Rate Last Videogame you played , write a one sentence review.

Deus Ex often comes out tops on greatest game of all time polls for a reason. I like what I've read/seen so far. With a game like that, few will care about graphical details and certain mechanics being broken. You're mistaking the forest for the trees. If you want a shooter-on-rails derpfest, you're playing the wrong game.

you don't need to play the original deus ex to get into the new one, but you need to play the original deus ex, period.

These men speak the truth - play it until you make it onto Lebedev's 747, and if you're still not hooked, you probably won't ever be

I found the controls to be very fluid on both Mass Effects, so much so that I'm probably going to get ME:3 for xbox rather than pc.

ME2 I agree, but apparently ME1 on PC had massive improvements in the inventory (and I think combat) system (since it came out a few months after the 360 version) - on the other hand, if you play ME1 on PC you can't import your savegame into ME2 on the 360, so nevermind I guess :lol:

I'm actually playing ME on PC. I always have a bit of trouble getting used to game controls at first, especially for shooter style games, so the clunkiness could very well be me and not the game.

Well, afaik the pc version is pretty much a port of the console one, so the entire game is heavily streamlined for gamepad use.
I haven't played it on pc though so I have no idea how well the controls translate.

God Of War 3 - 9/10. I dont give a 10 because of the double jump, it´s fucking annoying. I died many times because of that shit. Most of the times just didnt do it. Anyway, this might be one of the best trilogy ever. The game it´s fucking epic.

Yakuza 3 - 7/10. The story is really, really well done but sometimes becomes boring hearing so much talk. The fights could be a bit better but they arent bad either. Now I have to try yakuza 4.

I'm actually playing ME on PC. I always have a bit of trouble getting used to game controls at first, especially for shooter style games, so the clunkiness could very well be me and not the game.

I find that 3rd person perspective a little awkward with a mouse, it's definitely better suited to a gamepad, but I played through both games quite easily with just mouse+keyboard. Considering getting a 360 controller though.

Sweet, I want to buy it but it's $70 ($45 in the US, even though its region-free? Fuck off) on Steam and I can find it much cheaper elsewhere.

http://play-sc.com/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-PC-Download-Steam-Key.html
How legit does this look..? It seems to be an official site, Steam keys from the US rather from Australia to get it cheaper. Alternatively, Aussie's, where did you buy yours?

For anyone wanting to buy Deus Ex: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Deus-Ex-Revolution-Standard-Download/dp/B005HRZ29K/ref=pd_ts_zgc_vg_229575_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=1282498162&pf_rd_s=right-5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=507846&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=12XSMHSH499ABGTPT7YJ"]$35 from Amazon[/ame], took all night to process but only an hour and a half to download, installs directly into Steam and includes DLC. Boom.

Alone in the Dark

blogalonedarkbedroom2.jpg

An old favorite! Just got DOSBox installed again so I'm playing these games.

Next up is Quarantine:

Quarantine.png

Modern games really haven't been interesting me at all, other than street fighter.

I can't wait till proper games start coming out again. There's only so long one can sustain themselves on Dirt 3 and Terraria.

Fortunately we have D3, Skyrim, Path of Exile, Dead Island and Borderlands 2 on the horizon, so if all goes well it should be a fairly gaming-filled summer (or fall, for you northern hemisphere folk).

I don't know how people on this board liked Oblivion, but after that and F3 I am not touching anything Bethesda.

I don't know how people on this board liked Oblivion, but after that and F3 I am not touching anything Bethesda.

What was so bad in Oblivion and F3 ?

Are you a member of the crowd that expected Oblivion to be just like Morrowind but with better graphics and F3 like F2 but in full 3d ???

Old eastern masters say: Don't expect things to be some other things and your life will be much more peaceful and happy.

Of course they had some flaws (some easily fixable by mods), but for what they were, both games were really brilliant and i still sometimes play them.

besides, it's been fucking 5 years since they released oblivion, which seemed quite rushed anyways. if the gameplay is smooth, graphics are great, they have more than like 5 voice actors, skyrim will be amazing... now if they'll get the story right as well then it'll be the best game that's been out for years (though i might have to exclude the new deus ex at this point)

much is relaying on the new engine. i always hated the one they used in oblivion, fallout 3 and new vegas. makes the immersion harder to achieve. i want something to blow me away. i have an xbox 360 so that's probably asking too much, but i'll be fine if they'll get the atmosphere right.

Same cut-and-paste Gamebyro shit as before. Watched the gameplay videos, lost all interest. It looks like it plays exactly the same as Oblivion (which I didn't enjoy in the first place). Looks so clunky!

Just be aware that Id Software is published under the Bethesda name so you might want to take off that phrase you just made :p

Doom 3 was a horribad game in my books. Id hasn't made anything more than glorified techdemos since Quake 2.

What was so bad in Oblivion and F3 ?

Are you a member of the crowd that expected Oblivion to be just like Morrowind but with better graphics and F3 like F2 but in full 3d ???

Old eastern masters say: Don't expect things to be some other things and your life will be much more peaceful and happy.

Of course they had some flaws (some easily fixable by mods), but for what they were, both games were really brilliant and i still sometimes play them.

No, but I am a member of the crowd that can't take unbelievably shitty characters, dialogue, quests, on top of broken gameplay mechanics.

I never went past 2 hours into Oblivion which was a woeful experience enough from the get go. The king character in the opening sequence is perhaps the most miserable figure in all of gaming.

F3 plundered the greatness that was fallout for all it's worth and granted, had some interesting locations and some semi decent parts (that vault where the game goes into b/w was pretty cool, if anything because it was creepy as fuck). The chick in Neutron and her terribly unimaginative ton of fetchquests, the shitty children as an obviously bad homage to Lord of the Flies (I wish I could have just killed them, like most of the characters), the pisspoor endgame (you just convince the computer to self destruct???), the horribly shitty "dad" character (voiced by Liam Neeson no less...no great voice actor can save a shit script). All of that + broken gameplay. It was a most regretable waste of time.

Agreed. Rage is hardly inspiring either. It's like they've taken every post-apocalypse cliche and crammed it into a generic corridoor shooter with a pissy arcade racer thrown on top.

Yes, Bethesda tend to make fairly bland, flavorless games. Fallout 3 was obviously an abysmal failure, but then again just about anything would be in the face of the masterpiece that was its predecessor. Oblivion was run of the mill high fantasy, but I still sunk quite a bit of time into it for the grind and exploration factor. If you derive pleasure from those things it looks like Skyrim will let you sink a few days in, which is still a win in my books.

Give The Witcher 2 a chance if you haven't already, it's not that awful by any means, although hardly an RPG in all honesty. Not much in the way of exploration either.