Recabinet

From my remembrance the dynamics knob should be turned up to 100, but the rest down. I can be wrong though.

Actually I think you are right. I think if you turn dynamics all the way down you get wonderful -silence-. Typing in a hurry. :cool:

The Recabinet pdf manual will come out November 4 as a free download, as it applies to both the demo and the full version

Actually I think you are right. I think if you turn dynamics all the way down you get wonderful -silence-. Typing in a hurry. :cool:

The Recabinet pdf manual will come out November 4 as a free download, as it applies to both the demo and the full version

Nah, I usually turn dynamics all the way down, I think it's kinda like a compressor. I don't notice much difference having it all the way down or up, though, so I'm assuming it only effects the amp sims controls?

The new impulses sound way better than those originally in the demo. I still can't get a desirable tone out of them, though. Seems I can't get rid of the muddyness.

Here's a short clip with Revalver MKIII and Recabinet (Quad tracked, guitars panned 100% are the 4x12 and panned 80% are the 2x12): http://www.syliin.com/jarkko/Living jailbait recabinet.mp3
And the same clip with Guitarhack's impulses for comparison: http://www.syliin.com/jarkko/Livingjailbait3.mp3

I hear the different tone in each clip, but I wouldn't call one more muddy than the other.

The GH one smokes the Recab one in those clips- at least on the same cans as last night. Not listening on monitors. The GH is definitely clearer here, and the Recab sounds more 'PODlike', kind of like the tones Meshuggah have been pulling of late.

I DL'd the demo, I think I will be buying the full version. Cool stuff.

Although, in SIR, I have to use the auto gain AND the +12dB boost to get them to an appropriate level. In Boogex, they are nice and loud.

I tend to use SIR, though, because it uses less CPU power than Boogex.

Anyway, These impulses seem to have better mids than a lot of other impulses I've used, which were huge and boomy in the low end, with a scoop it seemed in the mids.

The GH one smokes the Recab one in those clips- at least on the same cans as last night. Not listening on monitors. The GH is definitely clearer here, and the Recab sounds more 'PODlike', kind of like the tones Meshuggah have been pulling of late.

I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Kaz, are you planning on typesetting the manual yourself? Apparently I'm too good with LaTeX for my own good, so if you need a hand with that I'll help a bit... shitty manuals are no fun...

Jeff

Kaz, are you planning on typesetting the manual yourself? Apparently I'm too good with LaTeX for my own good, so if you need a hand with that I'll help a bit... shitty manuals are no fun...

Jeff

Haha, awesome. Thanks for the offer. I'll be writing the manual for the initial release, but I'll keep you in mind if I become too busy to keep up. I would, of course, be offering payment for your services.

An update on the Kefir issue: a fix has been discovered and an updated demo will be issued soon. This update will also fix some moderately severe Revalver issues some people were having as well. Thanks to Wild Hades in particular for helping to isolate the issue!

I will repost as soon as it is up. This technically bumps Recabinet up to version 1.01 for Tuesday's release. :cool:

yeh i noticed when i loaded them in Revalver III they did some weird things
but then i turned the HI RES button on and everything worked cool....

An update on the Kefir issue: a fix has been discovered and an updated demo will be issued soon. This update will also fix some moderately severe Revalver issues some people were having as well. Thanks to Wild Hades in particular for helping to isolate the issue!

I will repost as soon as it is up. This technically bumps Recabinet up to version 1.01 for Tuesday's release. :cool:

Kazrog, this is just a minor thing, but would it be too much to ask that you would remove the .DS_Store files from the zip-file? I mean they are as useless as the Thumbs.db files you get from Windows'

Haha, sorry about those... it's on my list of open items though...

I need to do some testing to make absolutely certain no hosts on the Mac panic without these files. You'd be surprised how important resource fork information can be with audio apps on the Mac that have ties back to the Classic Mac OS (such as Altiverb.)

If they are necessary, I may provide separate Mac and PC downloads so that you don't have to deal with that annoyance.