Rate Last Videogame you played , write a one sentence review.

---EDIT: Thanks, problem solved. ----

Is someone who is trustworthy ( ;) ) and from the US willing to "gift" me Assassins Creed 3 on Steam? I would send you the money with PayPal first, of course.
It's just that it's cheaper in the US. And it would have to be within a day because AC3 is currently on sale.

Hitman Absolution 7,5/10

it was fun but also pretty much try and error, but mostly try, try and try, then try again,
shoot yourself in the head, reincarnate and then try again a few times, at least if you go the "silent" way.

it also had some "story dropouts" where i was like double-u-tee-eff.

it's also nothing like the old hitman games, these were fucking hard and there was no stupid ranking.

in absolution you can simply walk to enemies and fiberwire them, so the game was pretty easy,
the only thing that made it hard that you got minus points for everything...

i got it 50% off on steam so it's ok, i'd be a bit pissed if i had payd the full price though.

Hitman Absolution 7,5/10

it was fun but also pretty much try and error, but mostly try, try and try, then try again,
shoot yourself in the head, reincarnate and then try again a few times, at least if you go the "silent" way.

it also had some "story dropouts" where i was like double-u-tee-eff.

it's also nothing like the old hitman games, these were fucking hard and there was no stupid ranking.

in absolution you can simply walk to enemies and fiberwire them, so the game was pretty easy,
the only thing that made it hard that you got minus points for everything...

i got it 50% off on steam so it's ok, i'd be a bit pissed if i had payd the full price though.

I kinda feel weird about this game too. I really liked the others, but they always kind of had an unfinished feeling to them, but for some reason it wasn't a problem. On Absolution, though, it's really nagging me, but I'm not sure why. It does seem way to easy if you just go in and waste everyone, but that's not really fun for me. I'm also glad I got it on sale.

Far Cry 3

I hadn't read anything about it prior to buying (with vouchers in boxing day sales) so was taken back slightly by the open world and rpg elements.
I'm only a few hours into it, but am finding it pretty fun. More than I was expecting to tbh, I had played about 15 minutes of Far Cry 2 after being a massive fan of the original and was less than impressed by that.

bought shitloads of classics from gog.com during the holidays. so i like adventure games. get over it. :D

The Longest Journey - 8/10

a great, solid adventure indeed, it's strange how i had missed this one back in the 90's - i'm a fan of darker stories so given the direction of the story, i had anticipated a turn for the darker, and there were a lot of ways that could have happened. it never did really happen though, so the emo kid within me deducts 2 points.

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey - 2/10

i'm only an hour or so into the game, but so far it's a huge ass rape of a game compared to the first game of the series.

Abe's Oddysee - 8,8/10

it's amazing how well the artwork and graphics apart from the resolution have stood the test of time. not being able to quick save unlike in its successor is a huge pain in the ass though.

Bulletstorm (on sexbox)

Fun, fun, fun, looks good as well

Last edited by a moderator:
Far Cry 3 - 7/10
I was in the minority of players who actually liked Far Cry 2, i liked it for the freedom of doing all missions in one of the thousands possible ways of my own choice which gave me almost infinite replayability (played it through at least 100 times).

Far Cry 3 has too much of the "story" that forces me to make unrealistic and sometimes extremely idiotic choices in how i approach different problems - for example climbing radio towers without using any improvised safety mechanism lol or silently crawling into some underground compound just to take an uniform from some newbie henchman to see the enemy leaders' face from up close instead of taking the uniform from any other soldier and/or zooming on the leaders face with my powerful digicam...
Add to that the surreal crafting system where i must fucking kill sometimes harmless and sometimes even rare animals to make ammo puches out of their skins (can you imagine how bad the smell would be after few days of having all these skins strapped to your outfit ? hahaha that would make silent melee range kills impossible)... forced reload and replay of missions when i dare to leave the mission area for some reason... free weapons for deactivating jammers...
Played it through one time and uninstalled.

Far Cry 3 - 7/10
I was in the minority of players who actually liked Far Cry 2, i liked it for the freedom of doing all missions in one of the thousands possible ways of my own choice which gave me almost infinite replayability (played it through at least 100 times).

Far Cry 3 has too much of the "story" that forces me to make unrealistic and sometimes extremely idiotic choices in how i approach different problems - for example climbing radio towers without using any improvised safety mechanism lol or silently crawling into some underground compound just to take an uniform from some newbie henchman to see the enemy leaders' face from up close instead of taking the uniform from any other soldier and/or zooming on the leaders face with my powerful digicam...
Add to that the surreal crafting system where i must fucking kill sometimes harmless and sometimes even rare animals to make ammo puches out of their skins (can you imagine how bad the smell would be after few days of having all these skins strapped to your outfit ? hahaha that would make silent melee range kills impossible)... forced reload and replay of missions when i dare to leave the mission area for some reason... free weapons for deactivating jammers...
Played it through one time and uninstalled.

kinda feel this way too. far cry 2 was awesome save for a few little problems, i thought it looked amazing at the time. there were definitely things it did better than fc3 which does indeed feel more linear to me.

Assassins Creed 3: [7/10]

Rented and played for a few days. It was something new for me, and I dug it, so I bought it off Ebay for $35 practically new.

Then

Far Cry 3: [8/10]

First impression - "meh". Then gave it a few hours and was sucked right in. Haven't played any other of the series but I absolutely love the huge open world and the options to do as a please (for the most part). Only thing that irks me is sudden restarts of missions if you get spotted or screw up. Rented this about a week ago and still have it. Will buy.

Got it from Ubisoft for review, loved it. Great game.

I found myself playing the Nine Men's Morris and such games more than the actual game itself!! The one thing that bothered me was how you sort of get thrown all over the map automatically. I haven't touched this game since I rented FC3 :lol: I should get on it now that I purchased the UPlay Passport.

I found myself playing the Nine Men's Morris and such games more than the actual game itself!! The one thing that bothered me was how you sort of get thrown all over the map automatically. I haven't touched this game since I rented FC3 :lol: I should get on it now that I purchased the UPlay Passport.

Have you gotten to the naval battles? That's the best part of the game hands down.