Recabinet 3.1.1 - now with Speaker Dynamics

You can try both, use whichever sounds best. I recently tried a Fireball power section out (into countryman with the thru to a cab for load) and also just the preamp. Using only the preamp yielded better results but some amps could sound better with the power section included, there is no right or wrong way.

i'm a bit confused ..is Recabinet designed for using it with preamps only or with pre+poweramps? i always thought the preamp out should be used but post #17 let me think different :confused:
Kazrog..would you please clarify this?

It can be used either way. Incidentally, the metal clip in the video is just an ENGL e530 preamp into Recabinet.

Doesn't it depend on how the speaker sims were created? Either through a guitar power amp or a solid state amp...but i don't know how it was done (as far as they are normal IR files..but i guess..don't know a different technique)

Doesn't it depend on how the speaker sims were created? Either through a guitar power amp or a solid state amp...but i don't know how it was done (as far as they are normal IR files..but i guess..don't know a different technique)

IRs aren't going to simulate power tube saturation, if that's your question/concern. In any case, the Recabinet 3 library was captured with solid state power.

IRs aren't going to simulate power tube saturation, if that's your question/concern. In any case, the Recabinet 3 library was captured with solid state power.

Yes that was the point....thanks!

And (another question comes to my mind) is the speaker dynamics algorithm completely seperate to the IRs? so if 3rd party IRs could be loaded the dynamics modeling would be still available? A simple on/off for the build in IRs could do same if another IR loader would be used in the chain..
It's all about versatility :)

Yes that was the point....thanks!

And (another question comes to my mind) is the speaker dynamics algorithm completely seperate to the IRs? so if 3rd party IRs could be loaded the dynamics modeling would be still available? A simple on/off for the build in IRs could do same if another IR loader would be used in the chain..
It's all about versatility :)

See my response to this in post #18.

Apologies Shane, I've been meaning to try this for the better part of a week. I've committed myself to giving it a shot tomorrow with the Recto and power soak!

The clips sound really promising. I love how the tones immediately sit back into the mix when the dynamics are cranked up. One of the most annoying things about IRs to me has been the 'stuck mids' feeling, which this seems to combat.

Apologies Shane, I've been meaning to try this for the better part of a week. I've committed myself to giving it a shot tomorrow with the Recto and power soak!

The clips sound really promising. I love how the tones immediately sit back into the mix when the dynamics are cranked up. One of the most annoying things about IRs to me has been the 'stuck mids' feeling, which this seems to combat.

Cool to hear, no worries on the beta participation. "Unfortunately," a lot of people on the beta team are similar to you: in-demand producers, which means that beta participation can be pretty low at times. Thankfully a few testers had time between projects to submit some great feedback, and the release went smoothly as a result.

The "stuck mids" feeling is one of the main reasons for this update. In actuality, the issue was a bigger one, a kind of "stuck everything" feeling, but guitars are mid-range instruments and this is where you will feel the pain in your mixes if they're not sitting right. I'm looking forward to hearing what you do with this plugin.

Thank you Shane! Signal chain is: Schecter C7 Blackjack with Blackouts > BBE Green Screamer > ENGL e530 > Apogee One. No post processing, no HP/LP.

666 views on you tube..

Looks like I watched the video at the right time! :worship:

Very cool cab sim, I will be purchasing!

What is the dynamics knob actually doing? Is it an additional EQ or?? I love the sound! Don't get me wrong...But i'm confused on how you simulated the speaker movement.

What is the dynamics knob actually doing? Is it an additional EQ or?? I love the sound! Don't get me wrong...But i'm confused on how you simulated the speaker movement.

Great question. If it was just a question of EQ, then producers would have been able to make this happen with clever mixing tricks a long time ago.

What Recabinet's Speaker Dynamics is, by contrast, is highly specialized dynamic saturation, designed to replicate the response of a speaker. Unlike an EQ, this adds harmonics and responds to playing dynamics.

I replied in that thread over at the Fractal forum. Spirited bunch over there, as usual.

Lots more things are in the works, I will keep you guys posted, as always. :kickass:

Im not usually one for hysterics, but this thing actually makes a difference. Im not a professional, hardly even good in the bedroom, but just dropping it into an existing project seemed to make the guitars fit, like they dropped down a level and cleared up the space above them. I dont know how to explain it properly but its sounds much more 3D. Definitely gotta spend some time playing with this. :kickass: