Recent Purchases

Keenan - I want a review of that Retinal Circus DVD. I saw it at the record store and was considering buying it.

I finally got it and watched it yesterday. OH. MY. GOD. Retinal Circus is right. There was so much stuff going on, I didn't know what to look at during some songs. It was awesome. However, I don't think this DVD is for everyone.

Before buying it, I'd ask myself these questions :

Do I enjoy Devy's weirdness?
Do I enjoy Devy's sense of humor?
Do I know (basically all) of his lengthy discography? (Because nearly ALL of it is touched upon.

If you said yes to all three, then you'll probably be buying yourself the greatest concert of all time. If not, then you'll be buying yourself a concert that will either confuse or scare you (or both). :lol:

In my personal opinion, I thought that it was basically the greatest thing ever. :lol:

Various Christmas stuff for family
100 Bullets TPB 6 and 7
Invincible Ultimate Collection 3 (CLOSURE WITH OMNIMAN IS NIGH DAMN IT)
Preacher hardcover book 4
Dream Theater - S/T
Dream Theater - Octavarium
Skeletonwitch - Serpents Unleashed
Mahou Sensei Nejima Omnibus 7 (for a friend)
Detroit Metal City book 1

I had a lot of money saved and given to me.

The closure you speak of in Invincible is one of my favorite parts of the whole series. It's fucking great.

*deep breath*

Star Fox (SNES, boxed with manual - I REFUSE to call it "Starwing")
Donkey Kong Country (SNES, boxed with manual)
Animaniacs (SNES, boxed with manual)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Tournament Fighters (Megadrive, boxed with manual)
F-Zero X (N64, boxed with manual)
Official Playstation 2 dual shock controller
Sega Megadrive II AV component cable
Sony CX220E video camera
Dragon Ball Z Budokai 2 (Playstation 2)
Super Nintendo NTSC-to-PAL converter (plays US and JP games on EU consoles)
A fucking sweet trench coat
M-Audio Studiophile AV40 studio monitors

*breathes*

Yes and no. This is over the course of the past month or so really, and admittedly I went half on the camera :lol: But yeah, I did get some money as well. Most of those boxed video games were at my local Playtime Multimedia store and at their prices, I simply couldn't pass up on them; A boxed copy of Donkey Kong Country with the manual (for example) would set you back a bare minimum of £40 online, so picking it up for £20 was something I couldn't refuse. I've scrimped as much as possible and I've still come out on top so far :p

The trench coat was £35 though, which is a bit hefty on my finances for what's essentially a gamble purchase off eBay. Little information on it, but the size is right and it looks like the sort of thing I've been after for a while so we'll just have to wait and see. The speakers are the big one, they were £100 hahaha! Now I'm broke until January 14th :p

..and I always thought you live near poverty :zombie:
well my purchases always go either in band merch or just Cd's or for shows. I just can't resist. Speakers for 100?? that's a fuckin joke, man.

Totally forgot: I also bought myself a book - since a long time. Hope I get to read something interesting out of it.

I know I need some therapy...

Mass Effect Trilogy
Thinksound Rain earbuds
Mass Effect Soundtrack
Superman : The Movie rental
Superman : The Movie soundtrack

James LaBrie's Mullmuzzler - Mullmuzzler 2
Mastodon - Remission
Steve Wilson - The Raven that Refused to Sing (And Other Stories)

Saga of the Swamp Thing Volume 2 TPB

Having discovered that Steven Wilson is awesome, I also bought these :

Porcupine Tree - In Absentia
Steven Wilson - Insurgentes
Storm Corrosion - Storm Corrosion