Recommend me good bands with female voice

female vocalists cant handle the high tempo songs(except the chick in sinergy)st doesnt work for them.If u see all these bands make mid tempo or slow songs.By the way im not sexist its just my opinion

@metal immortal: last i checked.. opeth isnt a female singer, why youre flaming him on this thread makes no sense.. so stop being a shit stirrer (p.s. your taste is whats out your ass if you dont like his vocals, trauma is the best song on the human equation and a large part of that is due to the fact that he growls)

the closest any female metal singer comes to what I like to listen to is Irene Jansen, but her lower register isnt that great, alot of times she is offkey. If she worked on that, she would be an awesome singer. But really most female fronted stuff just isnt that good. It's too monotonous, they only ever seem to do the angelic thing or the opera thing, its really quite boring.

symphonyXjapan said:
Whoa! Joanne Hogg is the singer of not only a band but a prog band? I recognized her name because she did a vocal track in a videogame called Xenosaga. I had no clue she was actually in a band, I just figured she was a decent singer that was pulled off the street somewhere to sing a song in a videogame hehe.

Yes, she has also contributed on some PS. games with her voice, but in fact she is a great singer in a celtic-prog rock band called "iona". I dont know the similarity between the game stuff and her band cause I never listened her in a PS. game ?? How are the songs. Are they celtic music in style ?

turke said:
Yes, she has also contributed on some PS. games with her voice, but in fact she is a great singer in a celtic-prog rock band called "iona". I dont know the similarity between the game stuff and her band cause I never listened her in a PS. game ?? How are the songs. Are they celtic music in style ?

Actually, a lot of the music in Xenosaga has a celtic influence to it, including the song that Joanne Hogg sings. The song she sings is called "Pain" and the music of the song is pretty wind instrument friendly. The song is more of a pop song and is simple and unconmplex. Although I always thought her voice and the wind/celtic instruments made the song decent. The song plays over a dramatic scene near the end of the game.

SilentRealm said:
For me female voices dont get any better than Irish Folk Singer Lisa Hannigan. No definately not metal. She mainly just does backup singing for this other dude, and has covered a few songs, but her voice is pure sex. Just the most deliciously seductive voice I've ever heard.

Oooh, you got me excited :) Any song you can recommend SilentRealm?(for me the most beautiful voice, is Enya which is no way metal. I am still a big enya fan :loco: )

FOr the topic starter, the only female rock bands i like are evanescence and lacuna coil.

SilentRealm said:
@metal immortal: last i checked.. opeth isnt a female singer, why youre flaming him on this thread makes no sense.. so stop being a shit stirrerQUOTE]

While I agree that Metal Immortal is a shit-stirrer, you still have to admit...Opeth sure does suck.

Insidious Tangerine said:
While I agree that Metal Immortal is a shit-stirrer, you still have to admit...Opeth sure does suck.
You can't say Opeth sucks, you can say you don't like them or that it isnt your style, but musically speaking Opeth is a great band

actually theyre my fav band in line with SyX. The music is superb (very well written I believe), his clean voice is heavenly in a folky masculine way, and his death voice makes me wanna rip his clothes off and do very bad things to him, so no I wouldnt agree with that at all ;)

SilentRealm said:
actually theyre my fav band in line with SyX. The music is superb (very well written I believe), his clean voice is heavenly in a folky masculine way, and his death voice makes me wanna rip his clothes off and do very bad things to him, so no I wouldnt agree with that at all ;)

No, they suck.

1.My fave female singer has always been Suze De Marchi. She's more hard rock than metal...but she is still great and she married Nuno B.

2.When Arkefeldt growls i like to rip off my own clothes and do very bad things to myself.

3.Shit stirrers should not forget to lick the spoon when they are finished.