Reading some of the old threads....

Faith

got a hand axe?
Sep 11, 2001
Arizona
www.livejournal.com
you know, it literally made me cry to fully realise that people are so capable of such hurtfull spewing of crap. And I'm talking about both sides, including myself. I try to be a good mother and fience and I try to keep others feelings in mind before mine in everything that I say. I would like to believe that all of us are intrinsicly good people. But in reviewing a lot of the things that were said around the time of the 11th I realise that not all people truely give one shit to how their words and opinions can hurt others. Not even a tactfull waiting of a couple of weeks out of respect for those who were in pain for whatever reason before people said that we deserved this horrible tragedy. And they say that we are monsters..........
My faith in humanity has slipped today.......
I prey for all those that have died and who will die in the times ahead of us, but I will not be ashamed of myself for being American, just as I don't expect anyone else to be ashamed of their herritage. I may not aggree with all of the things that my Government does, but at least we as a people are trying to do good in the world, trying to protect others from the world's bully countries and organizations. I know that some of you are going to say that we are the bullies....but I have to aggree with Ender Wiggin's philosaphy........you strike them hard and fast and don't let them back up to hurt you. People for the most part get the message after that to leave you the hell alone. What I find amuseing is that whenever the fact that Americans and our government HAVE done good and humanitarian things for other people and countries itdoesn't count because we weren't the only ones......well what if we just don't show up the next time there is a natrual disaster in a third world country.......then we would be unfeeling monsters for having so much and not helping others.......anyone see a pattern? I think other countries are warry because in our short history we have risen to become pretty much the most powerfull country in the world in just a couple hundred years. Some people see another 'Roman Empire' on the rise ...... I can see the reasoning behind that....but we have people from every country here......we are your castoffs......those who you did not want ....... is that why you hate us so? You sent us your criminals, your religous outcasts, those who were poor and sick. And we welcomed them all, took them in, and gave them the chioce to become better then what they could have been in their home land. Isn't that what a lot of people are truely angry about? That we took the people that you didn't want and became a good and powerfull people.....and it just happens that that pregidus has been passed down for so long that people have forgotten why it really started so they have to find justification for their pregidouses.............

Without wanting to insult u or show bad feelings I just want to say that sometimes I am wondering of how do u produce this kind of thinking about your country and the world in general.We live in entirelly different worlds.Sometimes what American ppl say seems so alien to me,so utopic,so strangely selfish...Anyway i really mean no harm feelings I just cannot tune with u.

It seems that we have an outrage coming from the unjust way we the rest poor, thirldworld people living in shit holes like Greece, behave to Americans and/or their country. Or is it an explosion of nationatilism?
CHK, chk! Bad thing. I agree with many of the things that you (FAITH) say. But it doesn't make you good if you save one live and kill ten, does it? Why should the world mention all the lives USA saves whereas there are thousands others killed by the actions of the same country? Are you proud of the fact that the gap between your poor and your welthy is the biggest in th whole world. What kind of justice is that? Is there God, just for the white (=good) people. (Do not mistake the white word. It is just a manner of speech.). Huh? Concerning the humitarian actions (charities etc.), do not be naive. The mafia has done many of these things. Are they good?
Do not lose your faith in humanity:
There are still people who listen to metal and to Nevermore...:headbang:

The problem is that you misunderstood the things written here.No-one said you deserved it,no-one said you have to be ashamed of being american.Stay Metal

...The only qualm that i had with people's threads about the WTC destruction, was that it was every single group in the world speaking for themselves, division and separation even in a single country. Rather than being a whole world full of PEOPLE in sorrow and sadness, it was Greeks against Americans against Muslims against Christians against Jews against the world...

Your wars and crusades will not save you now, the terrorists have already won, they have stripped your great country of it's soul. It has divided your races, divided you from simply being human, into being a world full of a million different races, all seeking victory.

I know that not one person here has noticed this. But after the towers had fallen, there was no race, there was no religion, there was no division. Everyone was GREY. Everyone was covered in concrete dust. Americans were grey. Greeks were grey. Australians were grey. Christians were grey. Athiests were Grey. Buisinessmen were grey. The homeless were grey.

This disaster that mankind has brought upon himself has actually been symbolic for something. Amoungst all the chaos and death, there was unity. No division. The christians HELPED the jews. The americans HELPED the muslims. The black HELPED the white.

Some of you were over there, and you wouldn't have even noted this. I am half way across the other side of this earth, and that was the first thing i noticed. Through chaos we re-gain our lost unity with one another.

If none of you noticed this while you were all to wrapped up in your crusades for vengeance and search for someone to blame and murder; Then you and i are two totally different people, and i have sadness for your soul, for you have no thought, no mind.

yeah I noticed it, you also pointed that out a while ago... very very symbolic huh. It is everything I stand for, tolerance and respect... accepting not everyone is like you or believes the same thing but still loving them for being a great human being. fuck man where are peoples heads these days. Create Your Own Religion

okay I think I'm going to do this one point by point so as not to confuse myself, I do tend to be a scattered person ;)

Point 1: I have made my own religon for myself taking bits and peices from many different religons and philosiphies, you know just the stuff that feels right in my soul.....yes I am a verry spiritual person.

Point 2: I grew up in a VERRY mixed and divided cultural area, and I have seen all of the crap that has been passed down for generations fall aside and people helping eachother as best as they can. This is one of the good things that I have seen come out of this ordeal.

Point 3: the reason that there was/is so much media coverage on this topic is that A: it effected families from all over the world B: A large chunk of the governments in this world are going to act on this event now a peice of history. Some things that will happen wil not be good some of the actions will be.....we are all human.

Point 4:I grew up in the lowest class money wise, and even now am not far from that place. But even here there is food to eat for us and rooves over most of our heads. I have faught foreverything I have ever had and cherrish those things for which I have fout to keep and those who have stood by my side......but there are always going to be homeless in every country.......a lot of the homeless here, in no way a majority but it is a lot want to be homless. I know this because I have heard it time and time again. From people I have tried my best to help.

Point 5: there is nothing wrong with being proud of things that your country has done and the history behind it. That is part of what keeps said country going and standing together in the face of disasters along with a strong value for human life. Pride in one's country makes people feel like they are not alone in a verry human way , not like religon.

Point Blue: Mean chicks spit, nice ones swallow, and stupid ones choke!

Point G: I lost it............ummmm..........damn!

Point frog: Nevermore kicks ass!!!

Humbaly psycoitcly feamale,
Faith

I'm gonna say it again. I am Greek American, but it is fucking incredible how my fellow Greeks have fucked their country's image to hell in the eyes of Americans.

It's people like Dragonlord who, by their recent actions in the wake of Sept 11, have just solidified the US/Turkish alliance for the next 50 years. Thanks, assholes. Brilliant.

Yeah, i thought i might have pointed that out before. But it was such a profound thing that it needed saying (the grey dust thing, not the greek thing).

...And i still disagree that Bin Laden did it. No way.

Originally posted by GeniusGonInsane
I'm gonna say it again. I am Greek American, but it is fucking incredible how my fellow Greeks have fucked their country's image to hell in the eyes of Americans.

It's people like Dragonlord who, by their recent actions in the wake of Sept 11, have just solidified the US/Turkish alliance for the next 50 years. Thanks, assholes. Brilliant.
What you mean that the USA really loves TURKEY? Come alive, man. They wouldn't support such a bad country.

Do not blindfold your ears man. This allience has been solidified since the beginning of the modern age, when the US figured out how they can economically exploit TURKEY. The TRK has the full support of the USA; if this is not the case, then why hasn't the Cyprus case reached an end by now?
Nevermind the image. Mind the reflection!

To Faith:

Once and for all stop listening to what other people say. If you are proud being an American, continue to be and don’t take in notice everything it is said. Those who say all these against USA would talk differently if they lived in America. So, don’t bother. You are not responsible for what your President is acting, but you are responsible for having voted for him (and I mean responsible in both good and “bad” things he does). You will always be in the centre of critic, because you are the centre of the world and you just have to live with that.
But you don’t only accept the poor and ill in your country, your system is simply different. For example if I now go to a German bank and tell them that I have a fantastic idea that could bring me much money, but I need their financial support to bring my idea to life, they will either not believe me (because I am so young) or they won’t trust me and they will believe that I will never give them their money back. If I go to an American bank now and tell them the same thing, first of all they will listen to me carefully and then decide if the idea is good or not. But they will take the time to listen to me! If they find my idea good, they will support me and if I succeed, they will take back thrice as much as they gave me to start. If I don’t succeed, well bad luck. But at least they will risk it and trust me. The Europeans wouldn’t risk at all. That’s why in Europe changes nothing and apart from that they are all racists as well, so all the good scientists and intelligent people land in the USA and stay there. And that’s why America is so successful.

And to you Metalized, Mystic Force and Dragonlord, if you don’t like the situation, then propose another solution. How would be better for this world to be ruled? Oh ya, we should all love each other and harm no one. That is utopia.

I am Greek too and I don’t agree with everything the others say. But if the Americans on this board are intelligent and open-minded (most of them are, otherwise they wouldn’t be listening to Nevermore! :), they know that not every Greek is thinking like that. But besides, if 90% of the Greeks are indeed anti-American, then why should we hide it? If our people think like that, then let it be. Everyone carries his responsibility for what he says alone. Apart from Greek, you are a person too and you think in another way.

Metalized:
And for hell’s sake stop this bullshit about Turkey. Turkey is not worse than Greece is. But explain me one thing: You don’t want that America is playing “world-cop”. But then why should they solve the Cyprus problem? They just do what we want them to do, they are not being involved!

Originally posted by metalized
What you mean that the USA really loves TURKEY? Come alive, man. They wouldn't support such a bad country.

Hello my Greek friend,

it might be interesting for you that I`m Turkish.

This is exactly the way it starts: "Such a bad country!"

Okay, so we live in a bad country, are all born bad, have bad attitudes and so on, right? So we are a kind of species wich is less worth than the people of the civilized world, right?

Perfect!

Then just start the right action! We have beautyful skyscrapers in Istanbul. Very high and full of Turks. You don`t know how to fly are Jumbo-Jet by any chance? Ts, ts, ts! Thats sad. I would have had a 3-hours-job for you.

Faithfully yours

The Boxer

P.S.: Believe it or not.... my girlfriend is Greek. And believe it or not: I love her!

I do have to admit that sometimes it's hard to not take some of the things that are said personally, but as with everyone else here I am stating my opnions and asking for clarification when I need it. See, I try to understand things from as many perspectives as I possibly can. and these discussions have helped me with that. But there are some times when I just for whatever reason can't understand some of the opinions. That and I hate the idea that there are people out there that hate me just because I happen to be an American of Irish and Gypsy heritage. It makes no sense to me, that line of thinking. and sometimes I just feel the need to explain things to some of the people who aren't here so by no fault of their own don't see as much of the things going on with the average people here..........that's all.

And as far as the Greek vs. American crap........knock it off, it's juvinile and I think that if everone involved in that specific line of thought and conversation stood back and REALLY thought for a secund you would see that too. *grumbles about a bunch of crackass Jr. High behavior*

well i have to say something. I think that Greeks bahave this way in this situation because many innocence people lost their lives there and your goverment said : "We will take revenge because they hurt our American Image" (ignoring the lives lost). So I Don't give a shit for the lost pride, but i'm really sad for the souls of the dead people. And if you wanna know I'm against terrorism. Also check out the microsoft word trick and search yourself to find out the answers who and why did the attack.....

W A K E U P ! ! !

Originally posted by Narcotic
Also check out the microsoft word trick and search yourself to find out the answers who and why did the attack.....

W A K E U P ! ! !

You don`t mean this Q33NY-bullshit by any chance? They wrote it in nearly every newspaper here in Germany that this flight number is a fake. It isn`t even similar to the real numbers. So it was a "nice" gag, but not more. It`s definitely not enough to prove anything.

Sorry!

Glad you work inthe airline industry, oh did you hear or read it on the radio or onthe hoax site...

READ TEH FUCKEN SITE ASSWIPE, IT MEANS TRANSPORTATION, BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR GODDAM MOUTH, THAT NEWBIES THINK IS THE TRUTH...

CUNT...

don't you refer anything to my mother ok!!!

IF YOU WERE IN A PUB, I WOULD HAVE SMASH YOU