Recommend me good bands with female voice

Riceloft said:
Sinergy - Alexi from Children of Bodom does their guitar work :cool:

Alexi looks like a girl. Check them out indeed.

As far as female vocalists in metal, most have already been named. Tristania and Lacuna Coil. Though Tristania has those "male vocals" you seem to have a distaste for. Check out Thor's Hammer as well, not proggy though. More doomish than anything and they sing in their own tongue, but a male sings in that band also.
I suggest opening your mind and do not let some of the deep growling vocals to bother you.

SanSebastian1190 said:
Oratory, Dark Moor, Within Temptation, The Gathering, Theatre of Tragedy, Rain Fell Within, Beyond Glory, Tenebrae, A Dawn Within, Ottoman Empire, Warlock/Doro, Cranberries, Scandal, Heart.

Don't you dare suggest a band as crappy as Tenebrae to anyone ever again. ;)

I am really surprised that nobody here ever mentioned ""IONA"". I think they are the greatest prog. rock band with a female voice nowadays. I adore Joanne Hogg's voice. Please check them out.
www.iona.uk.com

Poison God Machine said:
Interesting. I'll probably check them out later.

As for good female fronted prog, I'd also say that Lana Lane is also really good. Great voice.

I second Lana. The Star One live album has some great female vocals, as well. To connect it all, Arjen played guitars on one of Lana's albums. I have that one and it has a few good songs!

turke said:
I am really surprised that nobody here ever mentioned ""IONA"". I think they are the greatest prog. rock band with a female voice nowadays. I adore Joanne Hogg's voice. Please check them out.
www.iona.uk.com

Whoa! Joanne Hogg is the singer of not only a band but a prog band? I recognized her name because she did a vocal track in a videogame called Xenosaga. I had no clue she was actually in a band, I just figured she was a decent singer that was pulled off the street somewhere to sing a song in a videogame hehe.