Recomend me some music! thread

Keenan, you better acknowledge that bloody Swano post!! :lol: (I know you have a life and that... ha)

Also, have you heard the Swedish band Seventh Wonder? I just listened to Mercy Falls and (I think) it's right up your alley... a progressive metal concept album reminiscent of Dream Theater's Metropolis Pt. 2. Definitely worth checking out ;)

I'm looking forward to listening to the rest of their albums myself.

I'm with you on that, it's definitely the keyboard playing which makes it so unique. Have you listened to Nightingale, another of his bands? Less metal but still proggy... I really like Invisible and I, but they're all decent. Not sure what to recommend though to be honest 'cause I don't really know anything which sounds like Moontower! I've always thought that album was like, Opeth and Dream Theater's lovechild.

Erm, have you heard Gonin-Ish? If not give their second full length a listen (I've not heard the first one). You might dig that... again crazy Jap stuff but if you can get past that then it's some good heavy prog stuff.

Funny you mention me recommending you some Swano type stuff anyway 'cause the other day I posted this in the 'Last album listened to' thread and it was mainly directed at you :loco:, then we went onto the next page and I think you'll have missed it...

It's a bit heavier than Moontower and doesn't have all the synth but it's a good listen, oozing with Swano class. Definitely check it out, the first track had me sold - super catchy riff.

Listened to two Nightingale songs. Dreamreader and Eye for an Eye. Definitely buying that album like, right the hell now. :lol:

Listening to The Math of the Myth from that Witherscape album you posted. Definitely gonna have to buy that too. :lol:

Also, have you heard the Swedish band Seventh Wonder? I just listened to Mercy Falls and (I think) it's right up your alley... a progressive metal concept album reminiscent of Dream Theater's Metropolis Pt. 2. Definitely worth checking out ;)

I'm looking forward to listening to the rest of their albums myself.

Nope. Never heard of them. Listening to them now though! Welcome to Mercy Falls starts with one badass riff. Daaaaamn.

OH MY GOD. THESE VOCALS.

I'm totally about to blow up the Recent Purchases thread. :lol:

Thanks, Podgie! :D

Symphony of the Night is fucking COOL. But yeah, predictable I know but I enjoyed all the 'metal' ones the most I think. Wild 9, Symphony of the Night and all the Guilty Gear stuff gave me a raging boner. Will give it all repeat listenings, for sure.

Few more for the D-T list: Assorted Heap, Agressor, Assuck (well, to an extent), Burnt Offering, Dead Orchestra, Epidemic, Hypnosia, Invocator, Loudblast, Merciless, Mercyless (don't confuse the two), Incubus/Opprobrium, the first Pestilence album "Malleus Maleficarum", Possessed, Raydead, Revenant, Ripping Corpse, Seregon, Silent Scream, Skeletal Earth, Thanatos, Torturer, Vulcano, Warlord UK

That's what I have in my library bar the other/obvious ones mentioned. I'm sure there're a few I've missed out accidnetally.

Almost funny to read that list when having almost all those band's albums in collection..haha. But can't really get into Vulcano.

Back again, Podgie! (And anyone else who wants to chime in :lol: )

This time, I looking for something similar to Obscura, Persefone, Cynic, Atheist, etc. Some really good, progressive death metal (Fretless bass is a plus!), hopefully without some shitty vocals. I'm looking into Beyond Creation now, but... I dunno. Something about them just doesn't grab me.

Anything you can think of off the top of your head?

It was super effective! That song was kinda awesome. :lol:

This song got me hooked on this band. I mean HOOKED. They're dominating my Windows Media Player since I found them.

Last edited by a moderator: