Recomend me some music! thread

earth_bees-made-honey-in-the-lions-.jpg

Earth - Bees Made Honey In The Lions Skull

I really like the step in fluid.

Saw Huntress last night and they fucking rock! Love the vocals and the rest of the band played with high energy. Worth seeing if they play a venue near you.

Last edited by a moderator:
DROOP

these girls knew how to fucking destroy a stage and do it right

Everyone should check them out ASAP

...and some band that used to do Metallica covers. Can't remember their name for the life of me...

Evile? I sure wish those guys would put out some original stuff instead of being uninspired metallica clones like 90% of modern thrash.

Listen to Lou Reed and Metallica's Lulu instead. Thats some inspiring stuff!

Crypt of Kerberos - Cyclone of Insanity
l.jpg

I thought I'd recommend this little 2 track demo/single with you all because I've been listening to it regularly for a couple of years now and it never fails to entertain me. The two songs on here are, in my opinion, as good as anything the Swedish death metal scene of the early 90s ever produced... so if you're interested in that scene (bands like Entombed/Dismember/Edge of Sanity etc.), or old school death metal in general then definitely check this out. You won't be disappointed. I think it's a real gem!

Dan Swano - Moontower

If you like Opeth, Dream Theater, and prog in general then you'll like this album. It's like, I dunno - if Rush played death metal. In the 70s.

(I just posed the first track. The album should be listened to in full, of course.)

That was..... Really fucking awesome! I'm totally gonna buy that cd on friday. I listened to a bit of Edge of Sanity's "Crimson" because it was in the recommended videos on the side and that was badass too! Will probably pick that up as well.

Haha, you know what Keenan? I just came back here to post Crimson because I've just listened to it three times in a row :lol: (I haven't listened to it in ages!!)

Definitely pick them both up. Excellent investments :)

EDIT - for those of you who don't know what we're on about...