Recabinet 3.1.1 - now with Speaker Dynamics

This feels so good to play. Here is a really shitty test for what its worth. I'm using the demo until I get paid in a few hours lol. I tried lining up the dropouts as well as possible

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2113488/Reamp Preview 2.mp3

Also,

"Upgrade from Recabinet 2.x/1.x - $19.99"

You are wonderful for this and I applaud you

Edit 2: fucking autocorrect on my phone. Also the ability to not be able to scroll through these boxes to fix my mistakes

Edit: holy wow, I know my mix is shit seeing as how I chalked up settings and rendered it in about 5 minutes, but listen to how much better it sounds than the version in my sig made a few days ago using typical impulses. Note I also spent a good amount of time trying to get my guitars to sit in my sig

I thought the difference was quite appreciable. As with most types of saturation, it's more of a 'feel' thing rather than night and day. I imagine when playing into it you'd get a more realistic 'real amp' response, and I would hope that when you start tweaking it to sit in a mix with other elements, it would want to do so more naturally.

Listen particularly on the single note riffing. The No Dynamics version sounds stiff, whereas the Dynamics Full version sounds like the riff is blending with the backing.

Add custom IR loading for the win. Shane great work on this. Keep it up!

Btw... The Axe II supposedly already has a feature like this called Motor Drive in the cab block...

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/54267-static-ir-versus-new-dynamic-ir.html

Yep, does an extremely similar thing (if not the same) from my listen to Shanes product. The feeling of playing through it is greater than the audible difference i'd say. Much more bouncy. Having had experience with the Axe II's version of this feature, I'll never switch it off again and obviously this product can be had for a fraction of the price of an axe so its a no brainer i'd say!

I thought the difference was quite appreciable. As with most types of saturation, it's more of a 'feel' thing rather than night and day. I imagine when playing into it you'd get a more realistic 'real amp' response, and I would hope that when you start tweaking it to sit in a mix with other elements, it would want to do so more naturally.

Listen particularly on the single note riffing. The No Dynamics version sounds stiff, whereas the Dynamics Full version sounds like the riff is blending with the backing.

Hmm. In your clip I can kinda hear what you mean, in Shane's video I can't really hear it.

I'm curious about the underlying DSP Shane; what's it actually doing?

Yeah i like the Dynamic version better too. Sounds good enough to use on preprods etc.

Did you use some kind of load-box with the amp Ermin?

The Countryman acted as an extreme pad, with a loadbox paralleled to the input so that the amp wouldn't fry.

I'm unsure about how transparent this method is, as I had to dial the amp in a pretty unorthodox way to get any kind of high end out of it. Shane and I are looking into it. I'm very keen to get amps sounding similar direct in as they do when we mic them in the room.

I tried to get the demo to work on my system for an hour last evening. Then I look at the website, no vista support, that explains why its not working. I know Im the oddball using vista instead of 7 or xp. still kinda a bummer.

Amazing !
I just updated my old Recabinet 2.0 just for this new feature :kickass:
The 19,99$ upgrade is a steal.

I'll try this with my JMP-1 and JCA50H, and post some clips ASAP.
Congrats for the hard work !

I just upgraded but when I try to download my keyfile I keep getting this error on all my browsers

This webpage is not available
Google Chrome could not load the webpage because 184.106.111.114 took too long to respond. The website may be down, or you may be experiencing issues with your Internet connection.

My internet seems to be working fine so I don't know what the problem could be. Any idea?

Edit: Tried the safari link but that didn't seem to work either

I just upgraded but when I try to download my keyfile I keep getting this error on all my browsers

This webpage is not available
Google Chrome could not load the webpage because 184.106.111.114 took too long to respond. The website may be down, or you may be experiencing issues with your Internet connection.

The server must have been down for some reason. I've tested it now and it seems to be up. Probably a momentary outage.

EDIT - probably an issue with your ISP at this point. Check your email, I've sent your keyfile to you. :)

I am deeply impressed by the difference it gives... I am gonna upgrade this asap, for this price it is a total no brainer. EDIT : just realized it's a free update, cool :)

Bought it, but I´m not receiving the promised email for unlocking the demo :cry:
I´ll just have to wait a bit more I suppose...

Anyhow, these "dynamic impulses" have meatier lower mids, more overall crunch to them as well as sounding more organic in general.
The "feel" - while playing - is improved as well.

Nothing mindblowing but I believe that all improvements from now on will come in small steps that together will add up nicely and bring IRs closer to the "real deal".

Update: Shane came to my rescue, and everything is OK now :)