Fallout 3, but New Vegas is such a disappointment. Nothing against they keeping the crappy engine, but the story is so much worse, and nothing feels epic. The only time I really enjoyed it was when I killed Mr House. The new stuff is pretty bad too (ADS, weapon mods, etc). The bullet guns on this game are a joke, they´re so bad that I literally ended up finishing the whole game using only a concrete rebar (and chainsaw at the very end).

LOL WTF ???

I loved Fallout 3, but New Vegas is such a disappointment.
They are about the same.

Nothing against they keeping the crappy engine, but the story is so much worse, and nothing feels epic.
FNV has its epicness in side quests, not in the main quest line.

The new stuff is pretty bad too (ADS, weapon mods, etc).
I like the new crafting, cooking and repairing system and weapon mods are a cool addition.

The bullet guns on this game are a joke, they´re so bad
All American, Gobi Campaign Scout Rifle.

that I literally ended up finishing the whole game using only a concrete rebar (and chainsaw at the very end).
Hmm... on what difficulty level ???
That would be quite an achievement if you played on hard or very hard and with 1 life (my rule is: no loading previous save game on death - just starting a new game).

I'm near to killing my self right now.. I started playing ME2 for the fourth time yesterday and chose the vanguard class. Vanguard is the most retarded and dumbass class I've ever seen, the only thing he can do is a suicide attack. Yes, I know you're supposed to use it on the last enemy of a group but during the whole fight with heavily armoured enemies the vanguard is so fucking useless, it's ridiculous really.
GODDAMNIT this class may be the single thing I despise most in my whole life. -1000 fun and it's ridiculously hard (playing on extreme).
I also read the guides and watched vids, seems like vanguard gets super powerful with lvl 25+ or something but that makes everything even more retarded.
So frustrated right now, I spent 12 hours playing, better: working. And now I have to start all new again. Argh.

I'm near to killing my self right now.. I started playing ME2 for the fourth time yesterday and chose the vanguard class. Vanguard is the most retarded and dumbass class I've ever seen, the only thing he can do is a suicide attack. Yes, I know you're supposed to use it on the last enemy of a group but during the whole fight with heavily armoured enemies the vanguard is so fucking useless, it's ridiculous really.
GODDAMNIT this class may be the single thing I despise most in my whole life. -1000 fun and it's ridiculously hard (playing on extreme).
I also read the guides and watched vids, seems like vanguard gets super powerful with lvl 25+ or something but that makes everything even more retarded.
So frustrated right now, I spent 12 hours playing, better: working. And now I have to start all new again. Argh.

Bioware games are funny like that, you're best off going full soldier, full tech or full biotic. The in-between classes always end up being useless.

Nah man, sentinel (tech/biotic) is by far the best class in the game IMO, though I guess you were going more for a challenge, Max, which is why you picked the worst :lol: But seriously, tech armor is so fucking useful, especially when you get swarmed by those infuriating husks

Nah man, sentinel (tech/biotic) is by far the best class in the game IMO, though I guess you were going more for a challenge, Max, which is why you picked the worst :lol: But seriously, tech armor is so fucking useful, especially when you get swarmed by those infuriating husks

Soldier class with Geth Shield as a bonus power rapes.

Though I tend to take Tungsten Ammo, so that stuff is well dead before it gets anywhere near me. :oops:

Haha yeah I picked it because it's said to be pretty hard but fun.. But seriously, playing as vanguard is worse than wiping shit from someone else.
I finished the game as soldier, infiltrator and adept. Soldier felt a bit overpowered, I loved infiltrator and adept is beyond epic..
Thought I tried something new this time, but vanguard is definitely not *my* class. Might go with sentinel now, or perhaps infiltrator again because being invisible rocks :lol:

this is beyond awesome!
Didn't know about this mod
thanks for the link
Yeah I just found out about it the latest PC Gamer , apparently this guy has been making these mods for HL2 for 5 years. You can still download the earliest versions if you wanted to on that site. But yeah I played it and it makes the game look SO much better.

On Mass Effect I like to use a tank and let the "magical powers" suff to my allies. The Vanguard´s attack looks awesome and it´s great for flanking, but on a harder difficult it must be pretty kamikaze.

FNV has its epicness in side quests, not in the main quest line.

Maybe you´re right. I only did the sidequests on Freeside and it was so boring that after that I sticked to the Yes Man main quest until the end. The hover dam battle was really bad, can´t even compare with the last battle on Fallout 3 where you strike with a whole army and a giant laser robot.

All American, Gobi Campaign Scout Rifle.

Haven´t seen any of these. The best guns I´ve found were 10mm SMG (always ammoless) and Hunting Rifle (that was a piece of shit). Got some nice laser weapons from the Brotherhood, but as my skill at laser was so low I sticked with the concrete rebar, that was much more powerful, had better aim, didn´t used ammo and was always at top condition. :lol: The only enemies that gave me problems were the Cazadores (that giant wasp).

Hmm... on what difficulty level ???
That would be quite an achievement if you played on hard or very hard and with 1 life (my rule is: no loading previous save game on death - just starting a new game).

I played on the normal level, without hardcore mode. Focused on Guns, Repair and Barter, but when I realized that the guns were so weak, slow and terrible to aim, and the cities were so huge that it was a pain to find the weapon/ammo dealers, I focused on max Repair, Medic and Melee.

Dead Rising 2 - I'm so pissed off that I bought this. I shouldve read reviews because the first one pissed me off too. I thought for sure they wouldve done something different. It's literally the same game, reskinned, with a few new weapons and shit. Let me restart a fucking mission for god sakes, I dont wanna go all the way back to my last save point. shit is ridiculous. Not to mention you have to spend a stupid amount of time leveling up just to be able to make the game tolerable. $50 down the drain.

One sentence was not enough for this rant.