Recomend me some music! thread

That's pretty much the best of death/thrash right there guys, :kickass:

Another couple of additions are maybe Infected's Dark Century and Disciples of Power's Powertrap.

Also, +2 :zombie: points for Devastation.

maudlin of the Well (capitalization intended)

I know some of you may have heard them before, but they're avant-garde metal from Boston. Da tunes feature elements of doom metal, indie rock, jazz, progressive rock, psychedelic rock, progressive metal, death metal, as well ambient passages and other such instrumentations and sounds.

They've released four albums anyway and they're all good, but I like the first three best. :worship:

Fans of Opeth, My Dying Bride, Cynic, Phlebotomized, etc. Dan Swanö's stuff, prog... check this shit out yo

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, with Devastation everyone tends to start off with Idolatry. It's hard to really best that. Signs of Life is amazing too, but Violent Termination... eh. Needs completely re-recording I'd say.

Yeah, I'd agree with that Dave.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guttural+Secrete+-+Nourishing+The+Spoil+(2013).jpg

This new Guttural Secrete is BRUTifAL! :zombie: :kickass:

Sick and riffy and slammy everything that it good about brutal death metal :puke:

Tribulation are real cool, looking forward to their new album. Repugnant rule too...

Anyway!

I thought I'd recommend Eroded, Japanese death/grindcore. They only released one album IN but track it down and check it out. It's awesome. So much so that if it doesn't get you banging your head and tapping your feet I'll personally come to your house and do your laundry for a month... and I hate doing laundry!!

I hate having to wait for albums to be released in the U.S.

I plan on the buying the following in the next few months:

New Gamabomb, new Immolation, new Arsis and the new Sodom!:kickass::headbang:

I was listening to Moontower by Dan Swano this morning and was wondering if you guys know of any albums that sound similar. (Mainly Podgie. :lol: )

I think it's the keys/synths that make it sound so unique, so I was wondering if there were other albums with the same vibe.

I was listening to Moontower by Dan Swano this morning and was wondering if you guys know of any albums that sound similar. (Mainly Podgie. :lol: )

I think it's the keys/synths that make it sound so unique, so I was wondering if there were other albums with the same vibe.

I'm with you on that, it's definitely the keyboard playing which makes it so unique. Have you listened to Nightingale, another of his bands? Less metal but still proggy... I really like Invisible and I, but they're all decent. Not sure what to recommend though to be honest 'cause I don't really know anything which sounds like Moontower! I've always thought that album was like, Opeth and Dream Theater's lovechild.

Erm, have you heard Gonin-Ish? If not give their second full length a listen (I've not heard the first one). You might dig that... again crazy Jap stuff but if you can get past that then it's some good heavy prog stuff.

Funny you mention me recommending you some Swano type stuff anyway 'cause the other day I posted this in the 'Last album listened to' thread and it was mainly directed at you :loco:, then we went onto the next page and I think you'll have missed it...

Witherscape

1375111305_2013.jpg

The LEGENDARY Dan Swano and some guy with an immensely dodgy 'tashe collaborate on this catchy as hell progressive death metal (masterpiece? Yeah... maybe a bit much, sounded good though) ANYWAY - why am I only listening to this now?!?!

It's a bit heavier than Moontower and doesn't have all the synth but it's a good listen, oozing with Swano class. Definitely check it out, the first track had me sold - super catchy riff.