Recommend me good bands with female voice

oh yeah i forgot about The Gathering (who someone mentioned).. Anneke's voice actually isnt too bad (though a bit nasally and whiny in some parts..man someone will kill me if he reads that..you know who you are :wave: ) but, for not liking 'chick metal' theyre really quite ok.

Yngtchie Blacksteen said:
Blackmore's Night, really great band, Ritchie Blackmore's solo project with his wife on vocals. Fires At Midnight would be a good place to start if you want to start listening to them.
In my opinion, a female voice doesn't get any better than Candice Night.
She doesn't sing metal, but she could very easily if she wanted to. Just saw them live and she was unbelievable, just perfect. I love this band.

"LUNATICA" is a new band with female vocals. I listened the samples and it is not bad... melodic power metal in style.

In my opinion, a female voice doesn't get any better than Candice Night.
She doesn't sing metal, but she could very easily if she wanted to. Just saw them live and she was unbelievable, just perfect. I love this band.

For me female voices dont get any better than Irish Folk Singer Lisa Hannigan. No definately not metal. She mainly just does backup singing for this other dude, and has covered a few songs, but her voice is pure sex. Just the most deliciously seductive voice I've ever heard.

Metal Immortal said:
Ayreon. They use male and famale singers, but Arjen never picks a bad singer. ....Except that asshole from Opeth. I hate his growls.

:OMG: I found Mikael's Growls one of the best in death or black metal at the moment

Metal Immortal said:
Ayreon. They use male and famale singers, but Arjen never picks a bad singer. ....Except that asshole from Opeth. I hate his growls.
His clean singing is the best on the album!

Calling him an asshole because you don't like it...Well enough said!

SilentRealm said:
For me female voices dont get any better than Irish Folk Singer Lisa Hannigan. No definately not metal. She mainly just does backup singing for this other dude, and has covered a few songs, but her voice is pure sex. Just the most deliciously seductive voice I've ever heard.
I'm curious.....going on her website to see if I can download some samples.
Never heard of her, thanks for the mention.

Metal Immortal said:

Bad singer?
Ass hole?

You just don't know what you are talking about dude...wake up :wave:

Ayreon. They use male and famale singers, but Arjen never picks a bad singer. ....Except that asshole from Opeth. I hate his growls

see the people jump on him for this comment :lol:..but piss off! i hope youre joking! Mikael rocks and his growls are the best of any in my opinion.. sexy as hell.

SilentRealm said:
see the people jump on him for this comment :lol:..but piss off! i hope youre joking! Mikael rocks and his growls are the best of any in my opinion.. sexy as hell.
I keep forgetting that children post out here and I also hope that metal immortal was only joking otherwise he's got some problems.