recent concert thread,,,

Oh well......at least some ppl had fun the past few days.
Did Theory of Practice play? I heard their appearance was in question because they had trouble with their cars or whatever.

Originally posted by Gaunerin
I wonder where John is?! Was he asked by one of the bands to join? :D ;)

yea gauny....I was asked by don dokken to Join.......I got so drunk that I got fired a hour after I Joined.......ha ha ha....no I really did get extremely drunk though:lol: :D .........glad I was missed......the concert was great quiet riot opened and did a good Job( all original members),dokken went next (I believe don was the only original) I was well on my way to drunkeness so the only song I remember was "kiss of death"..... vince neil went next and did all motley crue songs.....rather unexpected..as I do like his solo stuff. tesla was last....by the way tesla is from sacramento where I live...always a favorite!! they were great...can't really say enough about them.....they also have a new album out soon.......also as gauny explained I have a new address.....I HATE MOVING!!!!!!!........... ha ha:D :lol: :p

Originally posted by Iced Spirit
Hey John...where was the show?? Dokken and Tesla ?? I thought we were friends??? How was it?

elly......I'm sorry!! i would have thought you heard about it......do you live on an Island?....ha ha ha.....ok I will tell you about Y&T comming this weekend I believe......well maybe the following weekend(not entirely sure)......:rolleyes: I'm not much help huh??:D

I was at In Flames, Pain & Soilwork yesterday, and I am still deaf ... :D
Stood in the first row on the very right, so about 1 meter away from the ...*thinks of the word* ... those things where the sound comes out :lol: EDIT: SPEAKERS !!! and my right ear is still ringing ... ;)

The concert was actually good, but no more, because I didn't know anything of Pain, only the latest alb of Soilwork and not enough of In Flames (only have the "Jester Race" and "Reroute To Remain").
Soilwork were great IMO, although they didn't play my fave song "Black Star Deciver" :( Pain were much better then expected, a bit too much industrial (keyboards) and ... well, "singing doesn't fit to Peter Tägtgren's voice too good, I like Hypocrisy better :D
I was hoping for "Rosewell 47", but ... damn :( ;)

In Flames were ... good, as I said, but I can't really say much more ... the highlights IMO were "Episode 666" and "Cloud Connected" :)

Let's see what Gauny will write, she is seeing them tonight

sounds like you had a good time corny.......I saw In flames with Iced Earth a few months back....they were really good in concert as was Jag panzer........not as good as the mighty Iced Earth though!!!!!!!!!:D :headbang: :hotjump:

Originally posted by Cornholio
Soilwork were great IMO,

Well......Soilwork were part of why I went to see the gig. I liked their latest release a lot and I thought that this was probably the only chance to see the band performing live.
They did quite well but still I think they were far from being great. Maybe it is because I didn't like the appearance of the vocalist that much.
Btw Corny....did you know that their keyboardist Sven used to be in Evergrey? (I know you're quite new to them, that's why I ask).
Speaking of Evergrey.....I was surprised to see their soundman Arnold being part of the crew.

Pain were much better then expected, a bit too much industrial (keyboards)

Yep, same for me. Too much electronic noises in their music to make me really like the stuff. Still, it's very catchy and works pretty well live.

In Flames were ... good, as I said, but I can't really say much more ... the highlights IMO were "Episode 666" and "Cloud Connected" :)

Oh come on....their set was full of highlights. I definitely missed Jotun but I could think of a couple of other tracks as well. It's always the same with bands that have more than two albums out, I think.
I'm not exactly an big In Flames fan but they are a great live band, that's why I wanted to see them again. They already appeared a bit tired though. Didn't the tour just start?
They guys were dressed in white (! :eek: ) and they had a tasteful decoration on stage. It consisted of the letters "IF" (on a silver backdrop) that were illuminated with lights and a star left and right from the drums also illuminated with lights.

One bad sidenote: a guy, who reminded me a lot of Corny :D , placed himself in front of me which made it hard for me to see a thing at first.

Originally posted by Gauny
They did quite well but still I think they were far from being great. Maybe it is because I didn't like the appearance of the vocalist that much.
I meant they were the best band that night IMO ;)

Btw Corny....did you know that their keyboardist Sven used to be in Evergrey? (I know you're quite new to them, that's why I ask).
Of course I did not know, thanks for enlightening me, Gauny :)

Oh come on....their set was full of highlights.
As I said, I only have 2 CDs, and I don't even know them too well ... I missed "Moonshield" btw, the first IF-song I ever heard on the first "Beauty In Darkness"-sampler.

I'm not exactly an big In Flames fan but they are a great live band, that's why I wanted to see them again.
Well, as I said (I think), they melodies on the CDs get lost during their live shows, that's why I like the CDs beter ...

They already appeared a bit tired though. Didn't the tour just start?
Yes and no ... the played like about 40 gigs in the USA and Canada in September I guess, but the gig you saw was just the 4rth of the European tour ...

One bad sidenote: a guy, who reminded me a lot of Corny :D , placed himself in front of me which made it hard for me to see a thing at first.
It wasn't me !!! :p ;) :D

I turn it back into recent then.....
I've seen Odroerir and Menhir yesterday and it was an Open Air :eek: I can still smell the smoke from the fire we had there in front of the stage......anyways......it's been quite entertaining.
Btw....some of the ppl had impressive drinking horns with them :eek: I somehow feel k-mak would have been very happy there :D

Speaking of Evergrey.....I was surprised to see their soundman Arnold being part of the crew.

Arnold is the sound engineer of In Flames as well, actually In Flames comes first, then Evergrey...

I'd have loved to be there, but I still suffer from the cold I caught at Prog Power Europe. Nico caught one as well...

It would have been nice to meet Sven again... well, next time...

I turn it back into recent then.....
I've seen Odroerir and Menhir yesterday and it was an Open Air :eek: I can still smell the smoke from the fire we had there in front of the stage......anyways......it's been quite entertaining.
Btw....some of the ppl had impressive drinking horns with them :eek: I somehow feel k-mak would have been very happy there :D

Damn, I missed some really good gigs due to my bad cold... :cry:

I've been to Dark Tranquillity yesterday! :headbang:
First band was Griffin, don't know what to think about them (Marlies didn't know either :lol: ) and next was Sinergy. They were ok. Kimberly always talked about "my record" as if the band had nothing to do with it......and for the song "Lead us to war" she let 3 guys from the audience do the backing vocals. hehe....that was funny.

I've seen Dark Tranquillity before but I could not remember much of their show until Mikael entered the stage. After the first few seconds I started to remember their performance I had seen before :headbang: He's very charismatic on stage, with a lot of gestures and facial expressions coming along with the songs. I like that :) I think it also helped he had a couple of beers during the whole show so his acting became more dramatic as the time moved on :D
They played a nice collection of old and new songs, all in all: great band, great gig! :headbang: