Rate Last Videogame you played , write a one sentence review.

Doom 3 was a horribad game in my books. Id hasn't made anything more than glorified techdemos since Quake 2.

I liked Doom 3. When it was released it had several highlights, such as the blend of survival horror with FPS, the flashlight/gun balance, zero atmosphere parts, great graphics and tons of "extra care" to immerse the player like the PDA with background info, audio clips, scripted events, mindfucks, etc. Remember that nome of that was usual when Doom 3 was released and, along with Call Of Duty, it basically defined the path FPS would take the following decade.

But... unlike the first Doom, it has not passed the test of time. You can clearly see that it has the brilliant mind of Carmack, but not the genious game design of Romero. No offense to Carmack (he´s a hero), but new technologies and great graphics get old, as awesome design and puzzles stay fun. That´s why I still enjoy playing the first Dooms and even the half-baked game that is Quake 1 more than Doom 3.

I expect Rage to be just a better looking version of Borderlands. Won´t make history.

I played the game months ago. I couldnt play much more longer, and it´s fucking hard but for the wrong reasons. Arent the enemies, it´s the fucking LOW AMMO, all the time with low ammo. That fucking sucks. Quake 4 was much better.

Doom 3 was a horribad game in my books. Id hasn't made anything more than glorified techdemos since Quake 2.

I so don't agree with this, DOOM 3 is installed on my computer since 2004 and I still play it on a daily baisis, the engine is wonderful to explore and like MindMunch said, it pretty much has set the path for every other FPS that came after, so it is still my favorite FPS with Quake 1. But I can understand why you don't like the game, it's just not horribad like you stated imo.

I think Raven pretty much screwed up Quake 4 which is sad it could had been way better, the game is fun after you become a semi-strogg (+25% running speed+ strafejumping = quake 2 running speed) one thing that Carmack fucked up badly in ID tech 4 is physics engine, maybe that's why Quake 4 wasn't that good for me, I hope it will get better for Tech 5.

I am pretty sure that Rage will be a crossover of Stalker/Twisted Metal, which is refreshing, yet I am waiting to open the console engine and see the new functions of it.

Cool for you bro, I also hold Mr. Carmack in high regard. But I also hold Mr. Yerli in even higher. They're both yet to deliver something I'd call a "game" rather than a "look what I can do in DirectX/OpenGL". It remains sadly, wank for kids with way too much money for graphics adapters. IMO of course.
edit: Rage looks like something I definitely don't want to play. For all the reasons Ermz has pointed out.

P.S. Yes I am a story/scriptfag. Great shooter mechanics mean nothing to me, i.e., I fucking hate Counter Strike. So please take my extremely opinionated remarks with a grain of salt.

I just wish somebody would make a BETTER Falllout 1, Freelancer, Homeworld 2, or at least another dry sim. Sadly nothing on the horizon but STALKER 2, and I don't hold too high hopes for that, in the event I may be sorely disappointed...

Next up is Quarantine:

Quarantine.png

Modern games really haven't been interesting me at all, other than street fighter.

Quarantine was almost great. Truly imaginative and dystopian, although kinda rough around the edges.

Syndicate, and particularly Syndicate Wars, are something that needs revisiting. Especially in today's political climate with soldiers of fortune openly murdering civilians in countries fighting for basic human rights.

Dead Island next tues for certain! I bought Doom 3 at a Half-Price Books recently for like 5 bucks, played it once through and uninstalled it. Not really too heavy a replay value. Gonna get Rage, fuck it, tech demo or not. Better than Bejeweled or Family Feud: The Game.

Quarantine was almost great. Truly imaginative and dystopian, although kinda rough around the edges.

Syndicate, and particularly Syndicate Wars, are something that needs revisiting. Especially in today's political climate with soldiers of fortune openly murdering civilians in countries fighting for basic human rights.

I thought Syndicate was awesome aside from the clunky interface (3do.) Never got around to playing Syndicate Wars as it's pretty rare on the playstation. If they revisited the series today it'd be a first person shooter :puke:

Been playing Deus Ex for 2 days now, this is spot on. Only thing is, the city could be filled with more people, be more "alive", but in general, this game NAILED the atmosphere, it's so vibey it's incredible. Playing on a PC obviously, for maximum experience ^^

Meh, the atmosphere is that of a generic dystopia in my eyes.
It's gleamed a lot from The Matrix, visually.
The first half an hour was particularly weak, but the game still hasn't really got me that excited.

I so don't agree with this, DOOM 3 is installed on my computer since 2004 and I still play it on a daily baisis, the engine is wonderful to explore and like MindMunch said, it pretty much has set the path for every other FPS that came after, so it is still my favorite FPS with Quake 1. But I can understand why you don't like the game, it's just not horribad like you stated imo.

Seriously? I think that unreal that came in 1998 was much more groundbreaking than Doom 3 in 2005. The game it´s not horribad but far from good IMO. The enemies, the scenarios aren't exciting at all, becomes really boring after a while.

Been playing Deus Ex for 2 days now, this is spot on. Only thing is, the city could be filled with more people, be more "alive", but in general, this game NAILED the atmosphere, it's so vibey it's incredible. Playing on a PC obviously, for maximum experience ^^

Yeah the general "Civilian" or "Working Girl" is not much to talk to which is kind of lame and not what I expected. Does Hengsha only have one side questline? I totally figured there would be more side quests but not much to be had so far. Unless I'm not looking hard enough. Still, fun to play the main quest.

Yeah the general "Civilian" or "Working Girl" is not much to talk to which is kind of lame and not what I expected. Does Hengsha only have one side questline? I totally figured there would be more side quests but not much to be had so far. Unless I'm not looking hard enough. Still, fun to play the main quest.

there's 2-3 side quests each city. and you come back to both big city hubs, they will be differentwith more side quests available and you can find stuff you didn't the first time with your latest augs.

I also disagree with the DOOM 3 HAET. It's a solid-as-fuck game that does exactly what it was intended to do. What the hell did you expect from a DOOM title other than blasting the fuck out of evil shit? I loved people complaining about the flashlight; do these people not get it? It's obviously a way to make the player vulnerable almost 100% of the time. It was fun playing on super insane difficulty with the satan cube thing; forces you to play it quick as shit.

id games are hardly ever revolutionary, but they are always solid pieces of work.

I also disagree with the DOOM 3 HAET. It's a solid-as-fuck game that does exactly what it was intended to do. What the hell did you expect from a DOOM title other than blasting the fuck out of evil shit? I loved people complaining about the flashlight; do these people not get it? It's obviously a way to make the player vulnerable almost 100% of the time. It was fun playing on super insane difficulty with the satan cube thing; forces you to play it quick as shit.

id games are hardly ever revolutionary, but they are always solid pieces of work.

True dat