Recomend me some music! thread

Yeah man, the album has been added to my 'to listen to' list... I'll give it a proper listen sometime soon.

As for Gorod, yeah, you should give them a bit of time. Leading Vision is very good, and I liked their next album Process of a New Decline a lot too (a bit more than Leading Vision I think). They have a new one coming out very soon, looking forward to it!

You may have seen me post about that band Christian Mistress... Well, they're really good. They rock my socks off and put a smile on my face. If you have time I dare you to listen to this band and tell me they're not fucking good.

Listen to Agony & Opium

Well, i read you wrote 'bout a doom/stoner band. I'll search their music. I don't know if you have listened this one, but in this doom vain i recommended you a band from the NWOBHM, Witchfinder General, specially the song with the same name from the album Death Penalty. Another band, considered pioneer of doom with Candlemass and Saint Vitus, is Trouble. I recomended you all the first album, with the same name, but better known as Psalm 9. Is a little known band that I consider should have more credit that they got. Another great albums I recommended you are:

-Loose N Lethal by Savage
-Killing Time by Sweet Savage
-Time of Changes by Blitkrieg
-Honour and Blood by Tank

All from the NWOHBM movement, that's I'm hearing now, and are amazing albums. And I recomended you a very little known Italian band from early 70's, Procession, and their album Frontiera, from 1972, is a conceptual album 'bout migration with Hard Rock, Acoustic music, Doom, Speed and also Trash. An absolute geme I consider that should be known.

Definitely Witchfinder General should be know to anyone who likes stoner rock/doom. The only band from the NWOBHM that I know in doom metal. Your from Sheffield, like Def Leppard. I don't know if you like or not for the way they took in the middle 80's, but I've hear their first works and in the NWOBHM era they really Rocks. Getcha Rocks Off, Wasted or Another Hit and Run are great songs from the band. I don't like so much the style they took after, but they had their time.

Avenger of Blood anyone?

Songs from their album Death Brigade keep coming up while listening to the Evile station I created on Pandora.

Did a search and found out that Avenger of Blood is from Las Vegas. They must be on hiatus though...haven't seen anything about them in the local metal scene.

The SNK Sound Team. No, I will not stop bigging them up - anybody who likes instrumentals, variation, epicness and technical proficiency in their music will absolutely love some of SNK's arranged soundtracks.

Seriously. Fanboyism aside, I actually love this stuff far more than any band these days.

Everyone should listen to old school blink-182. Cheshire Cat, Dude Ranch and Buddha. All classics. That's my contribution to this thread for the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am.
Alot of my friends listen to them, and I have only caught snippets. At least this way if I don't like they I have actually made an effort to listen to it, not just saying "Oh everyone likes that so it must be shit."

Woo! :D
:lol:

All the albums that come after the three above are alot more.... Mainstream I guess you could say, but Buddha, Cheshire Cat and Dude Ranch are almost punk and have a totally different feel to them.