Recomend me some music! thread

Yeah, it's superb isn't it. If you haven't checked out any of their other stuff yet I'd recommend The Spectral Sorrows and Purgatory Afterglow (my personal favourite).

I seem to remember Dave saying the same thing about that album once or twice..... I'll have to check it out at some point when I have some spare money.

EDIT : Needed some music to listen to while using the laptop, so I'm actually listening to the whole thing on Youtube. :lol: It's awesome.

Been meaning too, just never got around to it. Will probably buy it on Friday though.

I recommend this to all of you who enjoy orchestral music.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBuIbjIvoko&feature=relmfu[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Only listened to the first five minutes, but that song was cool. I may buy that album with my Amazon gift card money...

I'd get Tortured Existence first, just so you can warm up to the band before getting the mind-shatteringly heavy Epidemic of Violence. Seriously, that album is fucking heavy as hell.

I RECOMMEND THIS TO THE HIGHEST LEVEL.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydR5SCDtt9k&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_oic_zbU4c&feature=relmfu[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQYFedk8EBQ&feature=relmfu[/ame]

Both Demolition Hammer albums are great. Most people prefer Epidemic of Violence. Personally, I prefer Tortured Existence. That sweet stream of Hydrophobia, Mercenary Aggression and Paracidal Epitaph just rules so much...

You'll end up getting both of them probably, so don't sweat it so much! :)

Both Demolition Hammer albums are great. Most people prefer Epidemic of Violence. Personally, I prefer Tortured Existence. That sweet stream of Hydrophobia, Mercenary Aggression and Paracidal Epitaph just rules so much...

You'll end up getting both of them probably, so don't sweat it so much! :)

I can only totally agree with you! Tortured Existence has an unbelievable raw and powerful sound. The beginning riff of Paracidal Epitaph is just too great.
The only unnecessary album is probably Time Bomb.
Epidemic of Violence rules too..

Hey all!

Yes, I am a newbie and need some direction. I enjoy instrumental neo-classical metal, progressive metal, tech metal, etc as long as it is instrumental. I do enjoy symphonic metal but if everyone can direct me to some bands to check out, I would appreciate it. Being a musician, I enjoy looking for inspiration. I enjoy Yngwie Malmsteen, Joe Stump, Rhapsody Of Fire, Animals As Leaders, Canvas Solaris, Rush and the like. So, if everyone can give me some ideas based on what I have listed, it would be most excellent!!

Thanks much!!

The last few posts from metallica144 have been pretty prog metal-y. Haken, Constantine and a few others from the last few pages should be what you're looking for.

Other bands I suggest :

Dream Theater (Obviously)
Disillusion
Iced Earth (not really progressive, but they're singers have a similiar vibe to the bands you mentioned)

Other bands I suggest, but you my not like because they're more death metal than prog :

Obscura
Persefone

EDIT : "As long as it is instrumental"

Oh wow, I missed that. Ignore this whole post then.

Hey all!

Yes, I am a newbie and need some direction. I enjoy instrumental neo-classical metal, progressive metal, tech metal, etc as long as it is instrumental.

I do enjoy symphonic metal but if everyone can direct me to some bands to check out, I would appreciate it.

Being a musician, I enjoy looking for inspiration. I enjoy Yngwie Malmsteen, Joe Stump, Rhapsody Of Fire, Animals As Leaders, Canvas Solaris, Rush and the like.

-Jeff Loomis and Liquid Tension Experiment might fit your instrumental appetite.
-Since you said you also like prog and you enjoy Rush, I recommend King Crimson in a heartbeat.
-For some reason Meshuggah also comes to mind in terms of tech metal, Nevermore too.
-Symphonic Metal, try Epica and Nightwish (a bit of a newb in this genre), even Fleshgod Apocalypse if you like Death Metal too
-IMO look up Jeff Waters' work as a guitarist.

...this is coming from a somewhat inexperienced member, I'm sure someone else will be there to recommend you other stuff, but this is just my opinion one what to check out.