Recommendation Thread

Graft

Soon to be discontinued
Dec 29, 2005
Well i been listening to Dredg, Interpol, Riverside and of course Porcupine tree.

im searching for similar stuff can someone recommend please?

cheers.

A friend of mine who really likes Porcupine Tree is also a huge fan of Skyclad. I personally don't listen to either that much so I can't make a specific recommendation, but it might be worth checking out.

Well i been listening to Dredg, Interpol, Riverside and of course Porcupine tree.

im searching for similar stuff can someone recommend please?

cheers.

Anathema's newer stuff. First and foremost.

Oceansize, the Gathering, Magenta Skycode, perhaps Massive Attack, John Frusciante & Josh Klinghoffer, some Ulver (at least Perdition City), Mew, Espers (great dark folk), Mogwai (a good introduction to the post-rock scene) etc. etc.

solstice coil (an israeli band. pretty cool and unknown stuff. tell me if you have troubles finding it), antimatter.. ill try to come up with few more but this is what ive got right now..

Thanks all! can you recommend now some albums of this already mentioned band to start getting into it?.

The Gathering - Mandylion (though everything after that is amazing too)
Magenta Skycode - |||||
Massive Attack - 100th Window
John Frusciante & Josh Klinghoffer - A Sphere in the Heart of Silence
Ulver - Perdition City
Mew - And the Glass-Handed Kites
Espers - II
Mogwai - Mr. Beast

A friend of mine who really likes Porcupine Tree is also a huge fan of Skyclad. I personally don't listen to either that much so I can't make a specific recommendation, but it might be worth checking out.
I actually like Skyclad more than PT (at least old Skyclad), but that may be because I haven't heard too much PT material yet. I guess I should get myself updated on that.

Oh yeah and Anathema - Judgement
(and A Fine Day to Exit and A Natural Disaster and Alternative 4)